The Official Interference World Cup Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Serbia's coach head must hurt a lot when he sees this picture :

petckovic.jpg

yertle-the-turtle said:
So I take it it was more a case of Argentina being damn good rather than Serbia being damn bad?

Watch my comments above mate

J-NP that player above is overrated by Brazilian press.Anyway, back to the game,I really feel ashamed now for being Serbian. I can't belive this, 6 goals.
My only consolation is that I have a team that I support more than Serbia
Go England

You don't like him mate ? Petkovic is a amazing free-kicker , corner-kicker , besides he's a great mid-fielder , tell me he wasnt missed today ?

And about now's game , whatta game , Hol X I. Coast is amazing so far , 2 great teams , 2 teams I like a lot , would be incredible , and it looks like it could end like 5-4.

I'm watching!
Of course.

Really great game thus far!
Both teams are very strong.

The Netherlands were definitelty better in the period that they scored both goals.

But the last minutes of the 1st half were without a doubt for Ivory Coast.
With the Dutch defense making a lot of mistakes.

And even though I'm Dutch, after watching the repeat, I still think Ruud van Nistelrooy was standing offside, when he scored.

What does everybody else think?

No He wasn't dude , or would be better If I said my lady ... ? You're a girl right ? Anyway the thing is , the striker that was on the right was off-side , but Nistelrooy wasn't .

To me it looked like the Ivory Coast defense player standing closest to van Nistelrooy was slightly in front of him.
Could be that the camera angle wasn't straight on.

And yes, I'm a girl.

Not a good second half for the Netherlands.
Don't think it'll stay 2 - 1.
If it does, we're damn lucky!

:up: Best game so far IMO, IC-Netherlands. Should have been a draw.
:down: for referee missing penalties in favour of IC.

Ivory Coast have played some exciting games, it's a shame they're out b/c they played very well. Hmm I didn't think van Nistelrooy was offsides but I'd have to look at it again.

The ref wasn't that great at all though.

So far we already got :

Germany
Ecuador
England
Sweeden - almost -
Argentina
Neederlands

Classified

Though I didnt see any real penalties for IC , only saw the guys diving , whata shame they're out .....

I am finally allowed to post back here today (thank you, Sicy).

What a masterpiece.

Argentina 6 - Serbia 0.

Be afraid, Brazil, be very afraid.

Well, well, who would have thought before hand that group C would be decided after just 2 rounds?
I sure didn't.

Wonder what kinda match The Netherlands - Argentina is gonna be.
The winner and 2nd team out of group D will already be known before that game starts.
So all will depend on which team you wanna play in the next round.

Based on the goals made, if the Netherlands - Argentina ends in a tie, Argentina wins the group.

U2girl said:
No. Serbia was so bad.

Well, a team can play poorly but the other team has to play well to score six times against them.

I am very happy with Argentina today. However, I also realize that we have not won anything yet, so we have to go 'step by step'.

And I would be interested to see whether the Argentine coach saves some players (i.e., the ones with yellow cards) for the match against Holland... after all, being 1st or 2nd should either face them with Mexico or Portugal in the round of 16, not a huge difference.

U2@NYC said:

Wonders what was all that about ....

Not so sure I would say that mate , everytime Argentina comes as favorite and all , well you saw what happened in 2005 ......
Again not tryin to say anything , but you beat a already beaten team , a team beaten by it's own members . As for Brazil , ya know they still played 23% of what they can do , so I would wait to say anything against them

Last edited:
J_NP said:

Wonders what was all that about ....

Not so sure I would say that mate , everytime Argentina comes as favorite and all , well you saw what happened in 2005 ......
Again not tryin to say anything , but you beat a already beaten team , a team beaten by it's own members . As for Brazil , ya know they still played 23% of what they can do , so I would to say anything against them

I would never underestimate Brazil. They are the best team still by level of players and we will always respect them. My sense is that they will wake up on Sunday and destroy Australia as they have a point to prove.

I'm just happy and hopeful by the way we played. But, as I mentioned later, we have not won a thing yet. We have to go step by step.

U2@NYC said:

:wave:

I'm :happy: that you can post here again.

U2@NYC said:
being 1st or 2nd should either face them with Mexico or Portugal in the round of 16, not a huge difference.

