The Temple Bar: Get Your YaYas and Balls of Sunshine Out - UYMFA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevated_u2_fan said:

Sounds like you're storming the beaches of Normandy or something, where are you going?

Down to South Jersey. Which is probably like Normandy, just without the war.

lol, Jersey. :cute:

4 day weekend commences in 8 hours. Sweet. It's labor day here, for those of you in Canada. Labor = Work = We pay for our health benefits cause we're not lazy = we also have eletricity and running water (usually). That's why we're taking Monday off. We get to celebrate all the work we do. I might check myself into the ER, have some work done, then slap down my credit card like a goddamn American and borrow a nice loan from the bank to pay for it and then declare bankruptcy. THAT'S how you celebrate Labor Day. Oh, and hot dogs. You have to have hot dogs. :happy:

UberBeaver said:
lol, Jersey. :cute:

4 day weekend commences in 8 hours. Sweet. It's labor day here, for those of you in Canada. Labor = Work = We pay for our health benefits cause we're not lazy = we also have eletricity and running water (usually). That's why we're taking Monday off. We get to celebrate all the work we do. I might check myself into the ER, have some work done, then slap down my credit card like a goddamn American and borrow a nice loan from the bank to pay for it and then declare bankruptcy. THAT'S how you celebrate Labor Day. Oh, and hot dogs. You have to have hot dogs. :happy:

Hot dogs :drool:

Jersey :drool:

I'm looking forward to get some more tan for the beginning of the school year, spending three days figuring out what to do with my hair for my school pic (it's between long an short, I'm not sure where I'm going with it), and eating.

07GaryMatthews.jpg

If you go drinking, there's a good chance that it could result in drunkenness, as well.

07GaryMatthews.jpg

I'm Gary Matthews, I announce the Philadelphia Phillies, which are a baseball team as well.

There's a guy on the radio in Philly named Joe Conklin, who does voices of all the Philly media. He has a short segment every morning called "Sergeant Obvious" (because Matthews nickname is "The Sarge") in which he'll do Sarge's voice and say things like:

I think that if the Phillies are gonna make a big trade they should do it before the trade deadline as well.

phillyfan26 said:
There's a guy on the radio in Philly named Joe Conklin, who does voices of all the Philly media. He has a short segment every morning called "Sergeant Obvious" (because Matthews nickname is "The Sarge") in which he'll do Sarge's voice and say things like:

I think that if the Phillies are gonna make a big trade they should do it before the trade deadline as well.

As of the start of the 2007 baseball season, Matthews has joined the Philadelphia Phillies as a colored commentator. He frequently uses the phrase "as well," even when said phrase is irrelevant to the sentence that he concludes it with. This could be due to the fact that when Sarge was a youngster, he frequently used "as well" as a period (.) in his school assignments. "Sarge," as he demands to be called, also makes brilliant observations such as "that would have been an inside the park home run," and frequently confuses Aaron Rowand with Jimmy Rollins. For the most part, Sarge is a likable fool, and his commentary is much more entertaining, though not nearly as inciteful, than that of his colleague Chris "Wheels" Wheeler. Sarge insists that he is "going to get better, as well, too."

lol. From Wikipedia.

Back
Top Bottom