Vrbno pod Pradědem Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alisaura said:

Dammit... MUST READ LICHTENSTEIN.

... later. :lol:

I've not actually read that thread either, just hung around and watched the aftermath. I'm still peeved that I missed it!

Man, having a real life kinda sucks.

I guess it may have been different if you lived in the city, but in primary school we'd occasionally be visited by Aboriginal speakers that taught us about the Dreamtime, let us play with boomerangs and other cool stuff, and attempt their dot style painting. We even had an excursion to an assorted lot of historically and mythologically important areas of the local Narrunga people.

But after primary, this just didn't seem important to our school. We didn't learn much about the actual history of what occurred, bar perhaps a short discussion during a Society lesson.

Last edited:
mysterious_jen said:
aboriginal studies are part of all primary school and high school curriculums now.
I never got that. I think the only reason anyone even mentioned Aboriginals to me at school was that I was in grade 4 when the Bicentennial was on... that might have been the year we all painted rocks and a big banner with dots and stuff.

Oh wait, I tell a lie... we went to the Aboriginal centre at Halls Gap in year 9 or 10 or something. That was pretty cool... Emu tastes good :wink:

Then a magpie swooped me on the way back to the bus.

Why do birds hate me so? :sad:

Last edited:
bono_man2002 said:

The whole U2:3D thing has put you on a U2 High too eh?

I'm watching the Milan DVD at the moment, It has been collecting dust since about December 2006.

always in varying degrees of u2 high but i have an unbelievable physical reaction when anythin new pops up,

people here were worried last night !

:lol:

Alisaura said:

I never got that. I think the only reason anyone even mentioned Aboriginals to me at school was that I was in grade 4 when the Bicentennial was on... that might have been the year we all painted rocks and a big banner with dots and stuff.

Oh wait, I tell a lie... we went to the Aboriginal centre at Halls Gap in year 9 or 10 or something. That was pretty cool... Emu tasts good :wink:

remember the birds dont control you , one day you will control the birds :wink:

major_panic said:
@Ali: I don't think I'll be making it to the midnight screening, so you can probably free up the ticket :( Thanks for holding it for me though!
No worries! Hopefully we will see you at another screening :)

Well, it now seems I have four tickets to the midnight one to offload... :lol: ... who wants 'em?
(I'll post in the proper thread too)

<--- overzealous :reject:

Alisaura said:

No worries! Hopefully we will see you at another screening :)

Well, it now seems I have four tickets to the midnight one to offload... :lol: ... who wants 'em?
(I'll post in the proper thread too)

<--- overzealous :reject:

i think a couple o people i knows may be interested, but try the yahoo u2 board first

bono_man2002 said:
I mean the real setlist parties :wink:
Yeah, I know :wink: You just reminded me that I hadn't read it all yet...
And I keep meaning to go and read the parties for the shows I was at. :nerd: :reject:

Ax was sending me the set via email at work for Lichtenstein... I kept chuckling away to myself and deflecting questions from my colleagues... they just wouldn't understand... :lol:

Oh Gosh.

Watching the Boston DVD. You know I haven't watched this in like 2 years. Man. To come back from a "U2 Break" for so long.

They are awesome :up:

:nerd:

Alisaura said:

Yeah, I know :wink: You just reminded me that I hadn't read it all yet...
And I keep meaning to go and read the parties for the shows I was at. :nerd: :reject:

Ax was sending me the set via email at work for Lichtenstein... I kept chuckling away to myself and deflecting questions from my colleagues... they just wouldn't understand... :lol:

Hehe.

Most of the guys I work with think I'm crazying for seeing U2 7 times in America, and then even just twice in Australia.

C'mon!, Nobody understands the U2 freak within!....embrace the U2 Freak!

:rockon:

major_panic said:
Where are they, anyway? I'm trying to find the one for the show that I was at. :shrug:
There's a whole forum about the Vertigo Tour, I think... it's been locked but it should be still up here somewhere.

