The Temple Bar: We'll give you christmas spirit...UYMFA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shifty: Normally I don't venture into OOC, but my Polish genes picked up someone badmouthing beets. :D

The traditional Polish Christmas Eve meal includes a pickled beet soup with mushroom dumplings. It's the best thing ever, and really one of the highlights of the Christmas season for me. Especially the way my grandma makes it. :drool:

That said, the only way I'll eat beets is if they're pickled.

Diemen said:
:shifty: Normally I don't venture into OOC, but my Polish genes picked up someone badmouthing beets. :D

The traditional Polish Christmas Eve meal includes a pickled beet soup with mushroom dumplings. It's the best thing ever, and really one of the highlights of the Christmas season for me. Especially the way my grandma makes it. :drool:

That said, the only way I'll eat beets is if they're pickled.

:drool: that sounds amazing. i LOVE beet soup!

Oh, I see. This is going to turn out to be some stupid inside joke thing and everyone's just going to go "oh fuck" and laugh about it but I'll never know.

I see how it is.

:angry:

In a fit of domesticity early in her marriage, my sister used to pickle beets she grew, and they were really good! She hasn't done it for a long time, though, and the store-bought ones are awful. :(

corianderstem said:
Oh, I see. This is going to turn out to be some stupid inside joke thing and everyone's just going to go "oh fuck" and laugh about it but I'll never know.

I see how it is.

Only I said oh fuck. Only one person laughed. You asked Snow, and if she wants to reply, she will.

VintagePunk said:
In a fit of domesticity early in her marriage, my sister used to pickle beets she grew, and they were really good! She hasn't done it for a long time, though, and the store-bought ones are awful. :(

VP. What would be a good beverage to wash down all these amazing deserts?

corianderstem said:

I see how it is.

it was in another temple bar thread...i don't remember which one though. and i hardly remember what brought it on.

If?

If someone doesn't want to talk about something, maybe broadcasting it in their signature for all the world to see isn't the best thing to do.

Hmph.

phillyfan26 said:

I'm alone and frustrated, then shirtless Dalton comes along riding a horse and attempts something evil and drastic, and I call for help from Beav using the Beav signal.

And then thousands of douche bags show up, bitching and moaning, and Dalton turns and says, "Ya'll are late, fellas. I got here first. Ain't that right pfan?" And then one of the douche bags will tell dalton to put on a fucking shirt, and then Dalton will go into the whole, "Be Nice" spiel from Roadhouse and then the melee and.....yeah. Great storyline, buddy.

So it's just a response to "don't touch me"? Because I KNOW it's been around longer than a thread from earlier this month.

But is that the gist of it?

corianderstem said:
So it's just a response to "don't touch me"? Because I KNOW it's been around longer than a thread from earlier this month.

But is that the gist of it?

That's it. Would you want Beav anywhere near you, let alone laying hands on you? No, you wouldn't.

corianderstem said:
If?

If someone doesn't want to talk about something, maybe broadcasting it in their signature for all the world to see isn't the best thing to do.

Hmph.

:lmao:

I'll broadcast all I want missy and you'll learn not to ask questions :madwife:

:wink: <---I don't know you well so I'll do the wink thing this once. after this you're on your own for interpretation :kiss:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
...okay, wow. I just read that, right. And Pfan being alone and frustrated, and then shirtless Dalton showing up... that just seems like a bad slashfic waiting to happen...

The Dalton/Pfan came about because I want to start an Interference Fiction thread, a la the Fan Fiction thread. Interference stories about Interlanders.

snowbunny00774 said:
:wink: <---I don't know you well so I'll do the wink thing this once. after this you're on your own for interpretation :kiss:

Ha! No, I read that first part loud and clear. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom