The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA - Page 56 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 12-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #826
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
How can someone not like Egg Nog? WTF is wrong with you people?
I don't know if I've ever had egg nog, now that I think about it.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #827
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Spectacular song.

The POPMart Please is my favorite U2 song ever, though.
Great song!!!! That song gets knocked as a 'SBS' ripoff...it's just a 90's take on the same theme, though Larry did throw in the drum fills from SBS at the end...but it kicks some serious ass, off an album which I find hard to listen to anymore...

Have you ever seen the official video to that song......strange, but cool at the same time...
__________________

__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:42 PM   #828
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Spectacular song.

The POPMart Please is my favorite U2 song ever, though.
From Rotterdam or Mexico City? I prefer Rotterdam, but either way, yes, it's a great song.....the Please transition into Streets is fairly amazing.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:43 PM   #829
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
How can someone not like Egg Nog? WTF is wrong with you people?
I didn't. But I'm lactose intolerant to a degree. This year elfa (or Liz?) told me about a vegetarian nog so I'm gonna try it.

Sucks ya'll are working. It's kinda nice to get paid not to come in without using any of my leave
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #830
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


I don't know if I've ever had egg nog, now that I think about it.
Nor have I.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #831
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico


we'll be there to crash one of your college parties. just you wait!
A bunch of 30 - 40 y.o.s at one of PF's parties...his friends will be like "Hey PF, what are you parents doing here with your aunts and uncles?"...FTW?!?!?!
__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #832
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico

Sucks ya'll are working. It's kinda nice to get paid not to come in without using any of my leave
STFU.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #833
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog


A bunch of 30 - 40 y.o.s at one of PF's parties...his friends will be like "Hey PF, what are you parents doing here with your aunts and uncles?"...FTW?!?!?!
It would be one of those, "They are more scared of you than you are of them," moments.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #834
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
From Rotterdam or Mexico City? I prefer Rotterdam, but either way, yes, it's a great song.....the Please transition into Streets is fairly amazing.
Of those two, I prefer Mexico City because the solo's longer, but overall, Santiago and Buenos Aires are my two favorite.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:45 PM   #835
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog


Great song!!!! That song gets knocked as a 'SBS' ripoff...it's just a 90's take on the same theme, though Larry did throw in the drum fills from SBS at the end...but it kicks some serious ass, off an album which I find hard to listen to anymore...

Have you ever seen the official video to that song......strange, but cool at the same time...
that video is really touching. i was moved when bono actually cried. and then they said in the director's cut that that was real, so they kept it. just...wow.
__________________
unico is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #836
Breakdancing Soul Pilgrim
 
UberBeaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: the most serious...douch hammer ever
Posts: 20,318
Local Time: 06:13 PM
I wonder if the feeling I get when you guys go on about U2 is the same as the feeling you all get when I go off on wormholes and shit. The difference being I talk to myself about something I don't really understand, while you talk to each other about something I don't really understand. It's a conspiracy.



Quote:
Originally posted by unico


bono actually cried. and then they said in the director's cut that that was real, so they kept it. just...wow.
lol. Sorry, but lol.
__________________
UberBeaver is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #837
Blue Crack Addict
 
Reggie Thee Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be...
Posts: 17,934
Local Time: 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver


It would be one of those, "They are more scared of you than you are of them," moments.
Dude, it could go either way...depends on how you enter the room...

If you go in behind PF, then your fucked...if you kick the door open and scream "Jager body shots off of Mia"...then we could rock the house all night!!!
__________________
Reggie Thee Dog is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #838
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Reggie Thee Dog
Great song!!!! That song gets knocked as a 'SBS' ripoff...it's just a 90's take on the same theme, though Larry did throw in the drum fills from SBS at the end...but it kicks some serious ass, off an album which I find hard to listen to anymore...

Have you ever seen the official video to that song......strange, but cool at the same time...
I actually liked the SBS drums. They kicked ass and were a nice throwback. They made much more sense there than the album version drumming.

I hate the Pop album, and love the songs as they were performed live. I think SATS, WUDM, and DYFL were better on the album, and that's it. Everything else needs to be replaced by the live counterpart, then you get a kickass album.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #839
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 03:13 PM
When you talk, Mike, I feel like poking my eyes out with a spork. Is that how U2 talk makes you feel?
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 12-24-2007, 12:47 PM   #840
Blue Crack Addict
 
unico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Rage Ave.
Posts: 18,747
Local Time: 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by UberBeaver
I wonder if the feeling I get when you guys go on about U2 is the same as the feeling you all get when I go off on wormholes and shit. The difference being I talk to myself about something I don't really understand, while you talk to each other about something I don't really understand. It's a conspiracy.
Finder -> Applications -> iTunes -> Music Store
__________________

__________________
unico is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com