The Super Terrific MLB Thread - Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
corianderstem said:
I don't know the length/details of his contract with Seattle, but as the Mariners' only star player, I hope they pay him whatever he wants to stay.
The M's are gonna lose him, its just a question of do they trade him July 31 or does he walk in the fall.

I hope to god Ichiro stays at least one more year OR goes to Boston.. I'd be happy with that too because I'm a M's as well as a Red sox fan too, nobody better than the Red Sox to beat the yankees in ALCS '04 :yes:

phanan said:

You knew this appearance was coming...
But lets be fair (weathered), his absence from this thread from late April till early June while the Yanks were floundering in Devil Ray territory was because he was busy.
It happens.:wink:

I've been in here pretty much the whole season, so, can I enjoy the Yanks win streak a little?

Again, I just don't see them catching the Sox, but, I'm just glad they've climbed back to respectability. If you told me they'd have this record at this stage of the season, I'd have not been pleased, but considering their start, I'll take it. Just hope the Mets don't kick our asses back into reality. The Subway Series is always great for Mr. Pryck, he can't lose.

Then again, someone at my new job roots for the Red Sox and the Yankees, and he expects me to have respect for that, so there are a lot of Prycks out there.

Went to the Cub/M's game on Wed night...was fun to see Ichiro in person. He's friggin fast.

Well, he's just so danged little! I bet he's greased up, too. If the first baseman tries to catch him, he just slips right out of his grasp - whooooops!

Well, for the record, I'll be rooting more for the Yanks this weekend. But, the Mets are doing poorly, so some wins for them would help get them on track.
Now, of course I can understand rooting for the Yanks and the Mets because they are in different leagues, but rooting for the Red Sox and the Yanks doesn't work for me. If you root for both those teams, then you're not a pryck, you're an asshole. Lol!

No spoken words said:
I've been in here pretty much the whole season, so, can I enjoy the Yanks win streak a little?

okay... but just for a little while :wink:

met fans everywhere seem to be jumping off the ledge. me? i'm not concearned. they had a bad slump last year, too.. it just happened after they were already up 15 games on the next closest team.

why am i not worried? simple... they've been god awful for 2 weeks now. when the hitting's good the pitching isn't, when the pitching has been good the hitting hasn't been. :shrug: happens... but here's the thing... it's not like they had a 10+ game lead when they went into this slide... yet here they are, mired in a 2 week slump, and they still have a 2 game lead on the division. if the phillies or braves were really that good, they would have taken full advantage of this slide and taken over 1st by now. they haven't.

they just have to get through the next week and a half and they'll be fine... everyone knew june was gonna be a very tough month... maybe not this tough, but when you play every single playoff team from last year and combine it with a rash of outfield injuries, well, shit happens.

With the new policy of thread post limits, this thread has a chance to beat Barry Bonds to 756!

MrPryck2U said:
Now, of course I can understand rooting for the Yanks and the Mets because they are in different leagues,

Which really means absolutely nothing.

phillyfan26 said:
With the new policy of thread post limits, this thread has a chance to beat Barry Bonds to 756!

It should most definitely beat it.

But it won't be the same as trying to accomplish it as before. It will have an asterik next to it.

You know, like Bonds.

You can't stop Dustin Pedroia. You can only hope to contain him.

Headache, thanks for the permission. :) Well pitched game tonight, sucks Yanks had to lose but it just was not their night. Clemens looked pretty good, at least. Reyes, fucking guy.

If I were a Met fan I'd not panic either. That team's too good to play poorly for too long. Witness tonight.

I had fun!

WildHoneyAlways said:

If you'd like to make yourself feel better you can check out the White Sox bullpen for the next 3 games. :up:

It worked...Phillies fans are all up after a Sweep!

What is it with the Cubs these days? Start off with Pinella going nuts, Then, we are punching teammates. Then we are throwing beanballs at Renteria, which leads to Edgar Renteria putting a forarm into Fontenot's nose. Now Lee will be suspended for swinging(and missing unfortunately) at Young of the Padres.

Should I like this new attitude? :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom