The Temple Bar: Serving The Mentally Challenged For The Past 3 Years UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
food network is enjoyable to watch however I friggin get annoyed by a couple of people namely Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay I truly would love to *bitch slap them both at the same time*.:grumpy:

i like watching Ace of Cakes, Ellie Krieger, Guy Fieri, Ingrid Hoffman, Paula Deen (however after one show that voice grates and I have to change the channel), and Sandra Lee.

food network is enjoyable to watch however I friggin get annoyed by a couple of people namely Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay I truly would love to *bitch slap them both at the same time*.:grumpy:

i like watching Ace of Cakes, Ellie Krieger, Guy Fieri, Ingrid Hoffman, Paula Deen (however after one show that voice grates and I have to change the channel), and Sandra Lee.

I'll help with Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay if you want... If she says "Yum-Oh" one more god-damn time... :angry:

Paula Deen ftw! I love how everything she makes involves at least a cup of butter...

Cookies? Add 3 pounds of butter...
Steak? How about a scoop of butter...
Salad? Add more butter...
Cereal?

There was an awesome episode of Bob Blumer's Glutton for Punishment a while back, where he went to Dublin and had to live on nothing but Guinness for a week, while being tempted with food made by friends, and in restaurants. He made it. There were parts of it where he was kind of a mess, though.

:wave: Elfa

Gawd VP, doesn’t surprise me! Thou Guinness is supposed to be a healthy drink, and it’s in Irish Stew, or something like that. But to live on just it, would take your body to go through rough moment to get used to it. I once saw a programme were the girl has, for years, yes, FOR YEARS ONLY ATE CHOCOLATE! Brekkie, lunch, dinner, that’s all. Now she looked healthy weight too. Sometimes its surprising what a body can cope with. But still. Jaysus :tsk:

Never heard of the two you two have mentioned, but with Jamie, we watch Jamie at Home, like ya said Elfa, I enjoy it! :D I love his big organic garden and his kitchen is one to die for!
He does get slayed for the weight he has put on but I really think its down to he eats very healthily, and a LOT of it. That’s all. Now we have tried couple of suggestions and they really do taste good!

Nigella, yes VP, licks a lot, men have found her very sensual because of it. But she is quick and makes a lot of sweet things.
And her weight, its possible she may have gotten down/depressed a bit because her husband died all that time ago, she loved him very much. :yes:

Anyhow, you guys ever seen Floyd? He makes me laugh! He is just about sober at beginning of cooking and by end is nearly falling INTO the food he has on display.

:lol:

HGTV! Food Network! I caught the end of an Ace Of Cakes last night where they made a phone booth for Get Smart / charity event. Duff & the gang are amazing!!!

Good morning :|

Hi mad1! My daughter's name is Maddy, and she posts on the forum, though she hasn't done so for a while. Hubby posts on the forum occasionally as well.

Gawd VP, doesn’t surprise me! Thou Guinness is supposed to be a healthy drink, and it’s in Irish Stew, or something like that. But to live on just it, would take your body to go through rough moment to get used to it. I once saw a programme were the girl has, for years, yes, FOR YEARS ONLY ATE CHOCOLATE! Brekkie, lunch, dinner, that’s all. Now she looked healthy weight too. Sometimes its surprising what a body can cope with. But still. Jaysus :tsk:

Never heard of the two you two have mentioned, but with Jamie, we watch Jamie at Home, like ya said Elfa, I enjoy it! :D I love his big organic garden and his kitchen is one to die for!
He does get slayed for the weight he has put on but I really think its down to he eats very healthily, and a LOT of it. That’s all. Now we have tried couple of suggestions and they really do taste good!

Nigella, yes VP, licks a lot, men have found her very sensual because of it. But she is quick and makes a lot of sweet things.
And her weight, its possible she may have gotten down/depressed a bit because her husband died all that time ago, she loved him very much. :yes:

Anyhow, you guys ever seen Floyd? He makes me laugh! He is just about sober at beginning of cooking and by end is nearly falling INTO the food he has on display.

:lol:

With the Guinness thing, he was examined by a doctor before and after, and was told it wouldn't be good for him, that he was risking dehydration, among other things. But the doctor took his vitals before and after, and they were the same. :up:

With Jamie Oliver, I don't know, he just kind of squicks me out now. Remember that show he used to do when he was single/very newly married? Supposedly at his home, as well? He was so young and enthusiastic on it, and I really liked him then. I recently saw that competition show he had where the chefs compete for a management spot at a restaurant his foundation bought for them, and he just seemed...I dunno. Jaded? More like a media mogul than a fresh, enthusiastic kid who loved cooking food, you know?

