The Temple Bar: We'll give you christmas spirit...UYMFA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been studying the best albums thread. Wow I missed lots this year.

nsw What do you love the most so far ?
I've ordered the National CD. I'm due a trip to virgin to check out some more. I saw you have done some homework.

<not a prog rock fan

A friend of mine made me lemon bars :drool:

I ate too many :sick:

redkat said:
I've been studying the best albums thread. Wow I missed lots this year.

nsw What do you love the most so far ?
I've ordered the National CD. I'm due a trip to virgin to check out some more. I saw you have done some homework.

<not a prog rock fan

A friend of mine made me lemon bars :drool:

I ate too many :sick:

Here is the list I sent to IMP, and, Alcest is not prog, or I'd not be loving it:

#1 - Arcade Fire - Neon Bible
#2 - Alcest - Souvenirs d’un autre monde
#3 - The National - Boxer
#4 - Radiohead - In Rainbows
#5 - Okkervil River - Stage Names
#6 - Robert Plant & Alison Krauss—Raising Sand
#7 - Blonde Redhead - 23
#8 - LCD Soundsystem – Sound Of Silver
#9 - Bruce Springsteen - Magic
#10 - Bloc Party - A Weekend in the City
#11 - Iron and Wine—The Shepherd's Dog
#12 - Explosions In The Sky – All Of A Sudden I Miss Everyone
#13 - Eisley - Comibnations
#14 - Manic Street Preachers - Send away the Tigers
#15 - Stars – In Our Bedroom After The War

And Cease to Begin by Band of Horses was a ommission, it should be there.....Vedder's solo release I like a lot, too.

I don't listen to enough music to know 15 albums this year ... but I loved Magic, Neon Bible, and All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone.

Dive in. I bought some stuff I disliked, but it was worth it, since I found so much I loved.

Lemon Bars? Good thing Beav's gone be.....no seriously, why the fuck did you even mention lemon bars!?!? You know that drives Beav nuts!!!! Come on! FUCK.

I sorta like it when he goes nuts :cute:

ehmm what did you not like? I hate when I come home with cd's I don't like. I'm overthinking this

A friend gave me her password to consumer reports and now i'm checking out every purchase, it's time intensive

redkat said:
I sorta like it when he goes nuts :cute:

ehmm what did you not like? I hate when I come home with cd's I don't like. I'm overthinking this

A friend gave me her password to consumer reports and now i'm checking out every purchase, it's time intensive

Kat, that list is my Top 15, there's nothing on there I disliked.

I meant from the thread recommendations.

There are several on your list I'm gonna check out.

I saw the SPD thread :( Can't believe it's that time already. You're going I hope
/insanely jealous

I'm out for a bit :wave:

unico said:

yeah i definitely didn't listen to 15 new albums this year. i suck at music.

Well, that 2007 thread is a great source for new stufff, if you're wanting to hear some new stuff. This was my worst year for keeping up with new music, largely due to the move and the start-up....but I'm making amends these past few weeks.

Best Random Holiday Line:

On Christmas, my dad and his brothers and all the wives participated in a polyanna. It's very funny, and it's done in a Yankee Swap style. The gifts range from being really useful things to complete junk. This year, one of my uncles opens a box, and inside is a wrapped up, 3 month old fruitcake. One of my other uncles yells, "Tag! You're it!"

I'm pretty sure I listened to 15 new albums from 2007, but I didn't like all 15 of them, so making a list of that length would be a bit pointless.

I was just thrown up on just after midnight. Seems a bad sign...no?

Anyone optimistic about the coming year? Share your thoughts please...

*steps back and waits for wisdom to spew forth from the brilliant minds here

e.t.a
your response should start out "this year will kick so much ass because...."

Last edited:
No, I'm too busy for sharing :flirt:

Oh wait, I have some words. Keep a trash can, preferrably lined with a paper or plastic band, near said thrower-upper, just in case she/he decides to do it again :happy:

Sweet dreams...

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Getting puked on is a sign of coming prosperity....:yes:

That's true in many Asian cultures. It's a compliment to puke on your host - it means the food was good. Or something. Good Luck!

Kat - double phale forl Lemon Bars and Lack of SPD Coming To. :tsk:
<--- Let Down. :( Crushed like a bug in the ground. Let Down and Hanging Around. One day, I am going to grow wings....a chemical reaction.

Morning, peoples!

Edit:

:( Aww, you've all run away. Catch you later - I'm off to go see an early show of Sweeney Todd!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom