What is so Good about Oasis and Radiohead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:
Okay, enough about Radiohead. Let's talk about Oasis. :dancing:

Little by little... I gave you everything you ever dreamed of

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

how about Liam's use of the word "Shine", quite possibly the greatest pronuciation of any word ever.

SHHHHHHHHH-YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEE

lets talk about "little james"

Little James, We're all the same
They always seem to look to us
But we weren't meant to be grown ups
Thank you for your smile
You make it all worthwhile to us

YOu live for your toys, even though they make noise
Have you ever played with plastercine
Or even tried a trampline
Thank you for your smile
You make it all worthwhile to us

I'm singing this song for you and your mum that's all
'Cos it wont be long before everyone is gone

Sailed out to sea, your mum you and me
You swam the ocean like a child
Life around us was so wild
Thank you for your smile
You make it all worth while to us

I'm singing this song for you and your mum that's all
And it won't be long before everyone is gone

:yuck: :barf:

LemonMacPhisto said:

how about Liam's use of the word "Shine", quite possibly the greatest pronuciation of any word ever.

SHHHHHHHHH-YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEE

That's nothing compared to what Bono sings on Vertigo... 'checkmated, hours of fun???' sounds like totally different words. :huh: :huh:

Fair enough. I dig Oasis. :wink:

All your dreams are maaaade
When you're chained to your mirror with your razor blade
Today's the day that all the world will see

xaviMF22 said:
lets talk about "little james"

:yuck: :barf:

Let's not, and say we were too lazy to talk about it in the first place. :wink:

"Hey....Lyla! The star's about to fall, so what you say....Lyla!"

:lol:

Zootlesque said:

Why do I get the feeling you don't like Oasis, period? :wink:

I like Oasis up to..."be here now"

then Oasis went downhill

"Don't believe the truth" was a step in the right direction:wink:

uhm, I think Oasis's most underrated gem is Fuckin' in the Bushes.

Awesome groove with random BBC show snippets over it.

:drool:

When Oasis wasn't particularly rip-offy, that was when they were their most unsuccessful.

I don't think it's a lack of talent (but Little James does blow), but more of the public in the largest market (the US) expecting that type of sound from them.

Also known as the Pop Syndrome

LemonMacPhisto said:
When Oasis wasn't particularly rip-offy, that was when they were their most unsuccessful.

I don't think it's a lack of talent (but Little James does blow), but more of the public in the largest market (the US) expecting that type of sound from them.

Also known as the Pop Syndrome

well give me another album like
"Don't belive the truth" and all will be forgiven.....:up::wink:

I hated "Heathen chemestry".....
even the best song on that album was a ripoff

xaviMF22 said:

well give me another album like
"Don't belive the truth" and all will be forgiven.....:up::wink:

I hated "Heathen chemestry".....
even the best song on that album was a ripoff

:love:

Stop the Clocks and Boy With the Blues are gonna be on the best of, and Noel's been hyping them more than usual.

Heathen Chemistry is just plain horribly, but The Hindu Times, She is Love, and Little by Little are amazing, great, and Oasis-lite, respectively.

I'm thinkin a DBTT-era Champagne Supernova :drool:

and Boy With the Blues, I dunno, I hope it's another Magic Pie :drool:

Oasis are the second best band in the world.

Noel Gallagher is the most underrated musician ever. He has written some of the best tunes out there. Also, I think that he has the best acoustic voice ever.

Liam Gallagher is one of the best rock frontmen in history.

Enough said....

For me personally, (What's the Story) Morning Glory makes The Bends seem dishwateringly dull. I have absolutely no yearning to even hear Pablo Honey and I've been a radiohead fan for about 2 years.

Mind you, Kid A & Ok Computer are unquestionable masterpieces, and it's early days, but The Eraser is highly impressive and Harrowdown Hill espeically is better than most Radiohead songs, perhaps with the exception of Kinetic, Ideotheque, How to Disappear and Paranoid Android.

Stop the Clocks will be an interesting compilation, yet there will probably be half a dozen worthy songs that will miss the cut despite their brilliance, especially with the pending inclusion of the unremarkable b-side Half the World Away, the sensational Aquiesce and the 2 new songs.

I'm hoping their will be a simultaneous DVD release with all of Oasis' videos.

U2One said:
Oasis are the second best band in the world.

Noel Gallagher is the most underrated musician ever. He has written some of the best tunes out there. Also, I think that he has the best acoustic voice ever.

Enough said....

Noel is extremely underrated, and Liam plays the frontman / decadent rock star role very well.

But their antics grow pretty tiresome and I wished they were bigger than they turned out to be.

U2One said:

Enough said....

:applaud:

If anyone in this thread has never heard Noel sing Slide Away acoustically... I think I have the mp3 somewhere that I can hunt down and share.

And yeah, Noel writes some fantastic songs. I live in continual awe of his awesome riffs. I've had the riff to "Supersonic" in my head for a couple of years now. Alternating with "Columbia" that is...

Liam plays the frontman very very well. And that's why we love him. Cause he says the shit we all wish we could! lol (Or at least that's why I love him ;) ) At the same time, its easy to see how much they love the music they create. Just listen to Noel or Liam in an interview (when they're talking about their music, not being asked questions about themselves).

Anyway, I'm an Oasis fan. :) Could you tell?

Last edited:
hippy said:

Liam plays the frontman very very well. And that's why we love him. Cause he says the shit we all wish we could! lol (Or at least that's why I love him ;) ) At the same time, its easy to see how much they love the music they create. Just listen to Noel or Liam in an interview (when they're talking about their music, not being asked questions about themselves).

Anyway, I'm an Oasis fan. :) Could you tell?

Wibbling Rivalry, it's hilarious, but it reveals both Noel and Liam, to be genuinely real and honest individuals, something that is arguably lacking in a lot of the rock and roll that is around today.

If they were to be one of these bands who attempt to revolutionise music with every album, it would be insincere. That is not them and it is not what they wanna do. Why not write the kind of music you've always loved? There is something authentic about that I reckon...

Amen to the last two posts. The thing I really love about the Gallagher brothers is that they do & say exactly what they want to do and don't listen to anyone else. In interviews, both have continuously said that they don't give a shit what other people think about them or their music. They're not trying to impress anyone. They make the music that they want to make. They don't try to sell themselves. They just do what they want.

And yea, that acoustic version of Slide Away, with Noel on vocals, is fucking fantastic. It's from Chicago and I think you can actually find a video of it on youtube

Justin24 said:
And when I meant Blink 182 I was talking about there last album for (radio heads side) Oasis sounds like the earlier albums by Blink 182

I'll have what that guy is having...

0619_019.jpg

Back
Top Bottom