The Temple Bar ~ Tom Petty (hell yeah!) at the Superbowl UYMFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BonoManiac said:

Your posting style seems familiar. :hmm: I can't quite figure it out though.

idea.gif
perhaps it is similar to other snowbunny00774 posts?

corianderstem said:

Is that a smiley with fire coming out of your butt?

Edit: Ha! On second look, I see it's a lightbulb. Never mind.

if you hadn't corrected I was going to call seattle 911. or an eye Dr.!! someone get this girl to a karaoke place stat.

RavenBlue said:
I'm not used to championship wins.. well, ever :wink:

Being an Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, Flyers, Villanova, Penn State, Temple, St. Joe's, Penn, LaSalle, and Drexel fan, neither am I. :hi5:

BoMac, do you remember the 1987 Canada Cup? Do not know why that popped into my head, but, I recall it and it was fucking amazing.

ETA - There's no way that you do NOT recall this, I realize...stupid question....but, still....I think it was likely 3 of the most amazing hockey games I've ever seen.

It does not suck when you can trot out a line with Messier, Gretzky and Lemieux. :)

Last edited:
snowbunny00774 said:

agreed. I have tried to take lessons in domination form this woman and failed miserably. she is unrivaled :bow:

YOU=strongest woman I know :yes:

thanks beav :eek: I love being compared to Ancient greeks! I've got a come up with a new land to conquer! :hyper:

Rick did you really have that much on the game? :ohmy:

No spoken words said:
BoMac, do you remember the 1987 Canada Cup? Do not know why that popped into my head, but, I recall it and it was fucking amazing.

ETA - There's no way that you do NOT recall this, I realize...stupid question....but, still....I think it was likely 3 of the most amazing hockey games I've ever seen.

It does not suck when you can trot out a line with Messier, Gretzky and Lemieux. :)

My earliest hockey memory was watching the Islanders win their third Cup in 1982. I was 4.

So yes, I do recall the 1987 Canada Cup. When you get that amount of talent on both sides you're bound to have amazing games. The Lemieux goal to clinch the series is possibly one of the greatest moments in Canadian hockey history. It really was the moment when Mario arrived as a bona-fide superstar.

I remember staring at the screen in utter disbelief. It's too bad hockey like that only comes around every four years, if at all.

BonoManiac said:

My earliest hockey memory was watching the Islanders win their third Cup in 1982. I was 4.

So yes, I do recall the 1987 Canada Cup. When you get that amount of talent on both sides you're bound to have amazing games. The Lemieux goal to clinch the series is possibly one of the greatest moments in Canadian hockey history. It really was the moment when Mario arrived as a bona-fide superstar.

I remember staring at the screen in utter disbelief. It's too bad hockey like that only comes around every four years, if at all.

Every 4 years you get great stuff, but not at this level. Also, with the NHL being so international, which is a good thing, the familiarity is increased 10-fold.

With the dissolving of the Soviet Union, you no longer have quite the same Russian National Team. Look at their 1987 roster:

Igor Larionov, Sergei Makarov, Vladimir Krutov, Alexei Kasatonov, Alexei Gusarov, Vitali Samoilov, Viacheslav Fetisov, Igor Stelnov, Igor Kravchuck, Vasili Pervukhin, Anatoli Fedotov, Andrei Khomotov, Vyacheslav Bykov, Valery Kamensky, Sergei Svetlov, Anatoli Semenov, Alexander Semak, Sergei Priakin, Yuri Khmylev, Sergei Nemchinov, Andrei Lomakin, Sergei Mylnikov, Yevgeny Belosheikin.

Maybe not great goaltending, but the KLM line alone was pretty awesome.

I was 16 when that series went down, and even though I'd been an Islander fan for a long time at that point, this really gave me an appreciation for just how amazing of a sport hockey is. This likely explains why I fight with my boss about getting more college hockey on our air. :)

I'd love to get this on DVD, the more I think on it.

No doubt about it, the Russians had a great team back then. It's unfortunate that they're not able to churn out as many amazing players as they did back then. That being said, Ovechkin is amazing and may one day reach the level of a Larionov or Fetisov. A tall order to be sure, but if anyone can do it, he can.

I'm not sure if there's a DVD of it yet, but a book came out last year that got decent reviews. I can't remember what was the title was. :scratch:

Back
Top Bottom