The Temple Bar: Is there anybody alive out there UYFA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm kicking ass in this class, I would hate for this paper to screw me over. :sad:

He's a hilarious prof, and he's british, and he def mocks people and half the time they just don't get it, so they are utterly oblvious.
As for the bullshit, a wise man once said you can't bullshit a bullshitter. :uhoh:

I've got all the crap I need, I just gotta get it to all pull together :crack:

How do tales of rains of blood, the stars being blown out and the suffering of all of humanity work for ya?

Completley unrelated, but I could tell you about the Buddhist hells.
Hell of Iron Spikes anyone?
Or how about the hell of no interval (ie, no breaks for tea and crumpets)...

:scream:
I want bed.

Trust me, I know all about hell. This paper is giving me a great intro to the ninth circle. I've got so much disjointed information written down, and I've got an outline for what to write, but I'm jumping back and forth over about 20 pages of random notes. It's tough to pull it all together right now. But I did just get another cup of coffee, so hopefully that helps once it kicks in.

And hopefully I can stay the eff away from my guitar - I just took a 15-minute break to play Whipping Post and The Wind Cries Mary. :huh:

Hey, didn't I used to have you on MSN about 5 years ago, Bri? I'd forgotten all about that. :scratch:

Ahh, the days of writing papers. :huh: I'm so glad those are over. But I can definitely sympathize. I was always writing them at the last minute, and handing them in a second before the due time.

I think there should be a Dante's Inferno for the Buddhist hells cause honestly, they seem a hell of a lot more colourful.
And there may very well be more of them.

Perhaps that's what I shall do some day, I shall compose a kickass text about the buddhist hells...
and at the end throw in the kickass death of the dharama. Doorknob death and all.

:drool:

Ya, I've got notes scribbled all over my texts, and the class notes....and then random shit I've pulled together.
Luckily, we were restriceted in what sources we could use...so at least I won't be citing like crazy in the last 30 seconds before I run out the door.

Me = bad citationer.

I have a pillow, and the floor has a rug.....they look SUPER inviting right now :crack:

:lol:
You did!
You're def still on mine.
I'm all nice and shit, I rarely delete people.

~BrightestStar~ said:
I think there should be a Dante's Inferno for the Buddhist hells cause honestly, they seem a hell of a lot more colourful.
And there may very well be more of them.

Perhaps that's what I shall do some day, I shall compose a kickass text about the buddhist hells...
and at the end throw in the kickass death of the dharama. Doorknob death and all.

:drool:

Bri's Buddhist Inferno? It's got a nice ring to it. :hmm:

I have a pillow, and the floor has a rug.....they look SUPER inviting right now :crack:

I'm writing this paper in my bedroom. There's a double bed with a brand new pillow on it screaming my name. And I woke up at 6:30 am yesterday, so right now I'd love nothing more than to crawl in. Of course, if I did that, there's not a hope in hell I'd have this thing done in time. Even now I'm going to be cutting it close.

You did!
You're def still on mine.
I'm all nice and shit, I rarely delete people.

:laugh:
I was the same way, until I realized one day that I had something like 200 people on my list, of whom I spoke to maybe 10, and I just got a new e-mail. So you can feel free to delete me, I won't be offended :wink:

DaveC said:

Bri's Buddhist Inferno? It's got a nice ring to it. :hmm

Oh, consider that baby copyrighted.
The money's in the bank now! :rockon:

I'll send you an autographed copy someday. :wink:

I'm writing this paper in my bedroom. There's a double bed with a brand new pillow on it screaming my name. And I woke up at 6:30 am yesterday, so right now I'd love nothing more than to crawl in. Of course, if I did that, there's not a hope in hell I'd have this thing done in time. Even now I'm going to be cutting it close.

yeah, it's been a long week....and it's only wednesday :scream:
I have some late night/early morning combo's and my sleep debt is sending a bookie after me.

I have to get mine there before class ends. So 11:30 at the latest. I am cry.
:sigh:

It's gonna be a loooong nite.

And I just found out why my computer's been running so slow, it's be frickin updating itslef. :mad:

:laugh
I was the same way, until I realized one day that I had something like 200 people on my list, of whom I spoke to maybe 10, and I just got a new e-mail. So you can feel free to delete me, I won't be offended :wink

Oh, my list is pretty damn long, I've just categorized them...so I can "close" the lists I don't care about much.

Fine then, consider yourself deleted from the cool list. :tongue:

~BrightestStar~ said:

Oh, consider that baby copyrighted.
The money's in the bank now! :rockon:

I'll send you an autographed copy someday. :wink:

:D Just remember me when you make your millions, okay?

I think I might take a two-hour nap after I finish this paragraph. I'm almost non-functional right now. :huh:

I'm calling it right now....I'm soo gonna go over the page limit. And then spend hours tearing out my har trying to parse it down.

If you manage to sneak in a nap, I am SOOOO jelaous.

I wonder if my gorup would mind if I just sleep through our presentation...

fuck, and if I'm making as many typos in the paper as I am here......:yikes:

I'm a bit late, Bri, but maybe you should have written no essay, and then tried to explain how you did not write the paper because you knew everyone else was going to write the paper, and by not writing said paper you were doing more to bring balance to the world. So technically, you were the only one that did the right thing, for in all things there must be balance...and shit. Maybe next time.

Damn, why weren't you here last night? :angry:

I could have been all like, ya, I'm trying to attain nirvana so I have to become all like karmically neutral, ya know, yo? Besides, it's the thought that matters right, so I thought about doing it, and have taken the karmic reprecussions of that intomyself, So reward that MOFO!

Karmically Nuetral - Exactly.

And then you could have just stared the teacher down, all zen like - Nirvana Blast followed by a Zen Stare. :yikes: There is no counter for that. Not that I know of anyway.

I think at 2pm today on my conference call I am going to speak very low and remain karmically neutral. I like that phrase. I am going to get it tatooed across my stomache, like a karmically neutral LA gang-banger.

UberBeaver said:

I think at 2pm today on my conference call I am going to speak very low and remain karmically neutral. I like that phrase. I am going to get it tatooed across my stomache, like a karmically neutral LA gang-banger.

Lies*

*not to be confused with Phil's missus.

that's too bad about your air travel, liz. :( but i'm starting to think that trains are the best form of travel. i've sat next to some downright crazy people on them, but most are open for nice conversation. there's no long process of checking in or anything. for reals i just show up at the station 15 minutes before departure time, hop on, and i'm en route. hassle free!

I just wrote an 18-page paper complete with footnotes and formatting in 4.5 hours :rockon:

I am the fucking man.

Now if only I had time to sleep. :yawn:

DaveC said:
^ :lol:

I did a bibliography...I have no idea if it's "annotated" though, whatever that means :shrug:

google, my friend :wink:

annotated is different from regular bibliographies because you have to write all sorts of shit about each source, you don't just list them. here is an example:
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/02/

it can be as long as the paper itself because it sucks that much ass.

nsw, hold that thought.

Back
Top Bottom