The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2 - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2007, 12:24 AM   #811
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 03:10 AM
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Good for Bonds.

The whole country cheered on Mark McGwire when he was breaking and broke the season record even seeing he was as big as a house. Everybody knew and nobody cared. I guess they liked his attitude better.

Old 08-08-2007, 12:51 AM   #812
War Child

Local Time: 02:10 AM
boo

sad day for baseball

Old 08-08-2007, 01:55 AM   #813
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:10 AM
I was at a sushi place and I saw it live, the whole bar went crazy..

I was excited

and jeeze they had 20 security guards around that guy, I remember SC was talking about the ball like a week ago and they said it'll go for 3.2 mil when he hits it
Old 08-08-2007, 02:20 AM   #814
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 08-08-2007, 02:59 AM   #815
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint
Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Good for Bonds.

The whole country cheered on Mark McGwire when he was breaking and broke the season record even seeing he was as big as a house. Everybody knew and nobody cared. I guess they liked his attitude better.
At the time, McGwire claimed to be using only androstenedione, which was legal under both Federal law and baseball rules.

After the publication of Juiced and McGwire's performance in front of Congress, he has definitely paid the price (at least for now).
Old 08-08-2007, 09:18 AM   #816
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:40 AM
Steroids don't make you a home run hitter. Steroids don't make you big and strong. You still have to do the workouts and training, it helps your body recover so you can train harder than others. Bonds has done nothing that others weren't doing. He was just a better athlete. He still has to have the hand-eye coordination,skill and mental strength to hit the ball year after year. Granted, his extra strength has turned some flyouts in big parks into homeruns but he isn't the only one to be dabbling in the juice.

So good for him, even though he is a jerk.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:08 AM   #817
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Yay Barry. Boo Barry. Whatever. I'm purely indifferent about the whole thing. Lets just move on. Thank God no more constant ESPN coverage, no more Sportscenter cutins, and hopefully no more Pedro Gomez.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #818
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

What's great about all of this is that one day, barring injury, Alex Rodriguez will break this record. Whether or not he does it as a Yankee remains to be seen, but when he does, no one will give a shit about Bonds and his alleged Shenangans.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:51 AM   #819
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
Yay Barry. Boo Barry. Whatever. I'm purely indifferent about the whole thing. Lets just move on. Thank God no more constant ESPN coverage, no more Sportscenter cutins, and hopefully no more Pedro Gomez.
You'll hear a lot about 756 for the next few weeks
Old 08-08-2007, 11:22 AM   #820
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by speedracer

At the time, McGwire claimed to be using only androstenedione, which was legal under both Federal law and baseball rules.

After the publication of Juiced and McGwire's performance in front of Congress, he has definitely paid the price (at least for now).
McGwire juiced, took a performance enhancing product. Isn't the point of all the supposed complaints that Bonds took a performance enhancing products? Cocaine is illegal both federally and in baseball. I don't see any astericks for cocaine users.

Legality isn't the question. Designer performance enhancing drugs are created all the time and it takes time for both the feds and baseball to catch up.

If I'm correct, at the time of the Congressional hearings, McGwire
no longer held the single season homerun record ( a record he held for about 10 minutes) and had no significance in the record books. The press and the public will flex their newfound sense of moral outrage as they will.

Baseball doesn't need records to be broken right now for its financial security. When it does again, it will look the other way. When fans want the excitement again of a broken record, they will look the other way. And when the fans want the press to share their excitement, the press will look the other way. All this moral flexing is such a joke.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/ope...ks_for_bar.htm
Old 08-08-2007, 12:05 PM   #821
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
Steroids don't make you a home run hitter. Steroids don't make you big and strong. You still have to do the workouts and training, it helps your body recover so you can train harder than others. Bonds has done nothing that others weren't doing. He was just a better athlete. He still has to have the hand-eye coordination,skill and mental strength to hit the ball year after year. Granted, his extra strength has turned some flyouts in big parks into homeruns but he isn't the only one to be dabbling in the juice.

So good for him, even though he is a jerk.

Quote:
In other reports, HGH appears to reduce stress, improve focus and concentration and help build self-esteem and self-confidence. Raising HGH levels has also been known to reverse a decline in memory and cognitive performance. In one study performed on adult male patients deficient in HGH, Dutch researchers, headed by Jan Berend Deijem, M.D., found HGH deficiency to be associated with impairments in iconic memory (the ability to process flashes of information), short-term memory, long-term memory and perceptual motor skills such as hand-eye coordination.
http://www.seniormag.com/caregiverre...ticles/hgh.htm
Old 08-08-2007, 12:06 PM   #822
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by randhail
, and hopefully no more Pedro Gomez.
Seriously. I've had just about all I can take from that jock-sniffer.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #823
Rock n' Roll Doggie

That passage doesn't automatically make the logical leap that a person with normal HGH levels would find hand-eye coordination improved by taking more HGH. It says that a person deficient in HGH might find improvement by normalizing the levels. I'm not saying that the HGH in higher levels than normal wouldn't increase eye-hand coordination. I'm just saying that passage quoted doesn't go there.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #824
Blue Crack Addict

In the end, I really don't care that Barry Bonds is the new homerun king. I always respected Bonds as a player and I always enjoyed the fact that he gave the media a hard time.

I also feel that the way MLB handled the steroid era is duplicitous (at best), but I am concerned with the general lack of concern in many Americans and in many corners of sports media regarding the fact that this man cheated to achieve the record.

Now, I think it is fair to say that he has never: tested positive, admitted to using any performance enhancing drugs, or been indicted on charges relating to the above. That's fine. By law, every person should have the right to a fair shake. BUT, the circumstantial evidence is overwhelmingly against Barry Bonds. It worries me that so many people are willing to jump on his bandwaggon and make excuses for him.

To me that makes no sense. I can't stand it when I turn on my radio and hear callers trying to justify his actions by saying, "Yeah I think he cheated, but so did other players." "Yeah, he cheated but major league baseball knew about it." Or the one I heard this morning that almost made my head explode, "Yeah I think he cheated, but so did Lance Armstrong."

I'm going to sound like my grandmother here, but what ever happened to "two wrongs do not make a right"?

It would be unfair to take Bond's record away from him or put an asterisks next to his record if they cannot prove (with evidence) that he did take the drugs, but that does not mean that the American public needs to lower our standards of fair play and celebrate him.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #825
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by BonosSaint
That passage doesn't automatically make the logical leap that a person with normal HGH levels would find hand-eye coordination improved by taking more HGH. It says that a person deficient in HGH might find improvement by normalizing the levels. I'm not saying that the HGH in higher levels than normal wouldn't increase eye-hand coordination. I'm just saying that passage quoted doesn't go there.

I realize that. I read a article in a medical journal a year or so ago linking HGH with increased hand eye coordination, but I can't find it right now for the life of me. That article simply shows it as a possibility.