The Temple Bar: Defying Gravity UYMFA!!!!!!!!!!111111 - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2007, 10:23 PM   #811
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 12:46 AM
thanks Zoots, I needed that

Old 06-29-2007, 10:27 PM   #812
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lila64
I have a digital camera that's several years old. She's welcome to share it with me if she can take care of it. But I know a nice shiny new one with better features would be preferred. It should be me getting the new one, not her

\notamoneymachine
I don't have a digital camera, Sarah does. I don't have a 40 gig video iPod, or any iPod, for that matter, Sarah does. My cell phone is so old skool and huge, it takes two hands to lift it. Sarah's is nice and small and new. Welcome to being a parent.

Old 06-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #813
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Local Time: 03:46 AM
Just passing through....

I got my camera as a gift...umm...a few years ago...so I can't tell you the price. (but I don't imagine is was much outside your price range)
It's a Canon powershot...5 megapixels (not 6...does that mean I lose? )....takes video, real easy to use - numerous settings but nothing too complex. I've never had any problems with it.
Oh, and the screen moves and flips and stuff...which comes in handy.

Of course, if you were looking for cheap, I got a 5 dollar digital camera at canadian tire that can be apparently be used as a web came ( doubtful ) takes video and pics.....of course, it's got the quality of a cell camera..but still it's itty bitty and was 5 bucks!
Old 06-29-2007, 10:31 PM   #814
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~
5 megapixels (not 6...does that mean I lose? )
I think Sarah's is 4, if I'm not mistaken? I think that's what was standard when she got it? And it's just fine. Actually, I've heard (probably in the techie thread) that the bigger they get, the more distorted the pics are??

Missy, you have a thread to reply to.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:33 PM   #815
Blue Crack Distributor

what model do you have Bri? Canon's were recommended in Vorsprung..

And VP, if anyone gets the better stuff, it's me, dammit. I worked for it. Kids have to learn they can't just get everything they want dammit!

BTW, she wanted a cellphone, and again, that cost money per month. So I gave her my old one, and got a camera phone for myself right before Hawaii. Now she wants text messaging added, which is more money per month, not to mention I'm sure she'd like a "cooler" phone. Not that she always takes it with her and has it on

Parenthood

My current camera is an HP, 3.2 MP
Old 06-29-2007, 10:34 PM   #816
Blue Crack Addict

I just bought a canon powershot $279 from Costco.

Lila I'd let her have your old one save for a nice one for yourself. Get her something else on her list. I wouldn't spend more than $100 on a camera for someone in high school.

offers wine
Old 06-29-2007, 10:37 PM   #817
Blue Crack Distributor

thanks redkat

I don't know what else to do. I could give her cash. But I don't know if that's what she'd rather have. Then again, if I got the camera, I might need to borrow it on occasion...
Old 06-29-2007, 10:37 PM   #818
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
what model do you have Bri? Canon's were recommended in Vorsprung..

And VP, if anyone gets the better stuff, it's me, dammit. I worked for it. Kids have to learn they can't just get everything they want dammit!

BTW, she wanted a cellphone, and again, that cost money per month. So I gave her my old one, and got a camera phone for myself right before Hawaii. Now she wants text messaging added, which is more money per month, not to mention I'm sure she'd like a "cooler" phone. Not that she always takes it with her and has it on

Parenthood
Maddy sounds like a good kid. Sarah isn't materialistic. She didn't even want a cell phone till she got it. They she got playing with it, and she's like "this is the coolest thing ever, how did I live without it?" But she's never been much for talking on the phone, anyway. She's just on a pay as you go plan, because she hardly uses it. And now that she's older, it's like pulling teeth trying to find out what she wants for gifts. Usually, her response is "oh, just money for clothes is fine."
Old 06-29-2007, 10:39 PM   #819
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: Gettin' hot in a photobooth....livin it up in Ikeaville
Local Time: 03:46 AM
To be honest, I haven't a clue the significance of megapixels....I just wanted to be cool like everyone else.

Lila, it's the powershot A95. It came with everything, (even a set of batteries!!) and I lurve it.
The flippity screen I cannot overemphasive....very handy. And good zoom too.
Not to mention, the photoprogram that came with it is also easy and handy...not that I'm an expert.
This is my first dig camera.

VP...thread, what thread?

And my cell phone is soooo old. But I still love it. I've been looking at new ones, but I can't justify the prices yet I can't deny myself some of the gadjets...so I keep my tried and true friend blue.
Pay as you go

Not if only Tre and I could figure out why we can't text eachother
Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 PM   #820
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Texting Tre. Hmmm.

I have a digital camera that I bought in Tokyo, because I thought it'd be neat to have a camera that I physically bought in Tokyo. And so far, it's been pretty cool. See that fucked up photo of me in my profile? The camera from Tokyo took it.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 PM   #821
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by ~BrightestStar~

VP...thread, what thread?

And my cell phone is soooo old. But I still love it. I've been looking at new ones, but I can't justify the prices yet I can't deny myself some of the gadjets...so I keep my tried and true friend blue.
Pay as you go

Not if only Tre and I could figure out why we can't text eachother
You know what thread.

I don't even think my phone works anymore. I haven't put $$ on it for a few months, and just before that, I got a letter from my company saying the model is becoming obsolete. Again, I hardly ever use it, so I can't justify getting a new one. Although both Sarah and I will be needing one when she goes to school in the fall, and we'll be needing to get on a plan, too.

I'm shopping around for a plan with decent long distance rates.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:44 PM   #822
Blue Crack Distributor

Thanks for the info guys - trying to make sure Maddy isn't materialistic. That's the last thing I need If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I wasn't gonna get a new phone or get her one either, but a phone was on her Xmas list last year, and we were going to Hawaii for the concert, so... I tried to get myself a cheap camera phone and gave her my old one. Her dad has the same old one as well. You should have seen him cursing it in the car last week, trying to dial and drive on the way to the Police show. So happy we weren't sitting together
Old 06-29-2007, 10:49 PM   #823
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys - trying to make sure Maddy isn't materialistic. That's the last thing I need
If she was raised not to be, I'm sure she won't be. And even if she does go through a brief stage of it during adolescence, I'm sure it won't be lasting, and she'll revert to normal in no time.

It's weird, Sarah has always gotten plenty, she's an only child, and on both sides, the only grandchild in many years (she has a ton of older cousins)...but yet she's never expected it, or had a sense of entitlement about it. And, I've always had the sense that she'd be just as content without the things, which makes me happy.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #824
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Texting Tre. Hmmm.

I have a digital camera that I bought in Tokyo, because I thought it'd be neat to have a camera that I physically bought in Tokyo. And so far, it's been pretty cool. See that fucked up photo of me in my profile? The camera from Tokyo took it.
GFY
Old 06-29-2007, 10:50 PM   #825
Blue Crack Addict

At least Maddy doesn't need earbuds.