The Tim McCarver Memorial Post-Season MLB Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
carpenter is the best pitcher in the playoffs not named johan santana so if they can pitch him 3 times in a 7 game series one of the other starters (suppan im looking at you and your nice post ASB numbers) can pitch well in a series, i think st. louis can surprise some people.

granted im being optimistic but thats the fun in being a fan sometimes

Chien Ming Wang throws a 3-0 fastball on the inside half of the plate to Guillen who is taking all the way for strike 1....McCarver: "Thats a good 3-0 pitch, an inside strike, but you can't throw that pitch now on 3-1"...Wang throws exact same pitch on 3-1 for strike 2.

Numb1075 said:

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Buck Showalter was fired as manager of the Texas Rangers on Wednesday, ending four seasons in which he was never able to get a team with several young All-Stars above third place in the AL West.

The 50-year-old Showalter, whose contract was extended after the 2005 season, is still owed $5 million to $6 million by the Rangers. His overall record is 882-833 (.514 winning percentage), including four seasons with the New York Yankees (1992-95) and three in Arizona (1998-2000).

Both the Yankees and Diamondbacks won the World Series the season after Showalter's tenure ended. The Arizona championship in 2001 ended a dominating Yankees run of three titles in four years.

mlb_w_maine_412.jpg

just gimmie 5 good ones... pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

I bet (pun intended) you can get good odds on the Rangers for the 2007 WS right now.

And speaking of betting...damn should have acted faster. Yesterday the series line on the Mets/LA was Mets a 7.5-8.5 favorite, today its 5.5-6.5 for obvious reasons.

When the initial news of El Dookie leaving practice broke, could have plunked for example $500 on LA to win $750. Then today could have plunked $650 on the Mets to win $500 and had a no risk middle on the series.

Ok Headache and TheBrush - it's game time. get your war paint on. This has been a long time coming.

Let's Rock and Roll !!:rockon:

Given that the A's are going home now, I don't see anyway they lose that series even though they still are the Oakland A's.

one down, two to go.

i wouldn't count the twins out yet... they've played well enough to win both games, just haven't won. it's not like they've been getting blown out. it certainly doesn't look good, but the a's have been prone to chokes before, and the twins still have one more outting from santana.

that's the most random rain out in the history of baseball... the tarp was on the field and the game was delayed before the rain ever started, and then they took the tarp off the field because it stopped raining right before calling the game due to rain.

what the fuck?

i'm in new york... it rained for like 40 minutes the first time, like 20 the second... there is no reason what-so-ever why they couldn't get that game in.

I only had time to catch the bottom of the 8th and top of the 9th in the Dodgers/Mets game. Nice going :mad: What the hell were you swinging at Nomar :huh:

/random rant

Headache in a Suitcase said:
that's the most random rain out in the history of baseball... the tarp was on the field and the game was delayed before the rain ever started, and then they took the tarp off the field because it stopped raining right before calling the game due to rain.

what the fuck?

i'm in new york... it rained for like 40 minutes the first time, like 20 the second... there is no reason what-so-ever why they couldn't get that game in.

It certainly seemed like they couldn't make up their minds. Don't they look at the stupid radar?

There's the theory about not wanting Mussina to have to pitch an inning or 2 then sit for 45 minutes and try again. So because the Yanks were worried their pitcher might be rendered ineffective by a delay, the game was PPD due to clearing skies and a beautiful evening after 9PM.

Conspiracy theorists will have a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom