The Temple Bar - This is how you start a thread, bitches - UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
An interference Xmas:

Santa sitting at his big old desk
About to start an interference quest
Figuring out who's naughty or nice
Well Santa Claus listen to my advice

Uberbeaver's man breasts might sag
And, yes, he is a big douche bag
But please get him a gift, no need for a card
Just reunite Led Zeppelin in his backyard

Now Unico knows nothing about pizza
But if you like Carbon Leaf she'll be glad to meet ya
Choosing her gift's been easy from the start
She likes stuff decorated with unicorns and hearts

Now PFan is local MC
Who does not play rap, unbelievably
Now what would make this kid automatically grin
Let a Philly area team finally fucking win

Our next person is named Snowbunny
She tries and tries but is so rarely funny
Now what to her can we bequeath
How about a lifetime supply of Keith's?

Reggie thee Dogg likes to hang around
When he posts typos abound
What sort of gift would make Reggie react?
Get his son a major league contract

Who's up next? It's Vintage Punk
Sarcastic girl, talks a lot of junk
But what gift would make her sing?
Watching a Jays game with Stephen King

Brightest Star is the PM Queen
and like Reggie, she's a typo machine
So what does a witty girl get?
A free round trip ticket to Tibet

Lila64 is a West Coast gal
Maddie is her daughter, and her pal
Sorry Lila, no gifts for you
Why, you ask? You're a freaking Jew!

Redkat pops in sporadically
She's a busy lady, can't you see
What's she doing? None of yo' bizness
Now get that girl a case of Guinness

I think that's enough peeps for the night
So get started Santa, no oversights
I think I'll state my last Holiday wishes
Have a very UYMFA X-Mas

I tried a different song writing approach and just wrote a half decent song. I listened to an instrumental and wrote words to the emotion of the music. I think it actually worked.

phillyfan26 said:
I tried a different song writing approach and just wrote a half decent song. I listened to an instrumental and wrote words to the emotion of the music. I think it actually worked.

thats how i'm doin with a song i'm working on. i haven't touched it in weeks though. it may never finish.

No spoken words said:
My approach is to type fast and make things rhyme. It's not a good approach (see above).

I do this as well. I always write to rhyme. I feel like it's best to go for it the first time.

unico said:
thats how i'm doin with a song i'm working on. i haven't touched it in weeks though. it may never finish.

I've written over 150 songs, and I've never done it before, so it's interesting. The song I wrote is called "Rubble" and it's from me listening to "The Birth and Death of a Day" by Explosions in the Sky.

phillyfan26 said:

I do this as well. I always write to rhyme. I feel like it's best to go for it the first time.

I've written over 150 songs, and I've never done it before, so it's interesting. The song I wrote is called "Rubble" and it's from me listening to "The Birth and Death of a Day" by Explosions in the Sky.

I write a lot of bad poems, PFan. A lot of them. Sometimes I post then in this thread.

When I say 150, it's certainly not complete. I'd say half are probably worthless. When I was 15 I spent a month just writing songs, and since then I've sporadically written some more. There are some good ones in there, I like to think.

I don't think I've ever shared the lyrics with anyone. If I ever get involved in a band, I'd certainly pick some to work with.

Well, yours seem to be of the comedy variety. I find it much easier to do that. I do a lot of those for school. I did a song for my history class about WWI to the tune of "Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros" that was quite funny.

Most of what I does is serious and personal, though. Hence, no one's read them.

phillyfan26 said:
Well, yours seem to be of the comedy variety. I find it much easier to do that. I do a lot of those for school. I did a song for my history class about WWI to the tune of "Hiphopopotamus vs. Rhymenoceros" that was quite funny.

Most of what I does is serious and personal, though. Hence, no one's read them.

I'm just fucking with you.

I've been writing poems, stories, etc, of the serious variety, since I was 10 or so.....right up until now....very very few people have seen any of my actual serious stuff, for myriad reasons. I write poorly, at least, I write poorly when I'm being creative...but, it's cathartic and I enjoy the process, so I'll always do it.

No spoken words said:

I write a lot of bad poems, PFan. A lot of them. Sometimes I post then in this thread.

sometimes? you mean there are more?

this movie is great. it merits a second watching.

how the hell do you misplace a melonballer?:mad:

and chocolate cleanup is no fun by yourself : pout:

Last edited:
No spoken words said:
I'm just fucking with you.

I've been writing poems, stories, etc, of the serious variety, since I was 10 or so.....right up until now....very very few people have seen any of my actual serious stuff, for myriad reasons. I write poorly, at least, I write poorly when I'm being creative...but, it's cathartic and I enjoy the process, so I'll always do it.

I figured so. I think anyone who can do rhymes with comedy can do rhymes with seriousness. If you can rhyme that quickly, you've got some natural talent. All you gotta do then is really channel emotion.

I don't know if it's cathartic for me. I don't feel better about problems just because I've written about them, which is why I don't keep private journals or anything. Even when I was young, my parents would say that if I was mad, I should "go punch a pillow" or something. But that never worked. I like to openly argue things out. I like to let everyone know how I feel and why. So, my songwriting has never really been about trying to make myself feel better about something. It's been more like trying to poetically describe my feelings, sometimes in hopes that it can give me clearer view of how to express something better in words. But usually I don't think about it like that. I don't know if it's ever really helped me at all. I don't really think about songwriting in terms of value to me. It's something I do in hopes that one day I can play them publicly and release them. They're only private now because I want the versions people see to be the best they can be. None of my songs have music for them, and I want to make sure the music fits the tone. It's like one big work in progress that I don't know will ever get done.

phillyfan26 said:

I figured so. I think anyone who can do rhymes with comedy can do rhymes with seriousness. If you can rhyme that quickly, you've got some natural talent. All you gotta do then is really channel emotion.

I don't know if it's cathartic for me. I don't feel better about problems just because I've written about them, which is why I don't keep private journals or anything. Even when I was young, my parents would say that if I was mad, I should "go punch a pillow" or something. But that never worked. I like to openly argue things out. I like to let everyone know how I feel and why. So, my songwriting has never really been about trying to make myself feel better about something. It's been more like trying to poetically describe my feelings, sometimes in hopes that it can give me clearer view of how to express something better in words. But usually I don't think about it like that. I don't know if it's ever really helped me at all. I don't really think about songwriting in terms of value to me. It's something I do in hopes that one day I can play them publicly and release them. They're only private now because I want the versions people see to be the best they can be. None of my songs have music for them, and I want to make sure the music fits the tone. It's like one big work in progress that I don't know will ever get done.

you seem like the kind of kid who can do anything they want. eventually if you want them known you'll find a way.

I've been trying to start or join a band for a while. It just hasn't worked out. People are busy as hell during junior year.

Back
Top Bottom