whats everyones plans for christmas/new years - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2003, 10:56 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:37 PM
whats everyones plans for christmas/new years

we usurally have a small party with some family friends at our house on christmas day...
same with new years (dad went to bed at about 10:30 last year...party poper )

and then this year we are off to the beach for a week

Old 12-14-2003, 11:04 PM   #2
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 12:37 AM
Christmas Eve will be spent at the home of my brother in law where the entire family will get together...all of my husband's siblings, his neices and nephews and their kids will show up..probably 40 or 50 of us in total. Dinner will be delayed, the small kids will be underfoot, the babies crying, the teenagers surly and the old people complaining...but I wouldn't miss it for anything

Christmas day we will open gifts with our kids and then pick my grandmother up and head for my mom's house for dinner.

New Years Eve will most likely be spent at home...too many crazy people out on the roads.

Old 12-15-2003, 01:18 AM   #3
Refugee

Local Time: 04:37 AM
all of mi familia will be in town for Christmas. One of my aunts and uncles will be in town on Sat.

for New Years Eve, i will be at a party with my friends celebrating the new year and my birthday!
Old 12-15-2003, 01:51 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:37 PM
happy birthday in advance, Iris!

Christmas I'll probably be rushing my holiday homework.

New Year's I've got a party of sorts planned. I've asked my class (there's about 15 of us) and we're probably going to play video games a lot.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:24 AM   #5
Blue Crack Supplier

christmas--home, my grandma will come over around 2 pm

new years--nothing. i never do anything then.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:54 AM   #6
Jesus Online

Local Time: 07:37 PM
We're having Christmas on Christmas Eve this year. Jesus's birthday didn't fit the schedule so we had to move it on him. Hope he doesn't mind. We're having a bbq/party thing as usual. NYE day we're having our daughter's first birthday bash which will just merge into NYE night which will be more of the same of what we did during the day. Too much food/grog, too many people etc. At least its looking like there's no fires this year though.
Old 12-15-2003, 10:55 AM   #7
Refugee

Local Time: 07:07 PM

all you lucky people - I ahve to work both christmas and new years christmas day I have to work a night duty - so I can't enjoy any of the 'christmas spirit' and then new years I finish work at 11pm on new years eve then start again at 7am new years day!!! I don't know what I did this year to deserve that!
Oh well, everyone have a drink for me, since I won't be able to have one myself.

Cheers,
Mandy
Old 12-15-2003, 11:02 AM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

My son's choir is singing during the 5:00pm service on Christmas eve (there are 4 services on Christmas eve; fortunately, he is only singing during the first service).

Christmas will be quiet at home. My dad will come over for dinner.

New Year's Eve - hopefully going to bed early as we hopefully will have a busy New Year's Day at the ROSEBOWL!
Old 12-15-2003, 11:16 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:37 AM
I'm going down to San Antonio for Christmas I get to see all my family from Mexico and stuff so that'll be fun (not to mention I have to get all the wedding stuff done while i'm down there too!)

New Year's we'll be back up here in Maryland and partying at one of my fiance's friend's house till the wee hours of the morning!!
Old 12-15-2003, 12:03 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:37 PM
just one of the many reasons why angie is cool

she can move christmas.
Old 12-16-2003, 08:21 PM   #11
Acrobat

Sunday is the party I throw so I can see all my friends...

Mom and stepdad are coming here for Christmas--for the first time since we moved here 9 years ago! I work Xmas eve day, but should be home early to help roll the taquitos (also, rice, beans, guacamole...this is our family's dish--we trot it out for every big occasion--OK, for the Oscars and birthdays )

Christmas itself will be at sister's house--about a mile away. It'll be carnage as always--presents followed by eggs benedict. Then I'm back to work the next day.

But for New Years, me and hubby are going to FLA! Gonna party with bro-in-law for a couple days, and then head to Marco Island and the beautiful ocan for a few days before returning to the land of winter
Old 12-16-2003, 10:43 PM   #12
New Yorker

Local Time: 01:37 AM

I'll spend Christmas Eve at my best friend's sister's house with the both of them. We will drink holiday beverages and watch a surfing video.

Christmas Day I will be with my family at my sister's house in beautiful Yorba Linda, CA.

Christmas night at midnight I expect I will be knocking on Mr. & Mrs. BAW's door, drunk and cheery. I will shout out "MERRY CHRISTMAS! HAPPY NEW YEAR! LET'S PARTY!"

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Old 12-16-2003, 10:50 PM   #13
BAW
The Flower

woohoo!!! Party with pubby!!!

Seriously...if any So Cal Interlanders want to stop by for some X-mas cheer, you are more than welcome! We'll even supply the cheer!
Old 12-16-2003, 10:51 PM   #14
Refugee

Local Time: 03:37 AM
I'll spend Christmas Eve at my aunt's house in Connecticut like I usually do, which is fun... the whole fam together with good food and good times.

Christmas, I'm leaving for Pennsylvania to visit my brother and sis-in-law so we can check out their new house I'm gonna wake up, open some prezzies, then hit the road for the 7 1/2 hour car ride

New Year's... who knows? I usually end up sitting around at home watching 3 Stooges or Monty Python marathons and eating Chinese food. Maybe I'll chill with friends... maybe not

Happy Holidays to everyone!!!
Old 12-17-2003, 10:27 PM   #15
Babyface

Local Time: 02:37 AM
Christmas Eve is fairly uneventful, and Christmas day is just dinner, and gifts, and even that usually doesn't last long.

I guess I save all my energy for New Years Eve.
I turned 21 in July and I plan on fully exercising my bar privledges someway, somehow this year.... only legally, hehehe