The Temple Bar : Now With Improved Flavour .. UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. BAW said:
You gotta read between the lines.....GR

I'm able to infer a decent amount from these things. Hopefully I'm not too off the mark, though I've never seen any trend from the postings on the forum.

i've always found it interesting how some people nowadays are more inclined to "blog about it" than actually talk to one another to sort things out. i used to think that the internet was great for bridging gaps and taking communication to new heights. but more and more (especially in my field of work and having to deal with conflicts b/w roommates in particular) i see people using their computers to hide behind so they can talk shit about one another. which is ironic bc i think one of them mentioned it. obviously it isn't any of my business but if people are posting it in their journals they want attention to it and are leaving it up to discussion. i've no personal beef with anybody involved (dont even think i've talked to the journal authors in question). but i really think people should try to settle things one on one than doing stuff like this (this goes for people in general). i'm afraid that sometimes blogs encourage passive-aggressiveness. yes, it is a great way to express yourself. but if you've got beef w/ someone you should talk to them about it, you know? posting like that isn't going to come to a resolution. but then again...perhaps people aren't always looking to resolve things. :shrug:

/rant.

It's a symptom of a larger disease, I think, Mia.

Look at April's would be paramour. This fucking guy was texting her, and, at one point, had a friend TEXT her, instead of...texting himself...which is worse than e-mailing yourself....which is worse than IMing yourself....which is worse than phoning yourself....which is worse than speaking in person.

People are slowly losing the ability to interact one on one. Everyone loves Myspace and all, but I look at it and it bums me out. I like talking to my friends. I like interacting with real people in person. I like when I'm traveling how I'm anonymous, but at any moment could wind up talking to anyone about anything.

And, sure, I'm making my point via the internet, which might be a tad ironic, but the point is I'd rather be sitting and speaking about this face to face with you guys than typing about it.

The journal war is funny to me, very funny, but of course it's sad and lame, too. I use my journal to vent, and sometimes I go too far, and I check the responses too, but, I'm no attention whore. These entries are designed specifically for attention, and they're obviously absurd, typed by absurd people.

End of rant.

The Internet is bittersweet, indeed.

Probably wasn't a good idea in eighth grade to ask a girl out over the Internet. You learn as you go, I suppose.

I specifically have tried to keep myself on this board strictly off-limits from my real self for a while, just because I don't feel that it's right in high school to be revealing my identity when my parents don't know about it. :shrug: I'm waiting till I head out for college, then I'll start posting my picture and possibly meeting up with Interferencers in real life, people actually knowing who I am, etc.

No spoken words said:
And, PF, was that last year? Ha.

HA!!

HAHAHA!!!!

HAHAHAGHWSDGXFH#$ERSYFDGHAHA!!!!!!!!helpmeHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

1. She said no.
2. I'm in eleventh grade. It was three years ago.

phillyfan26 said:

1. She said no.
2. I'm in eleventh grade. It was three years ago.

I know what grade you're in. That's why my question was a bad joke.

And, you're right to kind of keep your digital self apart from your real self for now.

Hell, I'm 95% sure that meeting Beav will be the biggest mistake of my life, but as someone wise beyond his years said, you learn as you go.

All I ask is that you guys take a picture of yourselves doing one of these things:

1. Flipping each other off.
2. Giving each other the stink eye.
3. Drunk.
4. Kissing
5. Having a thumb war.
6. Beav with an open dictionary pointing to the word "cock bagel" as NSW looks on.

One of the last three preferably.

I like #6, if forced to choose.

I don't drink so #3 is out.

#1 will happen too many times to really be deemed special.

#5 would be me owning him, so that's unfair.

#2 seems uncivilized.

#4 is an impossibility because he's simply not my type.

No spoken words said:
It's a symptom of a larger disease, I think, Mia.

Look at April's would be paramour. This fucking guy was texting her, and, at one point, had a friend TEXT her, instead of...texting himself...which is worse than e-mailing yourself....which is worse than IMing yourself....which is worse than phoning yourself....which is worse than speaking in person.

People are slowly losing the ability to interact one on one. Everyone loves Myspace and all, but I look at it and it bums me out. I like talking to my friends. I like interacting with real people in person. I like when I'm traveling how I'm anonymous, but at any moment could wind up talking to anyone about anything.

And, sure, I'm making my point via the internet, which might be a tad ironic, but the point is I'd rather be sitting and speaking about this face to face with you guys than typing about it.

The journal war is funny to me, very funny, but of course it's sad and lame, too. I use my journal to vent, and sometimes I go too far, and I check the responses too, but, I'm no attention whore. These entries are designed specifically for attention, and they're obviously absurd, typed by absurd people.

End of rant.

yeah it is kinda ironic that we talk about this on the internet. but, eh, if we didn't have it we wouldn't be reading this stuff. like you i can talk on here and have fun, and i too blog, but if i've got a prob with someone i know i tend to talk to them about it. perhaps not right away, but i'd much rather do it in person than have a journal war. but that's just me.

unico said:

yeah it is kinda ironic that we talk about this on the internet. but, eh, if we didn't have it we wouldn't be reading this stuff. like you i can talk on here and have fun, and i too blog, but if i've got a prob with someone i know i tend to talk to them about it. perhaps not right away, but i'd much rather do it in person than have a journal war. but that's just me.

We agree, and that's why I'm saving all of my issues with you for 9/21, instead of journaling about them here. Be prepared.

unico said:
oh my god. i think i just felt my ovaries leap for joy. mos def is on bill maher's show. :drool: :love: :heart:

Saw it on Friday night - recorded it too. :up:

Have I missed more of the CT since I've been AWOL today working on... work shit? :hmm:

:wave:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
I agree with all points above.

And um, Britney scares me. :|

omg wasn't that horrible? she wasn't even dancing! i really think she was on something. she was trying too hard to memorize the moves and neglected to put any energy into it. it was just trashy. i liked how the closeups of people were showing them either laughing or in disbelief.

unico said:

omg wasn't that horrible? she wasn't even dancing! i really think she was on something. she was trying too hard to memorize the moves and neglected to put any energy into it. it was just trashy. i liked how the closeups of people were showing them either laughing or in disbelief.

it was horrible!!

In the last week, it suddenly looks like I'll be getting my own computer and my own car. :ohmy:

Just don't know too many people that refer to them as the Wahoos, had to check.

Ralph Sampson was there when I was a kid, and he was amazing. 7 foot 4, but played much smaller. He was very unique at the time, and, I just started rooting for them and have stayed loyal since.

VMA's don't start here til 9. Should I watch the opening for the trainwreck? All those in favor say I. Hope it doesn't interfere with the Rock Of Love final 4 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom