The Temple Bar - Hoegaarden FTW & UYMFA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
corianderstem said:
I thought that stuff was made because it's what people want to watch, and people these days will apparently watch anything.

I guess I didn't understand your statement, then - I thought you were talking about TV made SOLELY for snark.

The VH1 stuff, I'd say that was made solely for ratings.

It's made for people that like snarky TV. VH1's ratings are miniscule, but, are good enough. They're a niche business.

Gotcha.

I do like to snark, but don't watch shows solely for snarkworthiness. :)

And I suppose half the shows on VH1 these days (Best Day/Week/Year Ever, any of those Best Songs of ...) are nothing but lists and snark.

So maybe they're not putting on shows so the viewers can snark - maybe they're making the shows so they can snark themselves! :wink:

I watch maybe 3-4 shows religiously, that's about it.

My default channels, if just flipping around, are Travel Channel, Discovery or History. Travel is my favorite, though.

hi.gif

Rough times at the house today...I got in a fight with my dad last night during the game concerning a certain interception Favre threw. :reject:

Ruh-roh! What exactly is there to argue about? Favre threw it, wrong guy caught it.

I know that's pretty damned simplistic. :wink:

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
Ruh-roh! What exactly is there to argue about? Favre threw it, wrong guy caught it.

Le sigh.

Well, it was actually the first pick. He argued that it was a bad idea to throw the pass because he wasn't in the greatest position to, and I argued that it was a smart throw because the receiver was single-covered near the endzone and waving to Favre.

Then it turned into a shouting match, but about other issues.

And we haven't talked much since.

LemonMelon said:

Well, it was actually the first pick. He argued that it was a bad idea to throw the pass because he wasn't in the greatest position to, and I argued that it was a smart throw because the receiver was single-covered near the endzone and waving to Favre.

Then it turned into a shouting match, but about other issues.

And we haven't talked much since.

That's happened to my Dad and I. Not for years now, but, when I was your age, it would now and then.

We'd stand on ceremony for like a day, then one of us would break the ice, usually me by looking at him with an angry face and say "Are you banging my Mother?".

No spoken words said:

That's happened to my Dad and I. Not for years now, but, when I was your age, it would now and then.

We'd stand on ceremony for like a day, then one of us would break the ice, usually me by looking at him with an angry face and say "Are you banging my Mother?".

:lol: Yeah, everything will be back to normal in a week, tops.

Just a little awkward right now. I hate the silence. :uhoh:

Sooooooooooooooo...

We haven't talked in a few days. How's the health, Mike? Any word from Dr. Nick?

No spoken words said:
From 1982-1993, the Yankees did not go to the playoffs. I was 11-22. It was miserable to be a fan of theirs.

Is that what it's like in Toronto?

No, that's what it was like when Harold Ballard owned the team..

Now it's just (with the exception of this year) inconsistency with flashes of brilliance, enough of a run to give fans hope for the playoffs only to break our hearts at the last minute :sad: Unfortunately because Leafs tickets are still so hard to come by, and the season ticket waiting list is ridiculously long (I've heard 30 years, no idea if that's true), that the owners won't have to do anything about the team for decades probably before this town actually stops supporting the team.

Montreal does it right (at least in the hockey area, it's a pity the baseball strike of 94 killed the Expos when they could've gone to the WS and actually had fans in the seats) - when Les Canadiens suck, they'll still support the team, but they'll do it *outside* the arena. Less full seats, more motivation for owners to do something to get the fans back...

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to agree with people suggesting Sundin be traded for prospects :ohmy:

Carek 1230 or whatever her name is has the last post in 22 threads. WTF.

Drea, thanks for that reply, interesting read.

LM, you'll not be back here for ages, but, thanks for asking about my health....feeling pretty good, but still no lab results yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

U2democrat said:
My arms are killing me from Guitar Hero II.

Debate time, this one is uber-feisty. VERY different from the previous democratic debate.

Your arms might be tired, sure....and they probably grew tired as you were playing....but you know in your heart that sometimes you just have to fucking rock right through the pain....which you did. There's no debate there.

No spoken words said:

Your arms might be tired, sure....and they probably grew tired as you were playing....but you know in your heart that sometimes you just have to fucking rock right through the pain....which you did. There's no debate there.

spoken like a true rock star!

I rock, yes. But, I rock in a very specific way. A way which you, Mia, are also fluent with. The way they teach you to rock when you grow up on Rage Ave.

No spoken words said:
Drea, thanks for that reply, interesting read.

Sorry about the novel :lol: Call it fan frustration :wink: I think Harold Ballard was the closest hockey ever got to having a Steinbrenner, only Ballard was older and more cantankerous *snerk* Then again, the Leafs never had a coach equivalent to Billy Martin...

Back
Top Bottom