The Official NFL Thread, Part Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:
Are you serious?

He's my favorite ESPN asshole, and they have quite a few of them there with their witty little catchphrases.

Booya!

...Boo-no.

I don't think they get hired now unless they're assholes with catchphrases.

ESPNews keeps showing Saban denying he's going to Alabama from a 12/21/06 news conference. What a tool. He should've just said nothing.
PS: When they say it's not about the money, it's about the money.

kellyahern said:

:yes:

There's something oddly relaxing about coming home from a long day at work, turning on the tv, and watching 5 guys argue about sports.

I wish I could be the guy who gives them points and myself a sense of false superiority.

:cute:

MrPryck2U said:
ESPNews keeps showing Saban denying he's going to Alabama from a 12/21/06 news conference. What a tool. He should've just said nothing.
PS: When they say it's not about the money, it's about the money.

It's the money, plus being back in a comfortable college system in the SEC. Also he doesn't have a huge amount of pressure on him like at Miami.

Who's the next Miami coach then? Dom Capers? Mike Mularky?

If it's Mularky I just might by an ice pick for my dad to take him out of his misery

(he's a diehard Dolphin fan)

Last edited:
kellyahern said:

:yes:

There's something oddly relaxing about coming home from a long day at work, turning on the tv, and watching 5 guys argue about sports.

We argue sports at work all day long, so, when I get home, it's the last thing I want to hear or see.

The only pat of that show I ever enjoy is when someone gets muted. I wish I had a mute button that worked on people. Sure, I'd end up muting myself 1/2 the time, but, the other 1/2 of the time it would be great fun.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Also he doesn't have a huge amount of pressure on him like at Miami.

I beg to differ. He'll have a ton of pressure in a very difficult situation.

Chizip said:

you're right, my bad.

oh well, i'll still have that ice pick handy for the inevitable Capers / Mularky hiring.

And Jason Taylor might want out :happy:

Chizip said:

no chance. the guy is in a cake walk.

if he can make LSU a national champion, he certainly can do it with Alabama. he wins there, he'll be a god. he doesn't? he'll take his 36 million dollars to a beach somewhere and sip mai tai's all day. it's a no lose situation.

saban made a fatal error at miami... getting culpepper. that contract is gonna hang over the dolphins heads for the next 2-3 years. they should bite the bullet now and just cut him. so he's got a team in what is quickly becoming the toughest division in all of football, and he has no franchise QB and no franchise RB. i'd have bounced, too.

The only team Belichick might leave the Pats to coach is the Philadelphia Soul, assuming his BFF JBJ can pony up $5mil a year for a coach.:wink:

phanan said:
Keep dreaming.

i am :wink:

he did get his first two rings as a giants assistant under el tuna :hmm:

it certainly is amazing how many former Giants assistant coaches are highly succesful coaches everywhere but with the giants...

sean payton, jeff fox, charlie weiss, belichick, romeo crennel... ok he's not too succesful.

Last edited:
Tank Johnson is screwed. When the police raided his house, they found lots of guns and lots of drugs. Say goodbye to Tank!

Just to be clear, Johnson was not arrested on drug charges. Tank was charged with six counts of possession of a firearm without a gun owner i.d. card. (a misdemeanor.) Tank is in more trouble for violating his probation than for the possession charges. He goes back to court in Cook County, where his earlier probation had been worked out, at the end of this month.

Yesterday ESPN reported that last week's raid on Johnson's home had also uncovered marijuana.
Today is was announced that LT was named the NFL's MVP of 2006.

Today is was announced that LT was named the NFL's MVP of 2006. [/B]

:applaud: :bow: :dancing:

I am so happy, he really deserved it and honestly he is such a nice, humble guy, he is what all NFL players should be. He was even saying he was rooting for Drew Brees to get it, because they are such good friends. Both class acts, and I am sure Drew is happy for LT. Go 21!! Go Bolts!!

Now, if we can just win the Superbowl.....:huh: :wink:

I really do hope LT is not on the Madden cover next year. I like him.

Put Larry Johnson on there or something, he's going to break down next season if he has like 35 carries a game again.

Good job Herm Edwards.

I hear Denny Green is a candidate for the Giants job

Headache in a Suitcase said:

it certainly is amazing how many former Giants assistant coaches are highly succesful coaches everywhere but with the giants...

Same thing as "Vikings assistants highly succesful...":

Brian Billick, Tony Dungy and Jack Del Rio.

Their mentor: Denny Green :yikes:

No wonder Tony Dungy can't get to the Super Bowl. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom