The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DaveC said:
I have yet to hear a sentence containing the words "Jon Lester" that does NOT also contain the word "cancer".

:|

Yeah, this post-game coverage is horrendous.

Nice timing of A-Rod opting out of his contract. I really hope the Red Sox don't go after him. Seriously. I think Mike Lowell does ok.

No spoken words said:
The Red Sox should have too much organizational pride, not to mention intelligence, to go for a me first prick like A-Rod.

Setting that aside, I can't figure out why John Henry wants 32-year-old A-Rod for 7 years/$210MM when he could probably have 33-year-old Mike Lowell for 3 years/$36MM at most.

Also, that other guy that the Marlins threw in to the Hanley+Anibal trade -- that Josh Beckett chap -- he's a decent player as well.

Where else could he realistically go? You have to have a huge payroll. Dodgers, maybe. Cubs? Doubt it. Yanks are out. Sox too. So, unless a surprise team makes a splash, he's off to Anaheim.

Dalton said:
A guy in Grand Rapids ran a marathon today - on stilts.

In February of 1996 I attended the IHL All-Star game in Grand Rapids.

My 2nd ever business trip.

It was very cold.

And it was Grand Rapids.

It was the now defunct IHL.

I had a really great time.

Keep Lowell for at least two years for less than it would cost for A-Rod for one year, no one likes him in New York, or Texas, and even less people like him in Boston, fans certainly wouldn't embrace him if the ownership sent Lowell packing and paid A-Rod more than $30m a year. I hope he's out of this league and on the Cubs or Dodgers, but Anaheim can have him for all I care although he's not really their kind of player.

The entity I was working for was televising the All-Star game and Skills Competition. For the IHL. Because we were lame. And so I was there. I ate at a Wendy's not too far from the arena. I cried myself to sleep one of the nights I was there. But, again, it was an awesome trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom