The Official NFL Thread, Part Two - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #286
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:45 AM
if the bears, in week 17 of the NFL season, are actually considering a QB change... well... that doesn't say much about the bears chances at a super bowl now does it.

coughlin demoted hufnagel... way to wait till there's one week left in the season to make a change, slugger.

michael strahan is a pussy.

the bengals got kicked in the nuts.

best division? well, the NFC East could easily end up with three playoff teams... that doesn't really tell you how good the NFC East is, just how bad the NFC is. it's hard to pick best division based on wins due to the NFL scheduling... a team that's really an 8 win team last year plays a tough schedule, wins only 4, gets an easy schedule this year, wins 10, and people think they're great... i'd have to go with the AFC West... they have three teams that could easily be the #1 seed if they moved over to the NFC in San Diego, Denver and Kansas City. heck, even the 2-13 raiders have a good defense.

my nightmare = the giants getting blown out next week but still getting into the playoffs, winning a first round game in the shitty NFC, getting bounced in the 2nd round and coughlin keeps his job.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:45 AM   #287
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 08:45 AM
The Bears are not considering a QB change this week. As for Rex choking in the playoffs this year. . .well, I can't say. I don't think it will be because of him if the Bears lose though. Tank comes back this week so we'll see what the D looks like with his return.

I do know that Rex played pretty well again Carolina last year. The reason the Bear were one and done was because of the defense. (Peanut Tillman, I'm looking at you.) Steve Smith embarrassed them.

As for Tank's status:
He is, for all purposes, on house arrest. He can only leave for work. He also is not allowed to drive himself to and from work. Tank is not allowed to leave the state without permission. This won't be a problem for him as the Bear have home field throughout. If the Bear make it to the Superbowl he will have to ask permission to go. Tank has another court date before that so who know what will happen.

And I have to say that I'm mildly annoyed that the Bear/Packer game was moved to Sunday night.

Old 12-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #288
Blue Crack Distributor

well the press... and i know they know nothing so i shouldn't really listen to them... keep saying that they're getting greeeeeeasey more snaps incase rex blows up early in the playoffs so they can switch him quick.

the bears did the same thing last year when cowboy bob orton had the bears set up for a first round bye... but he couldn't get the job done so they had rex champan waiting in the wings 'cause he was soooo good... now rex sucks and they have greaseball waiting in case rex screws up... how about showing a little confidence in your quarterback heading into the playoffs?? even if ya know he sucks... it can't be good for him to be constantly looking over his shoulder.

i mean what is rex grossman thinking? he leads the team to a 13-2 record yet everyone keeps talking about how much he sucks and they should give griese a shot... and then the coach gives griese some snaps last week... grossman must be psychological swiss-cheese at this point.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:55 PM   #289
Blue Crack Addict

The Bears' D might be able to carry them to Miami with 2 games in the elements at Soldier Field.
In sunny Miami, the Bears will get whomped by the Chargers or Pats, or beaten 9-6 in history's least exciting Superbowl by the Ravens.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:56 PM   #290
Blue Crack Distributor

i'm chomping at the bit to bet against marty schottenheimer in the playoffs
Old 12-27-2006, 01:02 PM   #291
Blue Crack Addict

Especially if they are laying big numbers in the divisional round....probably at least a TD considering they'll be coming off a bye...could you imagine the option of taking Brady/Belichick +7.5 in the playoffs vs. Rivers/Schottenheimer...like stealing candy from a baby.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #292
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i'm chomping at the bit to bet against marty schottenheimer in the playoffs
That's a good bet. When it comes to the playoffs, Schottenheimer is the Peyton Manning of coaches. A sure bet to choke!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:07 PM   #293
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by WildHoneyAlways
The Bears are not considering a QB change this week. As for Rex choking in the playoffs this year. . .well, I can't say. I don't think it will be because of him if the Bears lose though. Tank comes back this week so we'll see what the D looks like with his return.

I do know that Rex played pretty well again Carolina last year. The reason the Bear were one and done was because of the defense. (Peanut Tillman, I'm looking at you.) Steve Smith embarrassed them.

That's what I keep thinking all the time too. Everyone from the start of the season had said if the bears can get some offense, the D will do the rest. I think b/c Rex has put up huge numbers, expectations have changed.

That said, we can't have 5 int's in the playoffs. I'm not a bears fan wishing for a qb change at all. I do wonder what Griese would have done, but heck, 13-2? I'm not complaining.

Miss WHA, I too remember Mr. Tillman getting dragged all over the field vs Steve Smith. In fact, Steve Smith wsa the only one who beat the Bears. I kept thinking, "they'll get him help. They have to." But they changed nothing, and nothing changed.

Headache, you sound like a jealous Giants fan.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:08 PM   #294
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

That's a good bet. When it comes to the playoffs, Schottenheimer is the Peyton Manning of coaches. A sure bet to choke!
You could almost say Peyton is the Schottsie of QB's cause Marty's been at it much longer.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:09 PM   #295
Blue Crack Supplier

The Eagles are still befuddling me. I can't believe the defense can play like that.

I'm starting to get excited about them. I don't know if it's a good or bad thing.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:11 PM   #296
Blue Crack Addict

They are peaking at the right time, you take them off a diet of Chunky Soup and put them on a strict diet of sausage and wonders happen.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:17 PM   #297
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?

That's what I keep thinking all the time too. Everyone from the start of the season had said if the bears can get some offense, the D will do the rest. I think b/c Rex has put up huge numbers, expectations have changed.

That said, we can't have 5 int's in the playoffs. I'm not a bears fan wishing for a qb change at all. I do wonder what Griese would have done, but heck, 13-2? I'm not complaining.
If anything, the Bears D hasn't played very well of late, while Grossman has been ok.

Regardless, I don't think the Bears will get to the Super Bowl. The offense is inconsistent while the defense hasn't been as sharp the last few weeks, and I believe that carries over into the playoffs.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:18 PM   #298
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?
Headache, you sound like a jealous Giants fan.
more bitter than jealous, really
Old 12-27-2006, 01:24 PM   #299
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:45 AM
haha, good good. You took it as a joke. I was worried and almost put a in an edit.

Phanan, you're right about the D. I'm a little worried about that myself. We're a different team without Tommie Harris, and honestly Mike Brown, though we're used to not having him. I'm still set on the Super Bowl this year. And I'll be in Miami when that day comes.

by the way, when I say "huge numbers" like I did in my last post, I mean in games, not the overall season. He's had a good season, but not huge. Huge games, not season.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:27 PM   #300
Blue Crack Addict

The Saints will run it up on the Bears suddely weak defense, and Grossman won't be able to keep up.

btw, the Saints are gonna win the whole thing, since we all know the NFL is rigged