The Temple Bar: We have Beavers, Mornings and FREEEEEDOM!! UYFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a question: Do they not have plays, shows, musicals in other cities than NY? Like if I went to Chicago to assassin....:uhoh: to eat a deep dish pizza, I could catch a show, right? I know they're not called Broadway shows, but still, they have them, right? Same as in Boston and Philly and Phoeniz or whatever? Does NYC just have more of them? I'm asking because I notice people say things like they want to see certain shows in NYC, and I don't understand why. What's the difference? Unless a celebrity is in it?

Speaking of which - Long Days Journey Into Night with Brian Dennehy, Vanessa Redgrave, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and the guy from Dead Poets Society was awesome. :drool:

Thank you.

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
There's been WAY too much of that lately, I agree.

Internetz drama :drool:

I'm sure there's some in LS, or try the journals. :shifty:

Well I've already left joerags with love and wisdom, hmmm...lets see what else I can find..

UberBeaver said:
Like if I went to Chicago to assassin....:uhoh: to eat a deep dish pizza, I could catch a show, right?

lol smoove

They do, it's just the cachet* of saying you saw it on Broadway/NY etc.

That was a a good show eh? I don't really like PSH....no idea why, he just irritates me...

*read poserness (which I've been prone to the odd time)

UberBeaver said:
I have a question: Do they not have plays, shows, musicals in other cities than NY? Like if I went to Chicago to assassin....:uhoh: to eat a deep dish pizza, I could catch a show, right? I know they're not called Broadway shows, but still, they have them, right? Same as in Boston and Philly and Phoeniz or whatever? Does NYC just have more of them? I'm asking because I notice people say things like they want to see certain shows in NYC, and I don't understand why. What's the difference? Unless a celebrity is in it?

Speaking of which - Long Days Journey Into Night with Brian Dennehy, Vanessa Redgrave, Phillip Seymour Hoffman and the guy from Dead Poets Society was awesome. :drool:

Thank you.

I saw Rent here in dingy little Detroit back in March. Other major cities get touring productions of Broadway shows quite frequently.

I think for most it's the allure of seeing a show on "Broadway". I've seen two shows in NYC and they were fantastic. And I'm pretty sure that the only major name I've seen perform was Michael McKean in Hairspray. I really regret that I didn't see Bebe Neuwirth when I saw Chicago. :nerd:

I saw Rent here in dingy little Detroit back in March. Other major cities get touring productions of Broadway shows quite frequently.

I think for most it's the allure of seeing a show on "Broadway". I've seen two shows in NYC and they were fantastic. And I'm pretty sure that the only major name I've seen perform was Michael McKean in Hairspray. I really regret that I didn't see Bebe Neuwirth when I saw Chicago. :nerd:

you need to say it with more cachet :wink:

like way more critical than that....

One of my teammates recently went to NYC and was thrilled by the number of shows they had on there. So I guess it's just the history that goes with Broadway and the famous folks that draws the regular folks.

I've never been much of a play person myself.

Oh, ok, so it's just a "name drop" type scenario. Got it.

PSH? You don't like him? He's awesome. Long Days...was brilliant, yes. I don't really like shows with all the singing and shit, but I like plays, and O'Neill is the shit. Also The Spelling Bee was funny, we took my mother for her birthday. That was cool.

Like Phantom and Les Mis and all that, I get bored. I have no idea what they're singing about, and there's just something about the singing that makes the whole thing seem like farce. Meh, just not my thing. And yes, I am fully aware that my first concert was Poison/Warrant and the highlight was a laser that made naked women all over the Coliseum.

Snow in joerags's journal :drool:

lol, nice.

Joerags is kinda becoming a hero of mine. If nothing else, he's dedicatedto his cause. I think all men go through a slight mysoginistic (sp) phase. Usually around 16-21 when they get the first heartbreak, but maybe joe's been lucky and hasn't had a heartbreak yet, so he's making up for all that lost time? Could be, right?

UberBeaver said:
Hey, VP - did you ever get the Pixies? What did you think?

Yeah, got it, and then attempted to listen, but then someone else took over the computer, and I went off to do other things, so it was background music, I wasn't able to really listen.

I suppose there have been many times since where I could have, I just never think about it. :huh:

We have Stratford near here, and it's awesome...I've never seen a bad production there. Not too much into the musicals either. I really want to get to Niagara on the Lake this year and see what the Shaw has to offer :drool:

PSH annoyed me once in something and I know he's a good actor etc. etc. but that stayed with me. I'll get over it I'm sure.

Twister maybe Snow? That's where I first saw him. :giggle:

The local theatre company put on a great production but I didn't go, and now everyone is telling me I should've. Cabaret, that's what it was.

snowbunny00774 said:

Well I've already left joerags with love and wisdom, hmmm...lets see what else I can find..

I saw his journal last night, and it was calling your name :happy:
I almost posted here, but figured there was no need to :love:

Please :pray: that I win the lotto tonight or tomorrow (playing both nights) :fingerscrossed: I'll share!

I'm seeing Wicked in 2 weeks out here in Chicago. Plenty of theater out here, but, as was originally posted, there is just something special about seeing shows on Broadway.

Joerags. Welcome aboard.

stumbled across U2 live in Milan on AOL (highlights). I can at least listen while I work :happy:

http://music.aol.com/videos/live-concerts/u2

Thanks Beav. You'll be first on the list of sharing :hi5:

ETA: I noticed we are getting a Panera. Is this a good thing? :hyper:

new restaurants in town should hopefully be a good thing :hmm:

ETA2: Great, I show up and you guys leave. Fine :grumpy:

Last edited:
I have a Panera within walking distance of my office, and I've never been. When you win the lottery you fly out here and buy us some of whatever they have @ Panera. I'm assuming bread. Beyond that, I dunno.

UberBeaver said:
I have a Panera within walking distance of my office, and I've never been. When you win the lottery you fly out here and buy us some of whatever they have @ Panera. I'm assuming bread. Beyond that, I dunno.

Perhaps. Or I can fly you out here :hmm:

Can't wait to try it :hyper:

Just watched AIWIY from Milan. The one where he pulls up a girl whose pants are falling off. Followed by COBL :drool:

UberBeaver said:

That works just as well. What partof CA are you in? Near LA or SF or SD or somewhere in between?

uhm no...you have a child to look after...I'll send you a postcard and you can check where the postmark is from k, deal? k???

I'm in S.Calif. If that helps.

We like babies, long as we aren't babysitting. Cute to look at & play with ya know. And we have Otto, the cat. Snow has an open invitation to our couch (sans remotes). And we have quite a selection of 1000 pc. jigsaw puzzles. If I win enough, I could fly you both out. Hotel room, transportation, meals not included :happy:

ETA: Reggie, did you lose a 'T' :sexywink:

<<<loves soup! Hubby makes many a good one
Listening/watching Foo Fighters in Hyde Park. Gotta get up to date for when they open for The Police

Back
Top Bottom