The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting semi-brawl at the Ms/As game today. Did anyone else catch that?

Poor Ichiro ... he was just standing NEAR the ball after it was kicked away from home plate, and next thing you know, the As pitcher is shoving him and then you know what always happens after that.

corianderstem said:
Interesting semi-brawl at the Ms/As game today. Did anyone else catch that?

Poor Ichiro ... he was just standing NEAR the ball after it was kicked away from home plate, and next thing you know, the As pitcher is shoving him and then you know what always happens after that.

That Ichiro ... he's an instigator.

:lol:

Yeah, Ichiro just backed away, Ellison jumped in to defend Ichiro and Blanton just towered over him. That was kind of funny.

thank goodness for instant reply - I turned away from the TV for two seconds, and then all of a sudden both teams are on the field. Say whaaaaaat?

Then the fans boo Ichiro! He was just standing there! An innocent bystander!

And then we won anyway. Suck it, Oakland.

I hate the All-Star break. I want my baseball this week! It would distract me from the impending heat. :(

phanan said:
I don't bother watching the All-Star game, but I just happened to click on it while passing through the channels to see Ichiro's inside the park home run.

He didn't even break a sweat.

FUDGE, I missed it! :mad:

I'm sure I'll get to see umpteen million replays on the local news and future Mariners games.

Bases loaded, down by 1 run, two out in the bottom of the ninth, and Tony Larussa leaves Albert Pujols on the bench? How did this guy win two World Series again?

speedracer said:
Bases loaded, down by 1 run, two out in the bottom of the ninth, and Tony Larussa leaves Albert Pujols on the bench? How did this guy win two World Series again?

I was asking myself the same thing.

Pujols loves to whine. Lots and lots. My mother, who is a huge Cardinals fan, and usually blindly defensive (she thinks it's nuts that we don't like Rolen), even admits this fact.

Hewson said:
His off the field image has never been exactly cuddly.

Really? I dont mean to challenge b/c I seriously am stunned. All I have heard about is his great relationship with his wife, a hard work ethic and he is an all around good guy? Am I missing something?

Well, I am a Cub fan.

And I hate Rolen too. Not just b/c he's a Cardinal, but b/c of how he was in Philly. :tsk:

phillyfan26 said:
Pujols loves to whine. Lots and lots. My mother, who is a huge Cardinals fan, and usually blindly defensive (she thinks it's nuts that we don't like Rolen), even admits this fact.

Yeah, but this time Pujols has a right to be pissed. Larussa clearly screwed up (strategically speaking) by not pinch-hitting Pujols for Rowand at the end of the game, but the far bigger mistake was insisting that he made the right move instead of just apologizing.

Also, the Padres are going to be plenty pissed off at Larussa when Mike Lowell drives in the winning run of Game 7 at Fenway.

LaRussa thinks it was wise to save Pujols for later. My thinking is b/c he didn't use the guy, there was no later.

There's been talk about not having a position for Pujols after he hit. Meh, just put him in left field. He did that for a while...poorly, but hey. Better than losing.

But I'm just a Cubs fan and I don't think the Padres are going to make it. This is the year baby. Go Cubs!

:shifty: first, lets get past the Brew Crew.

Oh, and JD Drew...:madspit:

Got Philk? said:

Really? I dont mean to challenge b/c I seriously am stunned. All I have heard about is his great relationship with his wife, a hard work ethic and he is an all around good guy? Am I missing something?

He has done some grousing before the All Star game, groused about Howard beating him for MVP last year and a few other incidents.
I agree he had a right to be a tad pissed this week, but should have kept it private, especially since LaRussa is his own manager.

phanan said:
If you're looking for Police tix, they released Fenway seats...see the thread in B&C for links, not thru Ticketmaster, thru Red Sox, etix.
And get a 2nd mortgage.
Decent seats though, A3 Saturday, A5 Sunday if you wanna pay the $225 plus per seat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom