The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate that the 2 of you are Sox fans. Damn you both. Randhail too.

Why are there no other Yankee fans in here? I mean people that just root for the Yanks, not for every single team that plays in the NYC area.

Fuck. I'm outgunned.

Hewson said:
Your mulitiple gag jobs down the stretch cost you John.
Pressure baseball is not your friend, you should seek a trade to Tampa Bay or Pittsburgh.

Oh well, I'm just glad that I play for the team that won the most games in baseball between July 1, 2006 and the last day of the 2007 season. I play for a winner. I play for the best manager in baseball. One of these seasons we'll go into the ALDS healthy -- and then we'll see a competitive ALDS. :wink:

phanan said:
Yeah, go to Tampa Bay. So you can pitch against the Red Sox three or four times a year. :wink:

I look forward to pitching against the Red Sox next year. In our last 7 games against them during the 2007 regular season, we were 4-3. :wink: Would have been much better against them last season overall but at the beginning of the season they caught us in the midst of a nightmare 1-8 stretch. Yep, they were pretty lucky. :wink:

John Lackey said:

I look forward to pitching against the Red Sox next year.
Really?
The Red Sox would love to face you 162 times in 2008 John as indicated by the 3 starts you made against them in 2007 when you lost 10-1, 8-4 and 4-0 in the ALDS.
You're welcome in the visitors dugout at Fenway anytime Johnny.

No spoken words said:

Why are there no other Yankee fans in here? I mean people that just root for the Yanks, not for every single team that plays in the NYC area.

Fuck. I'm outgunned.

I like how you put the "fans not like Mr Pryck" clause in there. :wink:

oh_snap.jpg

No spoken words said:

Fuck. I'm outgunned.

There's even three Phillies fans in here. You need to start recruiting.

phillyfan26 said:

There's even three Phillies fans in here. You need to start recruiting.
He could set up alters like George Posatta or Allick Rodreegez. John Lackey's appearance doubled the number of Angie fans.

Who's the 3rd Phillie fan?

I love how people are spinning this as a "loss" for Boras/ARod. How the hell, exactly, is a $275MM contract any kind of loss? Did people actually think he was going to get $350MM? I figured no way he'd get $300...I thought he could maybe get 8 years @ $30MM per, but I didn't ever see him getting 10 years at that rate.

Bottom line, that's a serious shitload of money.

CTU2fan said:
I love how people are spinning this as a "loss" for Boras/ARod. How the hell, exactly, is a $275MM contract any kind of loss? Did people actually think he was going to get $350MM? I figured no way he'd get $300...I thought he could maybe get 8 years @ $30MM per, but I didn't ever see him getting 10 years at that rate.

Bottom line, that's a serious shitload of money.

Aside from Boras having to scrape his face off the floor with a trowel -- no, it's not much of a loss at all.

Nope, but he's popped in from time to time over the season to throw in a "Go Phils" here and there. And after they got eliminated too, he congratulated the Rockies.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

... yet somehow carl pohlad still claims he can't afford to keep torri hunter.

Watch what you say about carl pohlad, zoney gave me a cyber-whoopin for that :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

... yet somehow carl pohlad still claims he can't afford to keep torri hunter.

He'd probably be better off keeping that Johann Santana Bach guy instead.

DaveC said:

Nate Dogg's been around before.

:yes:

He just doesn't post on the board in general as often as Dave and I.

Then again, Dave's in college and I'm in high school, so ... that's probably why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom