The Official Post-Concert Withdrawl Syndrome Support Group Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
conversation in the audioscrobbler thread got me thinking. we're all nuts. those of us who go insane after a concert and listen to the band who we just saw nonstop for days on end, anyway. so this is for anyone who has ever gone to a show, and fallen victim to their repeat button. anyone who has ever initially disliked a song on record, but found themselves listening to it constantly after hearing it live. anyone who has ever gone to a second show (in or outside of reasonable driving distance) the next night because the show the night before was so great. anyone who has foregone listening to other bands for a week (or longer) because they can't get [insert band name here] out of their cd player after a show. you guys are, for the most part, rabid music fans. come on, i know i'm not alone.

me personally, i saw the street dogs twice, last friday and saturday, and even though they only have 2 albums (i've got an early demo and a bootleg to throw into the mix, or early dropkick murphys if i just feel like hearing mccolgan singing), i've listened almost exclusively to them for nearing on a week now.

Does driving from Minneapolis to Kansas City like a bat out of hell through near-blizzard conditions to see a couple of bands I'd just seen four times in the previous four days count? :D

If I had more money and fewer responsibilities I'd be one frightening fan.... :reject:

Yeah, I went to Houston and Dallas back to back, and today is the first day since then that I haven't been totally depressed.

ack! i just saw nine inch nails tonite, and i totally want to go see them again. philadelphia isn't that far away . . . :hmm:

as to listening to a band constantly after seeing them, i generally do the opposite and swear off listening to that band for a few months. unless if the show was REALLY good.

my name is bollox, and im a concert-aholic.

Saw You Am I, greatest Aussie band live EVA (and why they're not famous all over teh world I don't know :madspit: ) on Saturday and have been playing their CDs over and over since.

Especially in the car so I can join in and freak out the other motorists when I do this :rockon:

:happy:

I would have to agree with the "if I had more money, I'd be a scarier fan" statement. As for U2, during the last tour my roommate and I drove to see them in South Bend, Chicago, Providence (over 12 hours) and St. Louis (10 hours). I've flown to St. Louis and Chicago for sererval shows as well for other bands. But lately, I've had to put a halt to such behavior...I just can't fucking afford it anymore.

:mad:

And concert-hangover-depression is the worst...

i did this with maroon5:reject:...i had never heard them before they came and played a show at my school. i bought "songs about jane that night, and didn't take it out of the cd player for about a month. it lost some of its greatness after i heard the songs on the radio way to much, but i will still stab you in the jaw if you rag on this band!

same thing happened after i saw tegan and sara open for the killers, and after the kOl/secret machines show.

after you hear the songs live, it seems like you connect with them more. you can put a face to the songs, plus you are in the same room that the music is being made in, which is an experience simply listening to an album can never create (but it does come close once you've heard the songs live!)

i'd see Kings of Leon every night of my life if i could.

i didn't want their set to end when they played the Reading festival this year:rockon: :sad:

i don't make a lot of money, and i don't have a credit card, but last weekend definitely cost me around $300. i was supposed to be saving that. i would have gladly gone on to buffalo to see the street dogs on monday (i think the albany date got cancelled). stupid real life getting in the way. :down:

Ticket for U2 show November 4th- $183.00
Cat food I will be eating for dinner in November- $2.50
Memories I will have from the November 4th show for the rest of my life- PRICELESS!!!

"And concert-hangover-depression is the worst... [/B][/QUOTE]

You got that right! It's an absolute bitch! lol. If were more financially stable than I would attend more concerts. The 2 U2 ones I went to see on this tour just didn't satisfy my addiction,lol. Oh and I will admit Im one of those that listens to the band constantly just after having seen them in concert! Comforting to see that Im not alone with my "problem",hehe.

Last edited:
:up: to this thread! Finally a place to talk about this! :D

I pretty much do this with every concert I go to...

May: Snow Patrol -- listened to "Final Straw" and a bootleg of the live dvd for the next month constantly

Coldplay - listened to bootlegs and albums for two weeks after the concert...

until I went to see Oasis, Jet, and Kasabian -- I had not really been a HUGE Oasis fan at that point... after the concert at the end of September (which I drove to Atlanta from South Florida for, btw) I listened to Oasis constantly until about a week ago...

when I realized that U2 was coming up for me this week! :hyper:

I am doing 5 Vertigo concerts in one week... (again going to Atlanta for two of them!) and I don't even want to think about the state I'll be in after next week... :crazy:

my audioscrobbler weekly chart for last week says it all.
#1 - Street Dogs - 269 plays

exactly 200 more plays that the clash, who were #2. :ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom