The Temple Bar - Going POWERJUICE...UYMFA! - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-15-2008, 11:21 PM   #151
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac
The Yankees do. They're at 27, right? The Habs have 24.


The Leafs? Don't know, but I know their last was before colour photos.
The Yankees have 26.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:21 PM   #152
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,668
Local Time: 01:24 PM


What?!!! You ate the autographs? The 1976 Habs lost 8 games all year and definitely were the greatest hockey team of all time. Your poor father.
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #153
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,668
Local Time: 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox
the Canadiens must be a close 2nd....25 cups maybe?
24.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #154
Blue Crack Addict
 
Drea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Tangled in my yarn stash
Posts: 22,528
Local Time: 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac
The Yankees do. They're at 27, right? The Habs have 24.


The Leafs? Don't know, but I know their last was before colour photos.

It's not nice to laugh at 40 years of pain









__________________
8 shows, 7 cities, 2 countries, 1 40th birthday and a crapload of friends: my U2011


Drea is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:23 PM   #155
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac


What?!!! You ate the autographs? The 1976 Habs lost 8 games all year and definitely were the greatest hockey team of all time. Your poor father.
Yeah.

My Dad also caught a foul ball at the All-Star game played at Yankee Stadium in, I think, 1973....around there.....and I managed to lose that one down a sewer while having a catch with my friend Kevin.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:25 PM   #156
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 12:24 PM
NSW...your story..Jesus man, that was a Cup year, Lafleur, Robinson, Shutt, Dryden, Cournoyer...who else.....
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #157
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,668
Local Time: 01:24 PM
Gabriel, have you read Dryden's book, The Game? If you haven't you should. It's a great book and is a great inside look at hockey in the 1970s, as well of the Canadiens of that era.
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:28 PM   #158
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 12:24 PM
I'm going to have to go pray in front of my personally autographed Lafleur 8X10 now. And maybe my Gretzky (circa 1983) one for good measure
__________________
ACROBAT - U2 Tribute on Facebook


http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:
 
I'm serious, don't!

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.
 

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you








gvox is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 PM   #159
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac
Gabriel, have you read Dryden's book, The Game? If you haven't you should. It's a great book and is a great inside look at hockey in the 1970s, as well of the Canadiens of that era.
I haven't...thanks for the recommendation, I will check it out, for sure..
__________________
gvox is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:33 PM   #160
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoManiac
Gabriel, have you read Dryden's book, The Game? If you haven't you should. It's a great book and is a great inside look at hockey in the 1970s, as well of the Canadiens of that era.
Considering my love of books, and of sports, you'd think that I'd read books about sports now and then....but, I think that in 30 years or so of reading books, you can count on two hands the # of sports books I've read.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #161
Ghost of Love
 
gvox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: In The Ballroom of The Crystal Lights
Posts: 19,838
Local Time: 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Drea



It's not nice to laugh at 40 years of pain
Y'all have somewhat of an excuse though...mind you...that shit could've never happened in Montreal.
__________________
gvox is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:34 PM   #162
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


Considering my love of books, and of sports, you'd think that I'd read books about sports now and then....but, I think that in 30 years or so of reading books, you can count on two hands the # of sports books I've read.

I think the last sports book I read was Mitch Album's book on The Fab Five. That's been 14 or so years.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #163
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,668
Local Time: 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox


I haven't...thanks for the recommendation, I will check it out, for sure..
It's widely considered the best hockey book of all time. Enjoy!
__________________

BoMac is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:35 PM   #164
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton



I think the last sports book I read was Mitch Album's book on The Fab Five. That's been 14 or so years.
I do not like Albom, believe it or not.

I've read two by Halberstam, one by Feinstein, read Moneyball, Ball Four, a Winfield auto-biography ages ago, the Bronx Zoo, The Natural and that's probably it.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 02-15-2008, 11:36 PM   #165
Self-righteous bullshitter
 
BoMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Soviet Canuckistan — Socialist paradise
Posts: 16,668
Local Time: 01:24 PM
Someone recommended Ball Four to me a while ago. Is it worth it?
__________________

__________________

BoMac is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com