Wrestling: Eddie Guerrero passes away - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 11-15-2005, 07:32 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:05 AM
don't watch wrestling anymore but he was on it when i used to.

RIP Eddie

Old 11-15-2005, 10:12 AM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 05:05 PM
Just watched Chris Benoit's tribute on wwe.com

Old 11-15-2005, 12:02 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 05:35 AM
WWE.com posted the following:

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is steel reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”
Old 11-17-2005, 05:26 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Raw last nite on Sky Sports 3 was totally dedicated to Eddie, which was really nice. Seeing everyone stood together in silence at the start, and watching the Big Show & Benoit in tears was really sad.

Chris Benoit and Chavo's dedications were particularly moving, as was the audience's reaction.

A sad weekend indeed.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:57 AM   #20
New Yorker
I'll only see that in a month on my country. We'll miss you Eddie. Your feud with Rey Rey was amazing

you'll never be forgotten
Old 11-17-2005, 11:09 PM   #21
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:05 PM
I used to watch Eddie a lot back in my younger days. Hadn't watched it in a while so when I sat down flicking through the channels of Wendsday and decided to watch the beginning of Raw. And there it was...

From all reports he was a brilliant guy and without a doubt an amazing entertainer. He managed to come back from complete and utter rock bottom in life, found God and turned his life completely around. So like Michaels said, I feel happy knowing that there is no doubt that Eddie has gone to a better place. I will never forget the Eddie/RVD ladder match on Raw a few years ago, completely amazing athleticisim, charisma and skill. Eddie was the man .

RIP Eddie.
Old 11-19-2005, 12:56 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 05:05 AM
I used to watch wrestling back in the day. Yes I used to watch.. It's really sad that he died. He was very cool.
If he'd gone to the doctor when he was feeling crappy they probably could have done something. But I don't think it would have been possible or even helped.

Does anyone have an excerpt of what Big Show and Chris Benoit said about Eddie?