If Portugal and Mexico indeed become 1st and 2nd in group D:
I think my preference would be, if the Netherlands played Mexico in the next round seeing that the Netherlands lost from Portugal in the semi-finals of the European Championships in 2004 and won from Mexico in a friendly match before the World Cup started.

Dutch critics, commentators, fans and players all agree that the Netherlands didn't play well this game.

Not like the next World Champion.

I gotta tell ya , whoevers gets Portugal already will be a mess , even it's Argentina with all their guns already working , Portugal is a team I expect a lot , sure they need a big time , to score more goals and all , but with that coach Scolari , and a team with Deco , Figo , Pauleta and their Ronaldo , you got to give some respect to this team , be sure that whatever team they face , Argentina or even Brazil , it will be very hard to beat Portugal , write what I say.

U2@NYC said:

Well, a team can play poorly but the other team has to play well to score six times against them.

Not hard scoring 6 times when the other team plays as bad as Serbia did.

Miringeltje said:

Best game?
Really?

Don't think so at all.
Not a lot of action.
Kinda low tempo.

Didn't see that either.

:confused:
3 goals in first halftime and loads of opportunities to score in second on both sides isn't a lot of action and high tempo?

You didn't see the several times IC players got knocked down/pulled down in the penalty area? :shrug:

Last edited:
BTW I JUST SAW :D I had forget but I bet correctly last game's score , I had put Hol 2 - 1 I Coast :D Let's see if I get right this one now as well , I Put Mexico 3-1 .

toscano said:
Germany has seen off England every time they've met in a major tournament over the last 39 years. In front of their home crowd, with England having shown next to nothing to worry them, why wouldn't they WANT to meet England ?

Well, as I've said before ENGLAND are pacing themselves, btw, what was the score the last time we met the boxheads in the fatherland?

U2@NYC said:

What a masterpiece.

Argentina 6 - Serbia 0.

Be afraid, Brazil, be very afraid.

Yeah, be afraid Brazil, that 3rd place spot is looking like being wrapped up by the argies.

J_NP said:
I gotta tell ya , whoevers gets Portugal already will be a mess , even it's Argentina with all their guns already working , Portugal is a team I expect a lot , sure they need a big time , to score more goals and all , but with that coach Scolari , and a team with Deco , Figo , Pauleta and their Ronaldo , you got to give some respect to this team , be sure that whatever team they face , Argentina or even Brazil , it will be very hard to beat Portugal , write what I say.

Maybe. I can probably make a more informed call after I see them play tomorrow against Iran.

jimmmm said:

Yeah, be afraid Brazil, that 3rd place spot is looking like being wrapped up by the argies.

Just hope you do not have to play Germany in the round of 16 and you end up facing Ecuador... playing the Germans in Germany, who are looking for revenge, can be pretty wild. I still think England will show much more in the next couple of games to come and that they are a team to watch, with a lot of talent.

Again, it is still early. It is tough to predict who will be in the final. All I know is that, today, we kicked butt.

U2girl said:

Not hard scoring 6 times when the other team plays as bad as Serbia did.

Maja, Serbia received 1 goal in all the qualifying rounds. Even if they sucked today, scoring 6 times against them deserves some merit. Especially scoring that marvelous second goal... :drool:

gol1.jpg

Last edited:
Miringeltje said:

:wave:

I'm :happy: that you can post here again.

If Portugal and Mexico indeed become 1st and 2nd in group D:
I think my preference would be, if the Netherlands played Mexico in the next round seeing that the Netherlands lost from Portugal in the semi-finals of the European Championships in 2004 and won from Mexico in a friendly match before the World Cup started.

Dutch critics, commentators, fans and players all agree that the Netherlands didn't play well this game.

Not like the next World Champion.

Ciao, Miri!!! :wave:

You might have a point. Portugal may play better than Mexico. We will see what happens after this next couple of games.

All I am saying is that, in theory, both Argentina and the Netherlands should have a winnable match in the round of 16 (no England, Germany, Spain, Italy or the Czech Republic to face... :D ).

Something tells me it will be :

Portugal X Argentina (So in a way we would have a BRA X ARG already)

Mexico X Holland

:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom