Wittenoom Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great (funny) moment in Australian sport: watching that tiny little Asian girl doing synchronised diving with her partner, who was twice her size and her age.

major_panic said:

What I love most about the OT is God's interactions with Moses.

Moses: "Damn it, these Israelites are a bunch of obnoxious idiots! God, kill them!"

God: "Now now, Moses, calm down and think good thoughts."

Later...

God: "Damn it, these Israelites haven't done what I said, AGAIN! That's it, I'm gonna smite them like I smote all those other idiots!"

Moses: "Whoah, whoah, God, calm down there and think happy thoughts."

:lmao:

Inconsistency in religion: WHO WOULD'VE EXPECTED IT!

bono_man2002 said:
Natalie Basingthistlebasingthislewaite PISS OFF!!!

I want to watch Good News Week!

Oh, I forgot that's on.

Fuck uni readings!

Axver said:

:lmao:

Inconsistency in religion: WHO WOULD'VE EXPECTED IT!

For me, it's just the fact that God gets held back by Moses. Just try to imagine it, it's great.

God + Moses: the original odd couple?

major_panic said:

For me, it's just the fact that God gets held back by Moses. Just try to imagine it, it's great.

God + Moses: the original odd couple?

:lol:

You know, even if I were a theist, I would be seriously questioning the accuracy of a mere mortal supposedly persuading God to take a different course of action ...

Axver said:

:lol:

You know, even if I were a theist, I would be seriously questioning the accuracy of a mere mortal supposedly persuading God to take a different course of action ...

Exactly! But remember, Moses also supposedly lived for 140 years, and wrote all five books of the Torah, and yet somehow knew that he was "the most humble man in all the world". Moses is special.

major_panic said:

Exactly! But remember, Moses also supposedly lived for 140 years, and wrote all five books of the Torah, and yet somehow knew that he was "the most humble man in all the world". Moses is special.

That being said, it's constantly being shown that humans can convince God to change His mind, which I reckon is pretty cool. It means that your future isn't set in stone like most Christians seem to believe (and conveniently forget when proselytising, I mean I don't think "you were destined to become a Christian, and God knows when it'll happen, and when your dog will die!" comes out much).

Woo, Craig Reucassel from The Chaser is on Good News Week!

coolian2 said:

Quite likely.

Moses was black, wasn't he?

MADE OF SUPERWIN!

You know what else is made of superwin? Having a postcount of 1337. I think I'll sit here and be smug for a while.

Last edited:
major_panic said:
You know what else is made of superwin? Having a postcount of 1337. I think I'll sit here and be smug for a while.

Wow, that was a long time ago for me.

I'm back!

I just watched an awesome WB cartoon from 1938 in which a prototype of Bugs Bunny basically cripples Porky Pig while he's already in hospital.

bono_man2002 said:

:up:

Is he the only one not going to jail? :lol:

:laugh:

I really need to work out when and with whom I'm seeing The Chaser's Age Of Terror Variety Hour.

Axver said:

:laugh:

I really need to work out when and with whom I'm seeing The Chaser's Age Of Terror Variety Hour.

I think I'm going to have to give it a Miss. Unless I swing by them at the Comedy Festival. But I'm not sure what's happening this year.

Work Sucks :down:

major_panic said:

That being said, it's constantly being shown that humans can convince God to change His mind, which I reckon is pretty cool. It means that your future isn't set in stone like most Christians seem to believe (and conveniently forget when proselytising, I mean I don't think "you were destined to become a Christian, and God knows when it'll happen, and when your dog will die!" comes out much).

I'd like to seriously respond to this, but ... Good News Week is on.

Axver said:

I'd like to seriously respond to this, but ... Good News Week is on.

:yes:

Also hey Saddo!

Wow, I got over having 1337 posts about as quickly as I got over having a nice warm day today.

Axver said:
Welcome back, Bonnie! :wave:

:wave:

Also hi Maj!

Thought I'd mention it before but I didn't have the chance - I'm reading Sam Harris' Letter to a Christian Nation. It's very good, nice and short and not incredibly smug (which I find other books written by atheists with atheists in mind to be).

Though not shown in this book, he does seem to be a little misguided about some religion though, like believing that Muslims expect 72 virgins (when it's actually 72 dates, as in the food). But I'm very critical of both heavy critics of Islam and also much of Islam itself, so I'll leave that be.

Last edited:
Oh man, the Libs and Nats just got owned in a big way on Good News Week. :lmao:

The Sad Punk said:
Thought I'd mention it before but I didn't have the chance - I'm reading Sam Harris' Letter to a Christian Nation. It's very good, nice and short and not incredibly smug (which I find other books written by atheists with atheists in mind to be).

Ah, I've wondered if that's worth the time. I've purposely avoided Hitchens because he just sounds like a bit of a nut. I'd like to read Dawkins, especially as what I have seen and heard from him has been reasonable.

Though not shown in this book, he does seem to be a little misguided about some religion though, like believing that Muslims expect 72 virgins (when it's actually 72 dates, as in the food).

OK, this I'm not familiar with this. I know the 72 virgins thing is not in the Koran as I've read it and it wasn't there, but that's it.

The Sad Punk said:

:wave:

Also hi Maj!

Interesting. I've not heard of it, but I'll have to look it up sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom