The Temple Bar: We'll give you christmas spirit...UYMFA!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys, I'm going to go play a video game. I never do this. But I wanna try March Madness 08.

My cooking skillz are seriously lacking as well. I'm so unmotivated to go to the store to get food, so I'm eating trail mix and mandarin oranges. Not bad, but I'm in the mood for something a little more substantial. Damn me and my laziness.

snowbunny00774 said:
the seeds are coriander, the leaves are cilantro, so same plant but not quite the same. you might like it.

Oh! Huh. With my limited cooking skillz, I haven't come across a recipe that requires it.

I'm from the midwest. We use a variety of maybe 3 spices. :wink:

I'm fairly good at cooking and baking. My favourite meals to make are chicken alfredo and shepherd's pie. I also make a mean batch of oatmeal cookies, and I have my own special recipe for white cake frosting.

...but I can't flip a fried egg :uhoh:

corianderstem said:

Oh! Huh. With my limited cooking skillz, I haven't come across a recipe that requires it.

I'm from the midwest. We use a variety of maybe 3 spices. :wink:

:lol: yes - 3 = variety!!

Maybe I should run an interference cooking class at a gathering :wink:

hardehar would probably like that!

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I'm fairly good at cooking and baking. My favourite meals to make are chicken alfredo and shepherd's pie. I also make a mean batch of oatmeal cookies, and I have my own special recipe for white cake frosting.

...but I can't flip a fried egg :uhoh:

oatmeal cookies are the best!

I hate cooking because for all that work, it takes 5 minutes to eat.

Also, I'm an instant gratification kind of girl, so when I'm hungry, I need food NOW. Not an hour later.

ME WANT FOOOOOOOD!

I was planning on making oatmeal cookies this weekend, but now I'm wondering if I should make a red velvet cake (with cream cheese frosting of course :wink: ) for new year's eve instead. Southern desserts :drool: brb, gonna get some pralines :wink:

corianderstem said:
I hate cooking because for all that work, it takes 5 minutes to eat.

Also, I'm an instant gratification kind of girl, so when I'm hungry, I need food NOW. Not an hour later.

ME WANT FOOOOOOOD!

Me too! :hi5:

I've never had red velvet cake, and I always mean to try it out.

Maybe I'll bake one on New Year's Eve as well. :hmm:

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I was planning on making oatmeal cookies this weekend, but now I'm wondering if I should make a red velvet cake (with cream cheese frosting of course :wink: ) for new year's eve instead. Southern desserts :drool: brb, gonna get some pralines :wink:

I've never had it. beets or colouring? if it's colouring I'd encourage you to mail some to me. beets you can keep!

I love english home selling shows. between tv and the kitchen I need to either marry a rich guy or get back into a suit STAT!

Last edited:
My grandma used to make pickled beets for Christmas and Thanksgiving dinners. I used to love them, too! No idea if I'd still be able to stomach them.

That's the only way I've ever had beets.

*puts on nerd hat* Red velvet cake is a type of chocolate cake. Originally it was red due to a natural reddish colouring in the cocoa used. Over time, this cocoa was phased out, and now red velvet cake is coloured red artificially, some people do use beets to do that :nerd:

Do they really? Wow, I had no idea.

Snowbunny, I keep meaning to ask: what's the "touches you" thing in your sig about?

beets in the cake. It does sound vile. In this case I'd be all about the artificial. beets are absolutely gross to me. I remember my nana serving them with salads and boiled eggs, the white bits of the egg would take on the red colouring. :vomit: :vomit: I just shuddered typing that, I was more traumatized than I thought lol!

Back
Top Bottom