Tri-Nations and Bledisloe Cup Rugby is fast approaching! - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-22-2005, 05:02 PM   #106
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
GibsonGirl!

When are you getting a broadcast?
It comes on tonight for the first time at 3:30 AM. On tomorrow at 10:00 PM as well, so I'll have to watch it then.

Old 08-22-2005, 05:47 PM   #107
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:16 PM
I swear, when I move to the US in five years or so (how similar are US and Canadian networks, is there much crossover?), there better bloody well be live rugby for me. I will pay good money to see the All Blacks live. Even if it means getting up at 2:30am in the morning and waking the neighbourhood with my gloriously bad rendition of God Defend New Zealand.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-22-2005, 05:50 PM   #108
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

But Axver you didn't even watch our first test.

I know you can watch them live because your favourite Kiwi gets them beamed live to wherever he is, on set or what not. So it can be done.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:57 AM   #109
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I swear, when I move to the US in five years or so (how similar are US and Canadian networks, is there much crossover?), there better bloody well be live rugby for me. I will pay good money to see the All Blacks live. Even if it means getting up at 2:30am in the morning and waking the neighbourhood with my gloriously bad rendition of God Defend New Zealand.
I'm not sure about the different networks...I think there's just a plain old Fox Sports World for America. How similar it is to Fox Sports World Canada, I don't know. But they probably get all the rugby live, because the Yanks get everything. It's very rare to see a live rugby game on FSWC, but you get ALL the live English Premiership League you want. And when Liverpool's not playing, that really isn't of any use to me.

*kicks TV*

But I suppose it's better than getting no rugby at all.
Old 08-26-2005, 03:20 PM   #110
Vocal parasite

Well, here's hoping that it doesn't cost too much ...! Maybe in five years, the US will be converted to rugby and stop playing their stupid-twit sports?

BIG GAME TODAY!!!

Come on, New Zealand! South Africa have never won at the House Of Pain before and let's hope that doesn't change.

And GibsonGirl, I'm going to be posting the score here, and you better not peek! Or I'll ... I'll ... I won't upload any more music goodness!

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-26-2005, 03:24 PM   #111
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh bugger. You have no idea how hard it is not to peek! It's like...being forced to sit through Good Charlotte, or something. And I suppose I'll have to wait another week before I can actually see the stupid game on TV, too.

COME ON, SPRINGBOKS! GIVE THOSE KIWIS A BLOODY GOOD KLAP!
Old 08-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #112
ONE
love, blood, life

I just checked the TV listings. For the next three days, there's English Football...Aussie Rules Football...UCLAWHATEVERTHEHELLITIS Soccer...more Aussie Rules Football...the measly 30 minute long Cricket World...even more Aussie Effin' Rules Football...AND NO RUGBY.

I'm going to start sending rude emails now. This is just not on!
Old 08-26-2005, 06:10 PM   #113
Vocal parasite

Why the fuck would they broadcast Aussie Rules when barely anyone outside of Victoria/South Australia even gives a shit?

In that case, I'll take away my peeking threat.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-26-2005, 09:08 PM   #114
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Draft Post for later this evening:

Hard luck and commiserations to my Afrikaaner friends. A gallant effort by all men involved (the use of the term men naturally discludes Percy). Maybe next time. God bless Henry, God bless Tana.

At least you beat Australia.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:17 PM   #115
Vocal parasite

Looking forward to seeing the final copy of that post, Tim!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-27-2005, 02:58 AM   #116
Vocal parasite

Don't want to know the result? Stop reading now. I mean it!

I would like to say that is one of the single best games of rugby I have seen in my life, featuring the two best teams in the world at the moment. Shame about Mr Frenchie the ref (maybe he still holds a grudge over Mururoa?), but seven exceptional tries made that game a true standout. If you like gridiron and you'd seen that game, your mind would've been blown by how fucking better rugby is. Best game of the year, certainly.

THE SCORE!

New Zealand 31 - 27 South Africa

South Africa: 13
New Zealand: 10
Australia: 2

If New Zealand defeats an injury-ravaged but fighting-for-pride Australian team next week, we will raise the Tri-Nations Cup!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-27-2005, 04:11 AM   #117
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hard luck and commiserations to my Afrikaaner friends. A gallant effort by all men involved (the use of the term men naturally discludes Percy). Maybe next time. God bless Henry, God bless Tana.

At least you beat Australia.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:28 AM   #118
Vocal parasite

God bless Tana?

Geez, I think even God was scared by Tana's ferocious and awesome new Haka!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-27-2005, 04:33 AM   #119
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Oh I know... the new Haka freaked the shit out of me. It really, really messed me up. I mean we have taken that Haka for granted since we both started rugby, hey... the only change was in arm actions the first two lines in '99. That one is really going to take some getting used to.

I'm almost inclined to analyze it as a piece of music... far less poppy than the previous work, deep, layered a classic for years to come.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:37 AM   #120
Vocal parasite

I was sitting there thinking "WTF is this?" and then just watched in fearful awe. Tana leading that Haka ... I have never before seen anything like that in my life. Now, you and I, we've seen some mighty Hakas over the years, but my goodness, that inspired absolute terror!

Best Haka I have ever seen. It's going to take some topping. I need a video of that!

I just hope they do it again against Australia. I'm sure the Aussies are already scared, what with half their starting team out with injury - that Haka might just cause them to turn around and run back to the hotel to hide under their beds!

Gig pictures | Blog