I adore Nigella, regardless of what size she is. I think she's gorgeous. I think it just goes to show that if one were to eat all the crap they make on cooking shows on a daily basis, it wouldn't be long before Richard Simmons was paying you a visit...

Never seen Floyd, but he sounds hilarious!

Morning, Lila. Not a good day so far?

:wave: We made a potato salad recipe he did one episode with olive oil, lemon juice and capers... it was really, really good :drool:

ah VP love, I cannot remember, we must be going back early noughties.

but yes, oh WAIT, programme, for his wife's birthday he got her a car?

oh no, oh wait. no that was about his restaurant and finding people to work in it.

erm. shoot! :doh::wink:

Do you cook a lot yourself Elfa? If you do, would you rather read recipe from book? Or have DVD or cooking channel taped and just follow from screen?

I used to bake when I was a teenager, there was a wicked recipe with Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (cereal:D) and you could make these big thick chewy cookies from them, with honey, etc. my gawd they were AWESOME!

you would like my Hot Pepper Soup!
come on over for some this weekend :up:

mornin Lila and WTF is LemonMcPhisto on about!

LOL!

You = Future Maddy (Lila's daughter). In the time travel process you have lost some memory and landed a few thousand miles off course. But you have been sent back from the future to warn us of something, but our primitive minds cannot understand what. In a nutshell...

Do you cook a lot yourself Elfa? If you do, would you rather read recipe from book? Or have DVD or cooking channel taped and just follow from screen?

I used to bake when I was a teenager, there was a wicked recipe with Crunchy Nut Cornflakes (cereal:D) and you could make these big thick chewy cookies from them, with honey, etc. my gawd they were AWESOME!

you would like my Hot Pepper Soup!
come on over for some this weekend :up:

my wife does the cooking, I do the eating and the dishes... She's more of a recipe out of a book approach or off the internet...

Hot Pepper Soup eh? Just make sure there are no animals involved and I'm there...

ah VP love, I cannot remember, we must be going back early noughties.

but yes, oh WAIT, programme, for his wife's birthday he got her a car?

oh no, oh wait. no that was about his restaurant and finding people to work in it.

erm. shoot! :doh::wink:

The first program, he was single, living in the city, and it would show him skateboarding a lot, and going to local shops and vendors to pick up food.

I just Wikipedia'd it, and it's called The Naked Chef (how could I forget that name??) and it was on from '99 to '01.

I love Food Network! :drool: I generally only watch it on the weekends, though.

Nigella had an awesome recipe a while back for Adult Hot Chocolate. :drool: Her recipe only called for like 2 tsp of rum, so I had to modify it of course, and add a lot more than that. :wink:

of COURSE no animals, you animal-lover :hug:

no mate, my soup is the bee's sh*t!

really gorgeous!

:up:

this weather makes you want to eat potato, and lots of it. as WE do ;)

The Naked Chef, I do not remember it! I mean, I prob saw it but never had interest.

:)

he has new show on now, Ministry of Food, teaching people how to cook better for themselves.

of COURSE no animals, you animal-lover :hug:

no mate, my soup is the bee's sh*t!

really gorgeous!

:up:

this weather makes you want to eat potato, and lots of it. as WE do ;)

The Naked Chef, I do not remember it! I mean, I prob saw it but never had interest.

:)

he has new show on now, Ministry of Food, teaching people how to cook better for themselves.

It was his first show, and he was so cute in it. His enthusiasm was contagious. If it ever re-airs, check it out!

Never heard of his new show, it must not be on here yet.

It's cool here today, only a high of 14 forecasted. :( Definitely comfort food weather...

I'll help with Rachel Ray and Bobby Flay if you want... If she says "Yum-Oh" one more god-damn time... :angry:

Paula Deen ftw! I love how everything she makes involves at least a cup of butter...

Cookies? Add 3 pounds of butter...
Steak? How about a scoop of butter...
Salad? Add more butter...
Cereal?

YEAH i love her.. and her cute southern accent.. and FTW for those added ingredients.. yeah she's truly southern with all that.. That's how you can tell if the chef is really from the south: everything is basically fried and loaded with butter... :D :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom