The Temple Bar : Now With Improved Flavour .. UYFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevated_u2_fan said:

I agree, not to go all "adult" here or be a downer ( :wink: ) but I really hate people who get all loaded/stoned at concerts and generally disrupt the good time that other people around them are trying to have...

[/narc]

Maybe they don't like when you disrupt their good time with all the, "Knock it off - stop that - I can't hear - I can't see - WAAAAAHHH you lit my hair on fire." :tsk: Square.

Dave - I used to rock Crazy Horse, St. Ides, (ETA) O'E or Colt 45. I understand, man. You gotta do what you gotta do. Though there is no way I could drink a drop of any of that stuff today.

Last edited:
You have to remember that I live in Halifax, Nova Scotia. As far as selection goes for 40's, it's Colt 45, Corona, or bust, really.

UberBeaver said:

Dave - I used to rock Crazy Horse, St. Ides or Colt 45. I understand, man. You gotta do what you gotta do. Though there is no way I could drink a drop of any of that stuff today.

Colt 45 is like an ex-girlfriend. You used to love her, tell people to fuck off when they told you she was no good for you. Then you move on to something smoother, and less cheap. But you've still got that thought in the back of your mind "well, I could sleep with her just one more time..." and then you do, and you vomit.

:shifty:

elevated_u2_fan said:

I agree, not to go all "adult" here or be a downer ( :wink: ) but I really hate people who get all loaded/stoned at concerts and generally disrupt the good time that other people around them are trying to have...

[/narc]

I tend to agree.

I have never been drunk during a U2 or Springsteen concert. True story.

Other concerts, though... :whistle:

DaveC said:

Colt 45 is like an ex-girlfriend. You used to love her, tell people to fuck off when they told you she was no good for you. Then you move on to something smoother, and less cheap. But you've still got that thought in the back of your mind "well, I could sleep with her just one more time..." and then you do, and you vomit.

What a :cute: analogy.

And for the record, I = have never tasted PBR or Colt 45 or any other type of 40. Cheapest I've ever gone was Bud Light and that was only because then I didn't know any better.

[Going on the record.] I have never had any alcoholic beverages at my youthful age. I am not a crook. [/Record]

DaveC said:

Good analogy. Though I've never contemplated a website dedicated to embarassing Colt 45 by calling it names while providing a slide show of accompanying pics and videos. We'll, I've never comtemplated that until just now. :hmm:

Lookout for Colt45You'reAFilthyWhoreButYesIStillLoveYou.com. :happy:

phillyfan26 said:
[Going on the record.] I have never had any alcoholic beverages at my youthful age. I am not a crook. [/Record]

Seriously? Not even a beer?

Well it's all downhill from 16 IMO, once I could drive away from my parents is when I started... And no, I was smart enough not to mix driving with drinking, thank you...

elevated_u2_fan said:
Seriously? Not even a beer?

Well it's all downhill from 16 IMO, once I could drive away from my parents is when I started... And no, I was smart enough not to mix driving with drinking, thank you...

Well, who knows what happens off the record ... :shifty:

phillyfan26 said:

i actually had my first drink at 20. and it was with a bunch of teachers (i was an aide). i learned the true meaning of "after school meeting." lol we went to happy-hour.

unico said:

i actually had my first drink at 20. and it was with a bunch of teachers (i was an aide). i learned the true meaning of "after school meeting." lol we went to happy-hour.

we often have to invoke "project amber" at work :drool:

in the old one traffic light town where the (second) college i went to was, they had 40s (colt 45 or old E) for 2 bucks, a 6 pack of 16 ounce pabst blue ribbon cans for 2.50, a bottle of generic brand champagne for 5 bucks, and if you really wanted to go nuts, the generic box of wine for 7.25.

ah those were the days :drool:

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

I tend to agree.

I have never been drunk during a U2 or Springsteen concert. True story.

Other concerts, though... :whistle:

:raiseshand:

quite drunk in the ellipse, and so shit faced before a springsteen concert at Shea that i had to get off the 7 train at Woodside so that i could take a leaker, leaving my friends behind, yelling out "bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce" as i did my businessmeeting back up at them at the stadium.

:hi5:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:raiseshand:

quite drunk in the ellipse, and so shit faced before a springsteen concert at Shea that i had to get off the 7 train at Woodside so that i could take a leaker, leaving my friends behind, yelling out "bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce" as i did my businessmeeting back up at them at the stadium.

:hi5:

:cute:

Haha. I seem to recall you holding that urine cup - er, cup of champagne at MSG :wink:

Back
Top Bottom