Victory Beach, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the second time I've seen you use "pissed" in the US way... what, are you going to get drunk? Any excuse for drunkposting, I guess... :wink:

The Healsville sanctuary, mostly, although I don't know what else is out there. I need to see more of this area too.

There's an American way to use 'pissed'? That's somehow managed to escape my Fuck America radar.

Ah, yeah, I'd like to go to the Sanctuary. Healesville also has the Yarra Valley Railway, which is the main reason I want to go out there; a bus runs straight from Lilydale railway station to the YVR's station, so I'll spare you the pain and go there with FAR sometime. But there are parks and stuff in the vicinity that I'd love to see and couldn't access on my own - Mum and I would've made our way up to Kinglake National Park if we hadn't run out of time.

Red Light h8rs can foad :)p)

ztr1000_01_duo_trumpets_550_pixjpeg.jpg

ezra10.jpg

STANDING IN DEFIANCE

... well, it's not that great, but it's still better than SHE GAWWNA LEEFEN UHMERICAHHHH

G'night, cin! :wave:

He probably couldn't recognise you at that distance... although it took me a moment for the face to click :reject: Then I was yelling "It's Cin!" at him, cos I forgot your name. :lol: ... :reject:

:laugh:

See, I call her cin off here too simply because that's what I'm used to saying. I can remember her name. :tongue:

(This post has too many smileys. Hmpf.)

I listened to War last night or so. Gee, it sounded good. Even Red Light wasn't that bad. I like it more than The Refugee, anyway.

There is nothing about the last two sentences of your post that even vaguely approaches being correct. Sorry.

Red Light can FOAD. At least Larry knows how to play with a faint semblance of passion in Refugee.

There is nothing about the last two sentences of your post that even vaguely approaches being correct. Sorry.

Red Light can FOAD. At least Larry knows how to play with a faint semblance of passion in Refugee.

Yeah, but the Refugee just sounds like it would smell if the CD would allow that. I don't dislike it, though.

I know :lol: I'm just waiting for the space age when I get to stick something in there for a SECOND :drool: :fat:

Have you seen The Fifth Element? I want one of those things where you put this little dehydrated pellet on a plate, stick it in a microwave and DING! Giant roast chicken dinner. :drool:

Have you seen The Fifth Element? I want one of those things where you put this little dehydrated pellet on a plate, stick it in a microwave and DING! Giant roast chicken dinner. :drool:

I haven't seen it in a long time, but that idea is EXACTLY what I'm talking about :combust:

There's an American way to use 'pissed'? That's somehow managed to escape my Fuck America radar.

Aussie "pissed" = drunk

American "pissed" = annoyed, angry, pissed-off

Aussie "pissed-off" = annoyed, angry

... well, it's not that great, but it's still better than SHE GAWWNA LEEFEN UHMERICAHHHH

WOOAH WOOA-OOAAH

*loves The Refugee*

See, I call her cin off here too simply because that's what I'm used to saying. I can remember her name.

(This post has too many smileys. Hmpf.)

I know too many people with that name... too many U2 fans with that name, or a variation thereof, even.

Aussie "pissed" = drunk

American "pissed" = annoyed, angry, pissed-off

Aussie "pissed-off" = annoyed, angry

Psh, "pissed" qualifies as an abbreviation in the great Aussie Tradition of Abbreviations (and, in many contexts, a more grammatically pleasing form) of "pissed off".

It's one of those great multi-purpose words like "bloody", "shit", and "fuck" that can fit into almost any role you desire.

Oh wow, are you zoomed in at all? Otherwise, you guys DID have an excellent view.

That probably was a bit zoomed in, yeah. But it's a pretty good venue, we did have a good view, halfway back as we were.... if I zoomed in more, things got a bit too blurry. *L*

PC020324sml.jpg

Beginning of the stage invasion...

That probably was a bit zoomed in, yeah. But it's a pretty good venue, we did have a good view, halfway back as we were.... if I zoomed in more, things got a bit too blurry. *L*

PC020324sml.jpg

Beginning of the stage invasion...

This would qualify as "good" by my camera.

NOW DO YOU PEOPLE SEE WHY I WANT A NEW ONE?

I want a new camera too, Ax!

Although mine did come in useful on Saturday night when I was walking back home with a mate. We were a little tipsy, but we discovered a brush tailed possum up a little tree and I took some fluke shots of it. Not too bad ones, either.

Psh, "pissed" qualifies as an abbreviation in the great Aussie Tradition of Abbreviations (and, in many contexts, a more grammatically pleasing form) of "pissed off".

It's one of those great multi-purpose words like "bloody", "shit", and "fuck" that can fit into almost any role you desire.

Well, I used to only hear Americans use "pissed" as "angry", so I don't desire to use it in that context, so nyah. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom