The Official NFL Thread, Part Duex... No TO or Brady Bashing Allowed - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #451
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:57 PM
So New England at Denver and Pittsburgh at Indianapolis next weekend for the AFC. Both should be excellent games.

Denver is always a tough environment to play in, but I just think the Patriots match up very well with them with their run defense, and hopefully the extra week gives Bruschi the time he needs to get back in there to further bolster it.

And I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers gave the Colts a run for their money. Big Ben had just come back from injury the last time they met, and he wasn't exactly hitting his spots. Should be a different story this time around.

I love the playoffs.

Old 01-09-2006, 03:00 AM   #452
Blue Crack Addict

I love how all of a sudden all the Patriots fans are predicting the grand defeat of the Colts (at home, mind you) at the hands of the Steelers.

Wishful thinking in hopes not to meet Peyton and Co. in the AFC Championship, methinks.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:59 AM   #453
Blue Crack Distributor

the steelers are going to get dismantled next week.

they were still losing to the bungles midway through the 3rd quarter with carson palmer in the hospital. peyton is going to rip them a new a-hole.

and the pats will probably do the exact same thing to denver.

here we go again...

when do pitchers and catchers report?
Old 01-09-2006, 08:06 AM   #454
The Fly

Local Time: 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Peyton Manning

Um, I wasn't being shitty, man, I was totally sincere when I said I was sorry and know how it feels. I don't jab people, and I hate to be jabbed myself. You were the better team, you deserve to be moving on instead of them. You shouldn't have posed next to Brady. Avoid him, he is the plague.
the better team wins the game. carolina was the better team and they deserved to win. if we were the better team, we would have won. maybe if it was a close game and carolina was able to squeek one out on a late fluke play you could say that they weren't the better team. but no. they kicked our ass the same way the patriots have historicly kicked your ass.

and i don't want to hear about excuses about curses, family jinxes, blah blah lad-dee friggin blah...

there is no excuse. there was no "choke." i played like shit, and we lost. end of story.

maybe your constant excuse making has something to do with why the colts always fall short.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:07 AM   #455
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 03:57 PM
^ February 17th.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:24 AM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveC

I love how all of a sudden all the Patriots fans are predicting the grand defeat of the Colts (at home, mind you) at the hands of the Steelers.

Wishful thinking in hopes not to meet Peyton and Co. in the AFC Championship, methinks.
Actually, it's because the Patriots would then host the AFC title game. However, a good portion of Pats fans I know want to play the Colts.
Old 01-09-2006, 08:49 AM   #457
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I think the Colts beat the Steelers, but the Steelers will pound on the Colts physically, much like they did the Been Gals yesterday...so if the Pats get by the Broncos, Indy will be a sore team, much like teams the week after playing TB and Balt in years past, a much better option than playing them fresh off a bye.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:28 AM   #458
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Was this in direct response to my post? Because I never said the Steelers would beat them, only that they could give them a run for their money. I still think the Colts will win - hence them being higher on my list in the playoff pool.

And I for one want the Pats to beat the Colts. I've said all year how I'd love the Pats to get the opportunity to beat Indianapolis in their own house, so people would finally shut up that the only reason we beat them the past two years was because of home field advantage. This is their chance to show everyone that they can beat the Colts no matter where the game is played.
Old 01-09-2006, 09:56 AM   #459
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I think the Squeelers will beat the Colts. They are more of a physical team and will be more focused than Indy, plus, they have been playing a series of meaningful games for many weeks in a row now. Indy hasn't really played a meaningful game all year. Plus I can't imagine dungy is at full strength.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:07 AM   #460
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by StlElevation
I think the Squeelers will beat the Colts. They are more of a physical team and will be more focused than Indy, plus, they have been playing a series of meaningful games for many weeks in a row now. Indy hasn't really played a meaningful game all year. Plus I can't imagine dungy is at full strength.
Keep on telling yourself that if it will make you feel better We totally dominated them once, it will happen again. Your Patriots won't make it anyway, they are going down to the snowplow in Denver.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:10 AM   #461
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by Eli Manning

the better team wins the game. carolina was the better team and they deserved to win. if we were the better team, we would have won.

there is no excuse. there was no "choke." i played like shit, and we lost. end of story.
This is not always true, there are always other factors, that's why they say 'on any given Sunday.' The best team does NOT always win, just the luckiest or the most opportunistic. In baseball the best team usually does win because you have a series, but in the NFL playoffs, you get one shot, and one strike is all it takes. This doesn't mean you weren't the best team.

Coach Mora used to say 'we lost because we suck, we're a horseshit team and this was a horseshit game." He was just being emotional, though.

Quote:
maybe your constant excuse making has something to do with why the colts always fall short.
And here I go again, huh? The only thing I can do now is to prove in on the field.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:19 AM   #462
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:

This is not always true, there are always other factors, that's why they say 'on any given Sunday.' The best team does NOT always win, just the luckiest or the most opportunistic. In baseball the best team usually does win because you have a series, but in the NFL playoffs, you get one shot, and one strike is all it takes. This doesn't mean you weren't the best team.
Are you already making excuses for yourself when you don't win the Super Bowl? It seems to me like an MVP, like yourself, would never make petty excuses if things didn't go your way.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:28 AM   #463
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:

Keep on telling yourself that if it will make you feel better We totally dominated them once, it will happen again. Your Patriots won't make it anyway, they are going down to the snowplow in Denver.
yeah, like the pats never play in coldweather.

you played them the week rothlishamburger came back from injury. rust. but, overlook your opponent, thats just another factor.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:36 AM   #464
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Give it up Pey-Pey, you have lost to a better Patriots team the last 2 years, admit it and get over it.
They've won an NFL record 10 straight post season games, your Colts haven't reached the Superbowl since Jesus was in diapers and they played in Murder City Maryland.
Stop with this nonsensical crap. If you get there and win this year, then you can talk, but until then, you have a storied history of losing, to a superior opponent, deal with it.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:37 AM   #465
War Child

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:

Denver will pummel the patsies, and even if they somehow luck out & win, they'll probably end up at indy who rested this week, so they won't be as beat up as you think. but keep dreaming it'll be over for the patsies on sat about 4pm.