The Temple Bar: Non-Doozer Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
redkat said:
Bad is the best song EVER not just U2. I'm pretty sure I've sent you a link with a live version on it before with sexual healing and norwegian wood snippets at the end :combust:

Yeah, I remember that. I wonder where it went, cause it's not in my iTunes. I thought I had. I wonder if I lost when I erased 3/4 of my library cause I thought that would fix things. :happy: idiot.

U2Girl1978 said:

I can't remember the last time I said tutu in a conversation actually.

That's what I thought.

I like the Fly video a lot. I like the beginning with the song not in full gear yet but you hear a bit of it, and Bono is wandering around whispering to people and stuff. Makes me laugh. Then the scary guitar riff starts and you know this aint the Joshua Tree.

My favorite version of Bad is the one from the film Rattle & Hum. That has the Ruby Tuesday/Sympathy snippet in it as well. I just think that performance is mesmerizing.

redkat said:

Run was incredible live :drool:

beav if you still have the pm with the link it should still be good

I like Run too. I can't find the link in my PMs. Maybe you emailed it to me? I dunno.

Which is better, the album version or the Wide Awake in America version? I'm going to DL one now, not sure which.

UberBeaver said:

I like Run too. I can't find the link in my PMs. Maybe you emailed it to me? I dunno.

Which is better, the album version or the Wide Awake in America version? I'm going to DL one now, not sure which.

Of those 2 choices, the Wide Awake in America version.

U2Girl1978 said:
So Beavs, you keep raving about Silversun Pickups. I was wondering if you had any songs that you would recommend that I d/l? I want to see what the fuss is about.

They have a Smashing Pumpkins (Siamese Dream / Gish era) sort of feel, maybe? Not as violent as Siamese Dream though.

I'd recommend Melatonin, Little Lover's So Polite, and Lazy Eye. Lazy Eye has a video, which is how we found them. My wife had it on and was sitting on the bed just watching (usually it's just background noise). I came into the room and stopped to watch as well. I dig it.

UberBeaver said:

They have a Smashing Pumpkins (Siamese Dream / Gish era) sort of feel, maybe? Not as violent as Siamese Dream though.

I'd recommend Melatonin, Little Lover's So Polite, and Lazy Eye. Lazy Eye has a video, which is how we found them. My wife had it on and was sitting on the bed just watching (usually it's just background noise). I came into the room and stopped to watch as well. I dig it.

I listened to the album in the car today, and so far, Lazy Eye is the standout to me.

UberBeaver said:

:hmm: I'll have to check it out. I was never a big Smashing Pumpkins fan.

Back
Top Bottom