Yes its the Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band...review... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2007, 07:19 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by GibsonGirl
Revolver does nothing for me.

Tomorrow Never Knows ftw indeed.

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
I love that this is an introduction to the record. I love it. And I especially loves how it feeds into the next song.

With a Little Help From My Friends
I knew it from The Wonder Years a long time ago, but I also knew it was a Beatles song without actually hearing the original. Simple song to sing, only 5 note changes. Hooray Ringo appearance!

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Amazing John song, seriously. You don't need to take drugs to trip out on it. The voice, the music, the lyrics, everything is a musical LSD trip. I've overplayed it though, so I haven't heard it in ages.

Getting Better
Hello Phillips commercial! The lyrics are A+

Fixing a Hole
Not a shining moment in the album, but not awful at all.

She's Leaving Home
I get sad just listening to this song. I bet Thom Yorke channels it.

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
This really does fit in with the whole theme. I'm glad that they went back into a circus-y kind of mood that they presented in the beginning. I can completely picture Paul as the ringleader in this song.

Within You Without You
We were talking, about the space between us all. Brilliant song, zen-like lyrics, awesome music. Harrison, my main man.

When I'm Sixty-Four
Of course it's cheesy, it's meant to be cheesy! We had to sing this song in chorus in 4th grade. Lots of fun learning the lyrics. I never forgot them. Wasn't this song used in a commercial also?

Lovely Rita
Worst, and I mean this in the best way, song on the album. I just find it annoying. That said, I don't skip it.

Good Morning, Good Morning
This song scares people. "Is that a rooster?!" Yes, it's a myriad of animals waking you up. That's why this album is awesome. It can jump around from a drug trip to a circus, to a farm, to everything you want. And it does so seamlessly.

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
This is so much better than the original, but I'm glad they saved the better one musically for last. I love the "We're Sgt Pepper's one and only lonely hearts club band..." Just fucking brilliant wordplay.

A Day in the Life
Top 5 Beatles song forever. And ever. It is absolutely perfect in every day. From the weird lyrics, to the jump between John and Paul's parts, to the orchestra fornication (and we get it TWICE ) all the way to the loop at the end. And yes, even the part for dogs. It's at the very end before the loop, a high pitched noise. God, even the drumming, the fills Ringo injects in there. Amazing. Amazing fucking song. Song of the album, song of songs of songs of songs forever to come. Anything less than a 10 for this is criminal.

Old 01-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat
Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
I love that this is an introduction to the record. I love it. And I especially loves how it feeds into the next song.

With a Little Help From My Friends
I knew it from The Wonder Years a long time ago, but I also knew it was a Beatles song without actually hearing the original. Simple song to sing, only 5 note changes. Hooray Ringo appearance!

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
Amazing John song, seriously. You don't need to take drugs to trip out on it. The voice, the music, the lyrics, everything is a musical LSD trip. I've overplayed it though, so I haven't heard it in ages.

Getting Better
Hello Phillips commercial! The lyrics are A+

Fixing a Hole
Not a shining moment in the album, but not awful at all.

She's Leaving Home
I get sad just listening to this song. I bet Thom Yorke channels it.

Being for the Benefit of Mr. Kite!
This really does fit in with the whole theme. I'm glad that they went back into a circus-y kind of mood that they presented in the beginning. I can completely picture Paul as the ringleader in this song.

Within You Without You
We were talking, about the space between us all. Brilliant song, zen-like lyrics, awesome music. Harrison, my main man.

When I'm Sixty-Four
Of course it's cheesy, it's meant to be cheesy! We had to sing this song in chorus in 4th grade. Lots of fun learning the lyrics. I never forgot them. Wasn't this song used in a commercial also?

Lovely Rita
Worst, and I mean this in the best way, song on the album. I just find it annoying. That said, I don't skip it.

Good Morning, Good Morning
This song scares people. "Is that a rooster?!" Yes, it's a myriad of animals waking you up. That's why this album is awesome. It can jump around from a drug trip to a circus, to a farm, to everything you want. And it does so seamlessly.

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)
This is so much better than the original, but I'm glad they saved the better one musically for last. I love the "We're Sgt Pepper's one and only lonely hearts club band..." Just fucking brilliant wordplay.

A Day in the Life
Top 5 Beatles song forever. And ever. It is absolutely perfect in every day. From the weird lyrics, to the jump between John and Paul's parts, to the orchestra fornication (and we get it TWICE ) all the way to the loop at the end. And yes, even the part for dogs. It's at the very end before the loop, a high pitched noise. God, even the drumming, the fills Ringo injects in there. Amazing. Amazing fucking song. Song of the album, song of songs of songs of songs forever to come. Anything less than a 10 for this is criminal.
!!! But I love Fixing A Hole and would probably give it more like a 7.5

Oh.. and I heard With A Little Help first on The Wonder Years too!

But for a first time review COBL_04, I would say yours is not bad. I'm sure songs like A Day In The Life and Mr. Kite will grow on you.

Old 01-02-2007, 10:33 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:10 PM
30 years later and Pepper is still one of the best albums and still ahead of its time.