The Police Tour '07 - Part 2 - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #256
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:10 AM
I didn't notice there was a Hartford show

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D...ink=tm_home_h5

Old 03-01-2007, 08:04 PM   #257
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

Sting2..

Can you help me with this? You seem to be the all knowledgeable one here regarding the tour. No one else responded as of yet.

The city (wash dc/baltimore) was up on the best buy website for a long time.. and now its gone.. Are they about to announce this one and that is why it was removed..?
I wouldn't say that was the reason. It could be anything even a mistake. One of two things will happen with DC/Baltimore

First Possibility: Arthur Fogel has decided they can't fit DC/Baltimore in on the schedule which is getting tighter for the summer months with the break for the band in August. In this case they plan to return to Washington DC in November to play multiple arena shows. Hershey Stadium may have been added to soak up some of the demand from the DC/Baltimore area not being used on the summer leg, as well any excess demand not being met in New York and Philadephia.

Second Possibility: They will play DC/Baltimore on July 13 or July 14, or after they finish with their New York shows in early August. With Chicago happening sometime between July 5 and July 8, those are really the only times left in the schedule for the summer. There is a strong chance I think for July 13 or July 14 in DC/Baltimore area as long as it does not conflict with Baseball games or other sports events at the stadiums. Plus, they have to be in Cleveland Ohio anyways on July 16 which is just 6 hours west of DC/Baltimore.

If possibility 2 happens, they will probably wait a week or two to announce the DC/Baltimore date. They want to make sure they hit their sales goals in the Philly and Hershey markets, especially Hershey since it is a smaller market. Naturally, they know many DC/Baltimore area fans will decide to go to either Philly or Hershey to insure they see the band this summer, with no DC/Baltimore date to be announced yet.

Old 03-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #258
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

I wouldn't say that was the reason. It could be anything even a mistake. One of two things will happen with DC/Baltimore

First Possibility: Arthur Fogel has decided they can't fit DC/Baltimore in on the schedule which is getting tighter for the summer months with the break for the band in August. In this case they plan to return to Washington DC in November to play multiple arena shows. Hershey Stadium may have been added to soak up some of the demand from the DC/Baltimore area not being used on the summer leg, as well any excess demand not being met in New York and Philadephia.

Second Possibility: They will play DC/Baltimore on July 13 or July 14, or after they finish with their New York shows in early August. With Chicago happening sometime between July 5 and July 8, those are really the only times left in the schedule for the summer. There is a strong chance I think for July 13 or July 14 in DC/Baltimore area as long as it does not conflict with Baseball games or other sports events at the stadiums. Plus, they have to be in Cleveland Ohio anyways on July 16 which is just 6 hours west of DC/Baltimore.

If possibility 2 happens, they will probably wait a week or two to announce the DC/Baltimore date. They want to make sure they hit their sales goals in the Philly and Hershey markets, especially Hershey since it is a smaller market. Naturally, they know many DC/Baltimore area fans will decide to go to either Philly or Hershey to insure they see the band this summer, with no DC/Baltimore date to be announced yet.

thanks so much for that.. I was thinking along those lines today. I will hang in there with as much patience as I can muster...
Old 03-01-2007, 09:41 PM   #259
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Thanks for giving me a one day headstart to the presale, Ticketbastard!

My mom and I are going to the stadium show with the $50 seats so I'm sure they will appear to be about a millimeter tall.
At least they have big jumbotrons and pretty good audio.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 PM   #260
Refugee

Location: The stars at night are big and bright *clap, clap, clap, clap*
Quote:
Originally posted by angry peach
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
And there's nothing wrong with our seats. We just get the bird's eye view of Stewart's tube socks and shorts ensemble.
Good luck to anyone doing the general sale ....

You're so silly!
Old 03-01-2007, 11:49 PM   #261
She's the One

Local Time: 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by PlaTheGreat
they will appear to be about a millimeter tall.
Then Andy will be life-size.
Old 03-02-2007, 12:03 AM   #262
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Fanatic4ever

thanks so much for that.. I was thinking along those lines today. I will hang in there with as much patience as I can muster...
You might enjoy going to two shows in two different cities though. Of course it will require more money and travel, but with cities so much closer in the northeast, you can probably drive home without having to stay the night.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:29 AM   #263
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by martha

Then Andy will be life-size.
LOL!!!!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:33 AM   #264
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I had to get the $90 tickets since the $50 ones were sold out or something. I got great seats though. Section 101.

This means that I have an extra presale code to give away to someone.
PM me or email me (theedgefanATgmail.com) for it. I guess I'll give it to the first one.
Old 03-03-2007, 03:36 PM   #265
Blue Crack Distributor

July 17th, Palace of Auburn Hills, Section 203, Row 4, baby!!!!!!!!

Hey, it's not bad considering I wasn't the one buying tickets and we weren't willing to give up limbs.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #266
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

Hey, it's not bad considering I wasn't the one buying tickets and we weren't willing to give up limbs.
Good seats. You'll be close and looking right down on them.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:13 PM   #267
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

I will see you there April! I got tickets today as well. Row 5 upper deck right beside the stage on Andy Summers side. I hope they play Tea In The Sahara and Synchronicity I and II.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:46 PM   #268
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
<<June 3rd or 4th>>

Option #1 Edmonton #2 if demand is crazy
Option #2 SLC
Option #3 Calgary arena
Option #4 Portland

Or Arena shows in November for these markets.
It was brought up in the "Peel....bills" forum that stadium Edmonton and Toronto #3 went onsale today and still had some unsold tickets by the end of the day.

I just rechecked Toronto and to me it looks like only a couple hundred seats in the balcony behind the stage and some spare seats in the higher price ranges.

Edmonton fans likely bought about 25-30,000 tickets today. Still some OK 225s, but the 60/90 are only available at the far end of the stadium about row 30. As of now it doesn't look like the balcony was opened, whcih should bring capacity to upwards of 45-50,000.

I thought Edm was going to sell clean because the fans in the city obviously aren't saving their money for Oilers playoff tickets. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the last non-festival Stadium concert in Alberta was Popmart and Bridges to Babylon. Bigger Bang played Stadiums in Vancouver and Regina with an Arena in Calgary.

u2fp
Old 03-04-2007, 08:52 AM   #269
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

A Vancouver rehearsal setlist has surfaced on thepolicetour.com

I can't read the last one listed because part of the song title is blocked by a jiffy marker.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:15 AM   #270
you are what you is

Local Time: 06:10 AM
if the European leg will not tak ethem to Belfast or Dublin I might have to investigate a trip back to The Netherlands

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa