We now return you to your non Olympic Randoooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'm going to bed soon. I'm getting tired of AOL moving a bit slow for me and going back and forth watching the boring Oscars with my mom. I haven't seen any of the movies this year so it's really boring...usually my mom and I have a fun night tradition with it.

It is still snowing...........:madspit:
A little bummed here, one of my friends can't make it to Hawaii with J and I...........:(

My sister and I saw Coldplay last night. Good show, even from row Z :).

We are so dense though. Before the show, we saw these big yellow balls up in the rafters. We were both wondering what they were for. I still didn't figure it out until about a minute into "Yellow" - "Ooooooooooooh, I think they're going to drop down :der: ".

After we left, we made fun of how dense we were:.

"I wonder what those big YELLOW balloons are for?"

"Do you think those big YELLOW things could be used for sound barriers?"

"Look up there at those huge YELLOW things!"

"They sure are YELLOW." etc.

:reject:

Even though I came in late today, I still feel like a zombie :(.

Last edited:
kellyahern said:
My sister and I saw Coldplay last night. Good show, even from row Z :).

We are so dense though. Before the show, we saw these big yellow balls up in the rafters. We were both wondering what they were for. I still didn't figure it out until about a minute into "Yellow" - "Ooooooooooooh, I think they're going to drop down :der: ".

After we left, we made fun of how dense we were:.

"I wonder what those big YELLOW balloons are for?"

"Do you think those big YELLOW things could be used for sound barriers?"

"Look up there at those huge YELLOW things!"

"They sure are YELLOW." etc.

:reject:

Even though I came in late today, I still feel like a zombie :(.

Glad you had a good time! I have been reading about the concert on the Coldplay forums............I am getting soooo excited about the 19th.........:hyper:

:sigh: The entire 6:00 news was about Kirby Puckett. They have a crew in AZ at the hospital and they will update us throughout the night if his condition changes. They are acting like he's dead! :| He's our baseball hero and it's funny how people talk about him. In one sentence he's the greatest baseball player we've ever had. But the next sentence is he's a pig etc. for some domestic violence stuff. He doesn't even live in MN anymore because of it. I don't know too much about the negative side to him. All I know is for 12 years the baseball news in MN was all Kirby and there were 2 kids on my block with a dog named Kirby. He was huge. It sucks the way the news is reacting to all of this now. (he's in his mid 40's and had a storke yesterday if you're wondering why I'm talking about this :sexywink: ).

arw9797 said:
:sigh: The entire 6:00 news was about Kirby Puckett. They have a crew in AZ at the hospital and they will update us throughout the night if his condition changes. They are acting like he's dead! :| He's our baseball hero and it's funny how people talk about him. In one sentence he's the greatest baseball player we've ever had. But the next sentence is he's a pig etc. for some domestic violence stuff. He doesn't even live in MN anymore because of it. I don't know too much about the negative side to him. All I know is for 12 years the baseball news in MN was all Kirby and there were 2 kids on my block with a dog named Kirby. He was huge. It sucks the way the news is reacting to all of this now. (he's in his mid 40's and had a storke yesterday if you're wondering why I'm talking about this :sexywink: ).

I saw that yesterday.

My day at work in smileys:

:yawn:

busyrunningaroundsmiley

then 15 minutes before the end of the day . . .
:mad: :yell: :banghead: :rant: :mad:

Nothing like planning a huge event that I'm already having nightmares about and then people butt in obsessing about something so stupid but ohsoimportant to them that now I have to obsess over it too, when I have a gagillion other things to do.

I loooooooooove working for small town government :rolleyes:.

:happy: I love getting a lecture from my mom about stuff that doesn't concern her. When I change the subject or ask her to drop it, that is her signal to continue on and say even more stuff that is none of her business.

:|

arw9797 said:
:happy: I love getting a lecture from my mom about stuff that doesn't concern her. When I change the subject or ask her to drop it, that is her signal to continue on and say even more stuff that is none of her business.

My mom does the same thing...what about lets move on or to drop a subject do they not understand. My mom will even come back to it 10 mins later.

arw9797 said:

All moms must be the same :happy:

arw9797 said:

:| he died.

The tv station that said they would come back if anything happened is showing a game show.

I can't believe Kirby Puckett is dead. Wow.

Kariann said:

My mom does the same thing...what about lets move on or to drop a subject do they not understand. My mom will even come back to it 10 mins later.

coming back in 10 minutes is always a favorite of mine.

I ended th conversation with a quick "I'll call you tomorrow" and hung up. She has not called back. I'm shocked.

arw9797 said:

:| he died.

The tv station that said they would come back if anything happened is showing a game show.

I can't believe Kirby Puckett is dead. Wow.

no....................:(

Kariann said:

Oh my....he wasn't that old either.

I'm in shock. I haven't thought about him in 10 years. Probably more. I played softball in jr high and high school so I was a big Twins fan back in the day. Kirby was a god in Minnesota back then.

arw9797 said:

I'm in shock. I haven't thought about him in 10 years. Probably more. I played softball in jr high and high school so I was a big Twins fan back in the day. Kirby was a god in Minnesota back then.

Yeah I remember him playing and he was considered one of the best in the game back then. It doesn't even feel like it's been that long that he hasn't been playing.

Kariann said:

Yeah I remember him playing and he was considered one of the best in the game back then. It doesn't even feel like it's been that long that he hasn't been playing.

just 10 years ago. He would have played for longer but he had glaucoma that wasn't discovered until it was too late. I think he lost his vision in one eye. So thanks to Kirby everyone in MN went nuts about eye care and now for the last 24 hours the news has been talking about signs to strokes and giving numbers and email links for more info.

:(

arw9797 said:

just 10 years ago. He would have played for longer but he had glaucoma that wasn't discovered until it was too late. I think he lost his vision in one eye. So thanks to Kirby everyone in MN went nuts about eye care and now for the last 24 hours the news has been talking about signs to strokes and giving numbers and email links for more info.

:(

No that you mention it I remember hearing about the glaucoma.

:( It's kind of a shock.

Ahem.

Shameless journal plug.

I know these fast cars
Will do me no good.

Sorry to interrupt. :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom