The Walking Dead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this thread was bumped up because you had some info on the next season :sad:

My 5 year old nephew watches it.. :reject:

I thought this thread was bumped up because you had some info on the next season :sad:

Oh hell, I wish. What a tease. It's not the most well-written show, like a few have said, but it's compelling fun.

My 5 year old nephew watches it.. :reject:

I found out that my niece and nephews have seen it and like it. I think that's a little disturbing, but their mom's boyfriend is a special effects/make-up artist that does gory stuff, so it was kind of inevitable. (...if you remember the obsessed nephew from the Halloween thread).

I do remember that! My nephew is pretty darn smart.. he knows its all fake and it doesnt seem to disturb him at all. (Maybe that fact is a little disturbing? lol)

Quick question for the fans (I like the show a lot btw):

Would anyone let 8-yr-old or 11.5-yr-old kids watch it?

with siblings it is always difficult.

I can see not letting an 8 year old watch it
and perhaps letting an 11.5 year old watch it.

I also, know that would unleash more mayhem in your household than anything depicted in the series.

I do like this show but because we're way behind you in Britain I've only seen the first season. I do not want to read too much of this thread in case I'll get spoilers of what happens next. The last thing that happened was that the guy whispers something to the man who let everyone into a scientific research centre and so they could be let out before it exploads.

I thought that parts of the series tended to be similar to George Romero's zombie films such as Dawn Of The Dead and Dat Of The Dead.

Does Dat of the Dead star former Dallas Cowboys middle linebacker Dat Nguyen?

It's kind of hard to make any kind of zombie show or movie without it being somehow similar to Romero's films...

Better to copy Romero's zombies than Ed Wood's from Plan 9.

plan9remake.jpg

yes, back tonight

not one of my all time favorites, but I do enjoy it

I would like to see a little better writing, perhaps something a long the lines of, oh I don't know, "Why did this happen?"

and I know it's too much to ask, but they could do some (more) flash backs with some of the characters, give us something on a few of them to make really care about them, that is something Lost did a very good job with, complex, conflicted characters

plan A works fine, exploding zombies,
but they could do a little more. :shrug:

not much of a season 2 opener
an hour and a half and nothing happens

if that kid ain't dead, then 90 minutes for nothing.

I thought it was good, not great. But that's fine because my expectations are low, and I'm watching it so I can shout at the TV.
"Don't go in there!"
"Why would you leave her?"
"Why doesn't anyone have a samurai sword?"

I'm probably not very fun to watch it with.

I thought it was OK/Good. Good in that it built up some suspense, OK in that it didn't really progress the story at all. So 90 minutes of wandering around and why are kids so stupid????

Commercials the last 30 mins or so was a bit rough too as it really dragged things on. Hoping next week and following weeks we can get a bit more of a story (and backstory) on what's going on instead of people just running around.

Yeah that last 30 minutes of almost entirely commercials was brutal. :crack:

(Special 90 minute episode. Right :rolleyes: )

Well the first 25 min there were no commercials lol.

Which was nice.

I did :rolleyes: a little when Shane was working the little Hyundai SUV and was talking about leaving, then the next commercial was for Hyundai.
Oh well, they do need to pay for the show somehow.

Just, I suppose a forewarning of sorts, in the comics that it's based on there has never, at least yet, been an explanation of what really happened to start it all, no government/military involvement etc and it's always just focused on the group dynamics and their multiple attempts at restarting their lives and the other groups they come in contact with.

That said they have veered from the comic's story a good bit with the disease research place in the last series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom