The Temple Bar: Put On Your Business Socks Cause It's Time For Business, Oh Yeah

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I wonder if Kat got her lemon bar and what the damage was last night in CA :hmm:

I did get a lemon bar, it wasn't that great, from Coffeebean. I'm going all out now in search of the best! I'll bring some to share if I ever make it to NY :(

I had the best dinner date tonight :love:

My house is momentarily clean :up:

I've got to get up so freakin early, straight to class and dont' get out till 9 after that so :yawn: I should sleep now probably

Hi fah :wave: have you been gone a while?

I love swimming too...I sometimes wish we had an in-ground pool

~dreaming huge again~

On a more realistic note, one of the local movie theatres has toonie movies this week: Shrek3 and Nancy Drew :hmm:

Time to go and do the mini fah/Mom stuff :wave:

redkat said:

I did get a lemon bar, it wasn't that great, from Coffeebean. I'm going all out now in search of the best! I'll bring some to share if I ever make it to NY :(

I had the best dinner date tonight :love:

My house is momentarily clean :up:

I've got to get up so freakin early, straight to class and dont' get out till 9 after that so :yawn: I should sleep now probably

Hi fah :wave: have you been gone a while?

I've been around but just so busy with work/mini fahs that I haven't had the time for any of my 'quality' posts :giggle: But luckily I am on holidays til September 2nd :up;

And speaking of lemon...my local Cobs Breads has stated making lemon tarts :drool: Last week Mr fah and I ate a package of 6 - the mini fahs didn't even get close to them :D

Really have to go but I'll back :wave:

fah - in-ground pools are far more work than you think, and can be a pain despite all the benefits... The house that we moved to when I was 7 - the house my parents still live in - had a pool and for years my parents kept it going, replaced the liner and everything else.. For the last five years they've been talking about filling it in, given that my sister and I are both moved out and Mom and Dad don't use it much - when I was home for Easter I was told to get a good look at the pool, because it would be gone the next time I was there :lol:

Reasons not to have an in-ground pool:

1)Opening it in late spring and closing it at the end of summer is a pain in the ass and somewhat time consuming - you have to empty (or fill) the water bags that hold down the winter cover, replace the water that may have evaporated from the pool over the fall and winter. vacuum and scoop out the pool (leaves, branches, etc), get the chemicals up to regular levels, etc.

2)Maintenance through the summer - chlorine and shock, testing the water to keep the chemical level where it's supposed to be, vacuuming, keeping an eye on the heater if you have one

3)Frogs find your pool (even with a solar blanket or some other cover on it). Squirrels find your pool. Birds find your pool. The neighbours' dog/cat/children want to get into your pool (and sometimes a neighbour doesn't care or even tries to help their kid climb your fence...)

Mind you, I'm not saying we didn't enjoy the pool - God knows we had enough pool parties between myself, my sister and my parents when I was growing up, and that's how I learned to swim :lol: - but they can be more work than they're worth!

Drea said:
fah - in-ground pools are far more work than you think, and can be a pain despite all the benefits... The house that we moved to when I was 7 - the house my parents still live in - had a pool and for years my parents kept it going, replaced the liner and everything else.. For the last five years they've been talking about filling it in, given that my sister and I are both moved out and Mom and Dad don't use it much - when I was home for Easter I was told to get a good look at the pool, because it would be gone the next time I was there :lol:

Reasons not to have an in-ground pool:

1)Opening it in late spring and closing it at the end of summer is a pain in the ass and somewhat time consuming - you have to empty (or fill) the water bags that hold down the winter cover, replace the water that may have evaporated from the pool over the fall and winter. vacuum and scoop out the pool (leaves, branches, etc), get the chemicals up to regular levels, etc.

2)Maintenance through the summer - chlorine and shock, testing the water to keep the chemical level where it's supposed to be, vacuuming, keeping an eye on the heater if you have one

3)Frogs find your pool (even with a solar blanket or some other cover on it). Squirrels find your pool. Birds find your pool. The neighbours' dog/cat/children want to get into your pool (and sometimes a neighbour doesn't care or even tries to help their kid climb your fence...)

Mind you, I'm not saying we didn't enjoy the pool - God knows we had enough pool parties between myself, my sister and my parents when I was growing up, and that's how I learned to swim :lol: - but they can be more work than they're worth!

I have one, and it's the exact same. :lol: We, the children, find it fun. Not so much for my father.

Btw I finally heard that "hey there Delilah" song that's been talked about in here - once in the car and once at the wedding I was at... and I see how it could get very annoying very quickly :wink:

It's not as time consuming as it sounds, after doing the preliminary work, they take about 5 minutes each. :) Just gotta pay attention for accuracy, which can be a little hard, this time of the night. :yikes:

:lol: We've been keeping an eye on it! Thurs night she said she was considering not going to school, and spending her tuition on it.

Within the first 10 minutes after the show aired, it was up to $75,000, but it was taken down and went back down to the hundreds - fake bids, I guess.

Yeah, if you check the link, you have to be authorized first, and tons of bids were not. Now it's another 2 week break without my Comedy Central fix :sad:

I'm heading out soon too. G'nite VP! :wave:

Now, who will post first this morning...

-unico
-LMPA
-UberBeav

I'm goin' with the Beav

:( Yeah I know what you mean about crap sleeping. I guess I've gotten used to it...but I don't think that's a good thing. I'm sure you'll feel more yourself by the time class rolls around.

My morning is going well so far. I'm ecstatic about this week. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom