The Police Tour '07 - Part 2 - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #436
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 02:41 AM
I was stuck in Tickets.com virtual waiting room hell for the Wrigley show. I was trying to get in to help a guy here at work and only got through once after an hour in their "waiting room", and they were crappy $94 seats with an obstructed view. I'd almost prefer Ticketmaster than dealing with this stuff, at least I'd know right away if I could pull up tickets or not!

Old 03-26-2007, 12:24 PM   #437
Blue Crack Addict

I just got tickets for July 5th and 6th in Wrigley Field (Chicago)

I'm at center stage ... the 10th row one night and the 14th row the following night.

I paid a huge "bundle" for these locations, and that's alright ... I would pay 'any price' to actually SEE Sting, Andy and Stewart play again ... since I can afford it !!

Old 03-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #438
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
how'd you get the 6th? I didn't think that was officially announced yet, or on Tickets.com/the Police tour site??
Old 03-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #439
Blue Crack Addict

Oh my goodness ... I was trying to send an E-Mail to my co-workers about the dates that 'The Police' were coming to town, and somehow some of that got on my post at Interference??

My post should have read like this ...
Quote:
Originally posted by MsMofoGone
I just got tickets for July 5th in Wrigley Field (Chicago)

I'm at center stage ... the 10th row on this night, and my friends are in the 11th (the following row behind me)
I went through TotalTickets.com ... and had the same hassle.
Although, shopping for the more expensive tickets, I think, gave me a shorter wait time ... it only took me 20 minutes.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:49 PM   #440
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by clifedge
Churchill Downs tickets went on sale today. I got a seat on the dirt track for $50! Over on the side (section D13), but still, not bad at all.
That's where I am too! I'm pretty excited. Judging from the seating chart, they don't look like bad seats. Plus for $50, that means I can blow some extra money at the riverboat or something. However, I have a feeling that when I get there, I'll have a strict side view of the stage, and only see the band when sting walks to the very front of the stage.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:34 PM   #441
She's the One

Local Time: 11:41 PM
Stewart Copeland was in my dream last night. He's strong, and a decent kisser.
Old 03-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #442
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Oh my goodness ... I was trying to send an E-Mail to my co-workers about the dates that 'The Police' were coming to town, and somehow some of that got on my post at Interference??

My post should have read like this ...

I went through TotalTickets.com ... and had the same hassle.
Although, shopping for the more expensive tickets, I think, gave me a shorter wait time ... it only took me 20 minutes.
I gotcha, I thought you had the inside goods!! I think a radio station has unofficially announced the date, but nothing on the sites yet. I'm sure it won't be long now.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:03 PM   #443
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl416

I gotcha, I thought you had the inside goods!! I think a radio station has unofficially announced the date, but nothing on the sites yet. I'm sure it won't be long now.
Well, I see totaltickets.com now has the 6th listed as a show date ... (funny, it wasn't listed this morning) although, no sections/locations come up when I try to access that date !!
Old 03-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #444
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

Well, I see totaltickets.com now has the 6th listed as a show date ... (funny, it wasn't listed this morning) although, no sections/locations come up when I try to access that date !!
it seems someone always knows something that we don't! maybe they're just anticipating? I'm hoping they go through with the 6th, it'd work out better for me anyway, going on a Friday, i.e. no work the next day.
Old 03-26-2007, 07:53 PM   #445
ONE
love, blood, life

Due to overwhelming demand which resulted in the sold out first date, The Police Tour Fan Club is happy to announce that The Police have added a new tour date to their North American tour. The new date is:
July 6 - Chicago, IL at Wrigley Field.

The presale for the second Chicago show will begin on Thu. Mar. 29 at 10am local time.

Thur. Mar. 29 Members-Only Presale @ 10:00 am local time
July 6 - Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
Old 03-26-2007, 11:09 PM   #446
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat

That's where I am too! I'm pretty excited. Judging from the seating chart, they don't look like bad seats. Plus for $50, that means I can blow some extra money at the riverboat or something. However, I have a feeling that when I get there, I'll have a strict side view of the stage, and only see the band when sting walks to the very front of the stage.
I know, that's what I was afraid of too...the seats were cheap for a reason. But the angle on the chart doesn't look so bad.
Old 03-28-2007, 11:33 AM   #447
War Child

Here's a webpage all the Louisville show attendees may be interested in. It's fan reviews of the Rolling Stones concert there last year, and it includes a lot of details about the venue itself, which a lot of people may find helpful.

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/louisville.htm

A lot of the reviews kind of make the venue sound like a mess of a place to host a concert.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:45 PM   #448
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
Stewart Copeland was in my dream last night. He's strong, and a decent kisser.

Martha

Old 03-28-2007, 04:47 PM   #449
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by clifedge
Here's a webpage all the Louisville show attendees may be interested in. It's fan reviews of the Rolling Stones concert there last year, and it includes a lot of details about the venue itself, which a lot of people may find helpful.

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/louisville.htm

A lot of the reviews kind of make the venue sound like a mess of a place to host a concert.

oh great! It sounds like the people on the outer ends of the grandstands will have the worst view. I'm all the way over, but on the race track, so it might not be too bad. I'm still going to go into this with an optimistic attitude, but I kind of wonder why they chose this venue for the Louisville show. Freedom Hall would be a good arena show. I can't figure out why they played a stadium show in Louisville, when not even cities like Phoenix got a stadium. But, there are some actual stadiums in Louisville that would be much better.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:34 PM   #450
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by The_acrobat

oh great! It sounds like the people on the outer ends of the grandstands will have the worst view. I'm all the way over, but on the race track, so it might not be too bad. I'm still going to go into this with an optimistic attitude, but I kind of wonder why they chose this venue for the Louisville show. Freedom Hall would be a good arena show. I can't figure out why they played a stadium show in Louisville, when not even cities like Phoenix got a stadium. But, there are some actual stadiums in Louisville that would be much better.
I know that after the success of the Stones concert, they decided to push to get more big acts to play at Churchill. So I think that it was as much marketing by Downs people as it was Police management wanting to sell as many tickets as possible. 40,000- 50,000 is a lot of tickets, and you know they will sell out. That's why their not playing Freedom Hall. It's easier to play one show at CD then to play multiple shows at Freedom. Plus it will bring in people from Ohio, Tennessee, West Virginia, and elsewhere.

As far as the angle, I still think D13 won't be too bad, Acrobat. It may be sort of an awkward angle, but looking at the chart, it looks waaayyyy better than sections 126 or 127. I'm doing the same as you- just trying to be optimistic about it. I booked my hotel room last night!