Wanglik, Guangdong Superthread - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2008, 07:56 AM   #436
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 01:15 PM
Comeng shooting onto the Moonee Ponds Creek bridge underneath a Tullamarine Freeway offramp.

See the concrete end of the bridge, and the ground rising up to the wire fence? I usually stand up there. Awesome spot with a good view straight down the line, but fuuuuck, when trains go by on the closest track, it feels a little too close to the action. Especially when it's a steam train doing a good speed. I was filming it, and when it swapped from the third track to the closest track, you can hear me mutter "oh ... god!"

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 07:58 AM   #437
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 03:15 AM
that's a really nice pic Ax! nice sky too!

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-18-2008, 08:00 AM   #438
Galeonbroad

Last Activity: 07-14-2008 02:42 PM

apparently it's only been four days... tho it's still a long time!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Old 07-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #439
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
myea,... but joking aside.. it does worry me... she's usually around every few days..

btw, you passed the 58k!
Last e-mail I got from her was on Tuesday. You heard from her since?

Yep, my 58,000th post was unintentionally funny too. Here it is, complete with Chass's previous post for context.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamOutLoud13 View Post
That takes effort.

Besides, Tyler Durden says that I am not my post count.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
I once wrote an essay about how post count is the meaning of life. Don't make me dig it up and revise it so that it's Interference-appropriate.

Edit: I love how, entirely by accident, this was my 58,000th post.

[Edit summary: "58,000, meh."]

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 08:01 AM   #440
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Comeng shooting onto the Moonee Ponds Creek bridge underneath a Tullamarine Freeway offramp.

See the concrete end of the bridge, and the ground rising up to the wire fence? I usually stand up there. Awesome spot with a good view straight down the line, but fuuuuck, when trains go by on the closest track, it feels a little too close to the action. Especially when it's a steam train doing a good speed. I was filming it, and when it swapped from the third track to the closest track, you can hear me mutter "oh ... god!"

Sweet shot. It does look as though you'd be pretty fucking close.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:03 AM   #441
Vocal parasite

Quote:
that's a really nice pic Ax! nice sky too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Sweet shot. It does look as though you'd be pretty fucking close.
Thanks.

Do wish there were some sunlight on the train, but you can't get everything, and I'm just glad I didn't totally blow out the sky. I have this tendency of losing too much detail from it.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 08:04 AM   #442
Galeonbroad

Nice post Ax coindident or not?
Old 07-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #443
Vocal parasite

Watch out, 60,000 will be here by the end of next week, I'm sure.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 08:05 AM   #444
Galeonbroad

I left Ali a profile message, perhaps she ahs it set that she receives an email for that and she'll reply?
I haven't seen her on msn at all either
Old 07-18-2008, 08:06 AM   #445
Galeonbroad

msn last seen, monday 14th aswell
Old 07-18-2008, 08:08 AM   #446
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I left Ali a profile message, perhaps she ahs it set that she receives an email for that and she'll reply?
I haven't seen her on msn at all either
Quote:
msn last seen, monday 14th aswell
Hmm, this is weird. She was definitely at work Tuesday, as evidenced by the e-mail I have from her. I'm tempted to send a text message to her mobile phone ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 08:09 AM   #447
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:15 PM
Here's an arrival that got me way too excited. I heard on my scanner that an incoming Air New Zealand domestic flight was told to look out for incoming A330 traffic from the north and I was jumping around out of excitement.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #448
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Here's an arrival that got me way too excited. I heard on my scanner that an incoming Air New Zealand domestic flight was told to look out for incoming A330 traffic from the north and I was jumping around out of excitement.

Speaking of that sort of thing, here's a train that excited me. I was perfectly calm as I photographed it, but once it was gone, I did a little jig on the spot. There are actually TWO rail bridges over the Moonee Ponds Creek; one is much higher and is a flyover to the Craigieburn/Albury line. These two S class locomotives suddenly trundled across, just got out of sight, trundled back again, cue jig from me, then returned a few minutes later with a freight train that I videoed.

Here they are running back.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 08:13 AM   #449
Vocal parasite

Here's the locos on their first cross of the bridge. Unfortunately, I was only just getting to the spot, so I had no time to set up or anything, I just whipped out the camera. This is probably the best photo I got. Sure, the pylon chops off the front of the loco, but at least it illustrates what a maze of bridges and pylons the spot is.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 07-18-2008, 08:15 AM   #450
Galeonbroad

you really spend lots of time photographing trains eh? nice!

that last train looks a bit like the dutch Sprinter!

Tags
superthread