The Temple Bar: Non-Doozer Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:wave:

In regards to Slapshot...

Slapshot II http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0282171/

My friend's friend was the writer of this movie. We all flew together to Vegas to see U2 on the 'Popmart' tour, once together on the Elevation tour, and once together on Vertigo tour. He'a a U2 fan :wink: :nerd:

<<:killworkintheface:
<<killotherthingsoutofmycontrolintheface:

Hey Canada people - how long a drive is it from Montreal to Toronto?

ETA - I'm looking at a map and guess 6-8 hours?

ETAII: What's Ottawa like? I want to do a hockey road trip next year. I just noticed Ottawa was real close to Montreal. That's cool.

Last edited:
I can't help you with the driving time, Beav. Sorry. I haven't been further east than Alberta in Canada. :reject:

Your hockey road trip sounds awesome - were you planning on hitting a few states as well? That would be awesome to do some day. Good luck getting tickets, if you haven't gotten them already. For some teams it's almost impossible. :huh:

lol, I just had this image of all the Canadians gathered around a map discussing the route and talkgin with that :cute: little accent like, "Oh, well, he said Montreal to Ottawa, eh. That really throws a wrench in the plans, yah. See, that rules out the 401 straight down. Now he's goin ta hav ta take the 417 to Ottawa - hey there ya, is that poutine you got there? You gonna share that? - then he's goin ta hav ta get on the 416, take that straight back to the 401. That's really goin ta add some miles...I mean kilmotres - to his trip, eh. Ottawa sucks anyhow, waste of time if you ask me. He's better off goin to Vancoooover, yah."

:hug: Canada.

ThoraSEB said:
I can't help you with the driving time, Beav. Sorry. I haven't been further east than Alberta in Canada. :reject:

Your hockey road trip sounds awesome - were you planning on hitting a few states as well? That would be awesome to do some day. Good luck getting tickets, if you haven't gotten them already. For some teams it's almost impossible. :huh:

Well, it won't be til next year. I was just doing a feasability study :nerd: to see if it's logistically possible to hit both Toronto and Montreal on one trip. And then I saw Ottawa all cute up there by Montreal so I figured I'd add that in there too. First thing would be to get tickets, then we map the trip I guess. Tix don't go on sale til, what, mid summer? I just want to be prepared. I'd get me some front row tickets too.

Tickets usually go on sale in September. You gotta be on the ball. I tried to get tickets the second they went on sale, but everything sold out right away. :grumpy: Thankfully I have an inside connection, and have been able to go to 2 games this year. Not as many as I had hoped, but definitely better than nothing.

The Canucks are playing on my b-day, and I'm trying to go, but it's looking like it will be impossible.

UberBeaver said:

You're from Vancouver? I spent a few days with people from Vancouver when I was in Mexico once. You talk like that, trust me. Vancooooover, eh.

:lol: Some people in Vancouver do, I'm sure. They're few and far between. If anything, my accent sounds American.

Wow. I heard that they sell out fast, but that's insane. Islander tickets only sell out when they play the Rangers, and that's cause Ranger's fans buy them to mock us. Bastards.

And to answer your question, maybe. I was just looking at a map and my geography sucks. I didn't know Buffalo was so close to Toronto. I might have to add that too. And detroit isn't that far. PIttsburgh is on the way back. This might need to be an annual adventure. :D

Nor did I realize that Vancoooover was like right next to Seattle.

I'm not sure how fast the US teams sell out, but the tickets really go fast in Canada. It's obviously a lot more popular here.

Vancouver is about a 2 1/2 to 3 hr drive away from Seattle. It depends on traffic, the border, and how fast you drive of course. I live about 5 minutes away from the border, and I get to my family's place in Seattle in less than 2 hours.

Oh my god, where is killintheface?

Sighing Guy has mercifully (and luckily, for him) movied into the office occupied by my now retired work mom, so I don't have to see him not work or hear him sighing or shuffling papers anymore, but get this - now he's complaining because they've moved his hours to 8:30-5:00. He just spent five minutes whining to me over how his nights are "shot" because he doesn't get home until 6 now, then he can't eat dinner until 7 and if he has to do laundry oh, forget it, he won't get home until 9 and then his night is shot. Boo fucking hoo, cry me a river, asswipe. There are people who are going to lose their jobs in my company soon and all he cares about is the fact that he gets off an hour later than he used to before?

:killintheface: :rant:

UberBeaver said:
I didn't know MI people had accents. Is it like a Mid-Western thing? I didn't know Philly people had them until I was in High School.

Pretty sure it can be chalked up as a Mid-Western thing.

Sorry, would have answered sooner had Mr. "I'm So Inconvienienced Now" not just cried a river to me just a bit ago.

Oy vey. I hate people that complain like that. :huh:

In my old department there was a woman like that. She's in her mid-40's, but acted like she was 10 years old or something. She complained and whined and even cried about everything under the sun. :killintheface: I'm so glad I don't work with her any more, and rarely see her around the office. She was such a Debbie Downer, and made life miserable for everyone around her. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom