The Temple Bar: Stuff and All That UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
snowbunny00774 said:

Maybe you need to spend some time with real Irish people who despise green beer, shamrocks and all that shit. Do you know how hard it is for an Irish immigrant on that day? There is a reason a lot of us drink so much that day, and yes it's a crutch but an effective one against remembering the family, friends, beloved grandparents, fields and streets of our childhood, that fashioned us with the desire to be better, but no matter how better we create for ourselves it will never match the better our forefathers made for themselves when they were driven out in coffin ships and hung on for their very lives in order to provide for their dwindling families and manage to contribute towards creating the America you live in today. If the least that America can do is dye their beer fucking green that's their problem not ours. We're busy trying to forget all that we love.

so is it tacky if I make my dad a birthday card instead of buying one? I have that stupid stamper kit I've never used and I should probably use it sometime.....

i hate green american shit beer. does that make me irish and grant me citizenship? :hopeful:

i LOVE making cards! i usually do that for my friends though. they appreciate the effort. my parents hate art and creativity.

snowbunny00774 said:
Maybe you need to spend some time with real Irish people who despise green beer, shamrocks and all that shit. Do you know how hard it is for an Irish immigrant on that day? There is a reason a lot of us drink so much that day, and yes it's a crutch but an effective one against remembering the family, friends, beloved grandparents, fields and streets of our childhood, that fashioned us with the desire to be better, but no matter how better we create for ourselves it will never match the better our forefathers made for themselves when they were driven out in coffin ships and hung on for their very lives in order to provide for their dwindling families and manage to contribute towards creating the America you live in today. If the least that America can do is dye their beer fucking green that's their problem not ours. We're busy trying to forget all that we love.

That's the part of St. Patty's Day I love: being able to remember my ancestors that boated their way over here to start the new life here. I spent my first ten St. Patty's Days with my great aunt, who is as Irish as they come. I thoroughly enjoyed her company.

I have a bit of an issue with all of the people who dress up that day for reasons that are shallow and don't fit in with what the true spirit of the day is. That's all I'm saying.

unico said:

i hate green american shit beer. does that make me irish and grant me citizenship? :hopeful:

i LOVE making cards! i usually do that for my friends though. they appreciate the effort. my parents hate art and creativity.

I already throught you were going to get citizenship cause of the marriage?

Making cards = awesome. :up:

i heard that ireland doesn't recognize civil unions and gay marriages. now...i'm not sure if that means they don't do them themselves or if that means that they won't recognize marriages/unions from abroad.

i had already started packing :(

Doozer61 said:
gotta go to the netherlands

but i'm trying to move to ireland. see, as much as i love snow...i just can't be tied down ya know what i'm sayin?? we're just having a quick marriage so i can get my green card and she can peace out and go back to being awesome and having canada worship her awesomeness.

UberBeaver said:
Doozer. Pfft. :tsk: :angry:

One day I'm going to meet Doozer and I'm going to have no idea how to react.

I just saw this and you had your chance to meet me but you blew it off like something that happens everyday like coffee or something. I am so over you. :|

unico said:
nooooooo ireland! that is the goal. it beckons me....despite the strict immigration laws it really DOES want me back there! i feel it in my heart.

Get Bono to help you out. That guy can do anything.

Doozer61 said:

I just saw this and you had your chance to meet me but you blew it off like something that happens everyday like coffee or something. I am so over you. :|

It wasn't like that at all! :sigh: You're going to be back here in March, right? I'll be there fo' sho'.

phillyfan26 said:

That's the part of St. Patty's Day I love: being able to remember my ancestors that boated their way over here to start the new life here. I spent my first ten St. Patty's Days with my great aunt, who is as Irish as they come. I thoroughly enjoyed her company.

I have a bit of an issue with all of the people who dress up that day for reasons that are shallow and don't fit in with what the true spirit of the day is. That's all I'm saying.

I'm glad you had that experience.

Don't paint everyone with the same brush. some of us have reasons for wearing tiaras ;)

Doozer - no need for the netherlands, gay marriage is perfectly legal in canada :heart:

mia, I love you and all but blatant usingness means you gotta go. /marriage

k, i'm out.

looking.gif

I don't trust that smiley. Not for a second. I've got my eye on you. And the monkey pox.

Back
Top Bottom