*goes hunting*

bono_man2002 said:
Most of the guys I work with think I'm crazying for seeing U2 7 times in America, and then even just twice in Australia.

C'mon!, Nobody understands the U2 freak within!....embrace the U2 Freak!
The people at work thought I was mad for going to both Melbourne shows... then I told them about people I knew who saw all the Australian shows and then some overseas... :lol: There's fans, and then there's FANS.

And then the freaks, as you say... :wink:

Then when I came back to work after the concert weekend, and they all asked me how it was... :lol: I was on such a high for at least a week afterwards.

*nostalgia*

major_panic said:

I've not actually read that thread either, just hung around and watched the aftermath. I'm still peeved that I missed it!

Man, having a real life kinda sucks.

:lol: You and Ali really need to read the Liechtenstein stuff. What a thread ...!

Alisaura said:

The people at work thought I was mad for going to both Melbourne shows... then I told them about people I knew who saw all the Australian shows and then some overseas... :lol: There's fans, and then there's FANS.

And then the freaks, as you say... :wink:

Then when I came back to work after the concert weekend, and they all asked me how it was... :lol: I was on such a high for at least a week afterwards.

*nostalgia*

I was on a high till the end of the tour I think. 2006 for me was a mostly wasted, and bad year for me. It's a bit of a long story. But U2 topped off a fucking fantastic ending to the year.

I wish I could go back, just great times, I can't wait for them to come back.

and Welcome back Ax! :wave:

The Sad Punk said:
I guess it may have been different if you lived in the city, but in primary school we'd occasionally be visited by Aboriginal speakers that taught us about the Dreamtime, let us play with boomerangs and other cool stuff, and attempt their dot style painting. We even had an excursion to an assorted lot of historically and mythologically important areas of the local Narrunga people.

But after primary, this just didn't seem important to our school. We didn't learn much about the actual history of what occurred, bar perhaps a short discussion during a Society lesson.

Wow, that sounds like it would've at least been decent. I actually did more on the Aborigines in New Zealand than in Australia! In about standard two or three (when I was eight or nine), a traditional Aboriginal dance troupe or something along those lines toured New Zealand and visited my school. So we saw their show and did various activities related to the culture. I was actually more conscious of the existence of the Aborigines in New Zealand than I was in Australia. Unbe-fucking-lievable, I know.

Alisaura said:
Emu tastes good :wink:

SHIT YES.

At my father's fiftieth, emu was one of the dishes served. Wow, that was some of the best meat I've ever eaten.

I'm sorry, but :lol:! Could be worse - I remember reading about a guy on my native Kapiti Coast who was just riding his bike down the road when a magpie attacked him and ripped his nose off. :yikes:

I read that when I was about eight and I've been wary of magpies ever since.

Axver said:
I'm sorry, but :lol:! Could be worse - I remember reading about a guy on my native Kapiti Coast who was just riding his bike down the road when a magpie attacked him and ripped his nose off. :yikes:

I read that when I was about eight and I've been wary of magpies ever since.

Oucch!

Axver said:

Wow, that sounds like it would've at least been decent. I actually did more on the Aborigines in New Zealand than in Australia! In about standard two or three (when I was eight or nine), a traditional Aboriginal dance troupe or something along those lines toured New Zealand and visited my school. So we saw their show and did various activities related to the culture. I was actually more conscious of the existence of the Aborigines in New Zealand than I was in Australia. Unbe-fucking-lievable, I know.

All I learned about them in high school was how they'd been subjugated. Nothing really about their culture, lifestyle, anything.

And man, the Liechtenstein stuff, I laughed so hard when I first opened the thread after it'd been locked. I still can't believe people actually fell for it.

Alisaura said:

As I was sending it, I was wondering what you made of my little comments along the way to everybody else, all of whom were there, like about how the next song is "Flower Child - they've simply got to realise this is fake now!"

Axver said:

SHIT YES.

At my father's fiftieth, emu was one of the dishes served. Wow, that was some of the best meat I've ever eaten.

And you people think that Asian, Aboriginal and African people eat weird stuff...

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom