Throw Ron Artest out of the league - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2004, 07:51 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:39 AM
It's a good day for lawyers in Detroit...

Old 11-20-2004, 08:18 PM   #47
Blue Crack Distributor

And people wonder why I never mention where I'm from.

Old 11-21-2004, 12:31 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

That guy who got clocked by Jermaine Oneal doesnt care about getting laid out because hes getting $$$$$$. it was his friend who went up to Artest, and even he will get paid. He might have went up to him, but Artest swung the real punch first. But anyway, that other guy just got clocked by O'Neil, who didnt even have the beer thrown on him. In a court of law, they dont care about stick up for your teammates, he's getting sued.....it's a happy day for a lot of people who were at that game.
Old 11-21-2004, 12:34 AM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I still get upset that the pacers are all put on a pedistal for helping each other out, but when some of the detroit fans jumped in to help out those guys that Artest initially attacked, it's the biggest disgrace to the city of Detroit.
Old 11-21-2004, 02:36 PM   #50
War Child

Local Time: 09:39 AM
I heard Artest got 30 games, and O'Neal and Jackson got 20 games each....

Boy, they got off scot free. Scott Peterson wishes he was so lucky.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:14 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

The NBA responded harshly to the fight Friday in Detroit. Ron Artest will not play this year. Stephen Jackson will miss 30 games, Jermaine O'Neal 25, Ben Wallace six and Anthony Johnson five. Four others received one-game suspensions and fines.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:41 PM   #52
War Child

Local Time: 09:39 AM

Bye, Bye Ronnie.. Hope the rap career goes well..
Old 11-21-2004, 04:38 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Looks like all the Pacers involved are gone for 15 or 30 games, they got the worst of it.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:09 PM   #54
Blue Crack Distributor

well the pacers deserved to get the worst of it... it was the pacer players who went into the stands.

these are three of the 5 longest suspensions in NBA history
72- ron artest
68- latrell sprewell
30- stephen jackson
26- kermit washington
25- jermaine o'neal

other guys who have been suspended include from the pistons...
ben wallace- 6 games
chauncey billups- 1 game
eldel campbell- 1 game
derrick coleman- 1 game

pacers
anthony johnson- 5 games
reggie miller- 1 game

all the suspensions will be served at the same time... in other words... even the knicks could beat the pacers now.
Old 11-21-2004, 05:47 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Frankly, I think that the 1 game suspensions for "automatically leaving the bench" are completely ludicrous. Why is Reggie Miller being suspended for trying to pull the lunatics away from the fans.

No common sense at all.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:39 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

best news I've heard all day, Stern actually stood up and did something right. I'm thinking the players assoc. will appeal and get it cut in half personally, but hope it sticks. Gives the players a lesson, if they suspended him like 10 games, then it could happen again. But now this, a year??? How many millions is he losing? Players wont go into the stands for awhile.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:44 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Big Ben deserved longer...his overreaction to the Artest foul precipitated the whole incident.
And whats important now is that many many Detroit Pissed-ons fans lose their season tix rights (if they were season tix holders) and are prosecuted and imprisoned for their actions...the video should help to identify the worst offenders, the 2 clowns who went on the floor and got decked respectively by Artest and O'Neal deserve to be punished, the idiot who started it by throwing the drink at Artest deserves jail time as do several others.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:45 AM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by anitram
Frankly, I think that the 1 game suspensions for "automatically leaving the bench" are completely ludicrous. Why is Reggie Miller being suspended for trying to pull the lunatics away from the fans.

No common sense at all.
the leaving the bench suspensions were handed out for people who left the bench durring the initial fight between artest and wallace.

the leaving the bench rule has been in effect for a long time now. back in the mid 90s patrick ewing was suspended for one game durring the playoffs for leaving the bench durring a fight between the knicks and the miami heat. ewing didn't get involved in the fight, he merely left the bench. it's a long standing rule and every player knows it... nba, college or high school.

i do have to applaud both reggie miller and rasheed wallace, two guys who used to be some of the most controversial players in the entire league, for trying to be peace makers in this situation. reggie of course is hurt... so his one game suspension will be simple... he'll just come off the injured list one game early, serve the suspensions while still technicaly hurt.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:53 AM   #59
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
Big Ben deserved longer...his overreaction to the Artest foul precipitated the whole incident.
And whats important now is that many many Detroit Pissed-ons fans lose their season tix rights (if they were season tix holders) and are prosecuted and imprisoned for their actions...the video should help to identify the worst offenders, the 2 clowns who went on the floor and got decked respectively by Artest and O'Neal deserve to be punished, the idiot who started it by throwing the drink at Artest deserves jail time as do several others.
take away what happened after the original brawl and a 6 game suspension is about right, if even a little harsh.

but i have no issue with what ben wallace did... sure, he over-reacted. but anyone who's played competitive basketball knows that the one cardinal sin that you never do is hit a player from behind, without making a play on the ball, while that person is in mid-air. that is exactly what artest did to ben wallace, and can you really blame ben wallace, who never gets into fights and is known to be a great guy, for turning around after getting hit from behind while in mid-air and seeing that the guy who did it is the dirtiest player in the league... what do you do?

yes... ben wallace over-reacted. but his penalty fits his particular over-reaction. normally someone isn't suspended for 6 games without throwing a punch. i mean even as wacky as artest is... if you were ben would you really think that this wackado would storm into the stands?

onto other subjects... how about the pistons winning the game in double overtime with just 5 guys left on the team... everyone else suspended or fouled out... i mean Darko ahd to play... DARKO.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:54 AM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Darko actually scored too, makes him look vastly superior to Carmelo ANthony.

My point on Big Ben is that if Stern and co. want to send a message as they claim, make an example out of him too, I know normally his actions would warrant a 3-5 game suspension, but his attack on Artest set the wheels in motion, so try to prevent more brawls on the floor by suspending him 15 games or so and sending a message to the other thugs that not only is going into the stands unacceptable, but fighting with your opponent won't be tolerated either.