The Official Interference World Cup Thread - Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh we won, but not convinced [again], need the Roon to get more match practice, Lennon did good, would play him in next game, Owen not sure of, the Roon looked more matchfit than him, i thought id never say this but at the moment Crouch should play the lone striker, Walcott should get some time against Sweden, were through, time to experiment.

I'm happy Roon played at all.I'm not worried about England form,it will improve in time but Owen really gives me trouble.I dont know what's going on with him

I had a juvenile chuckle at this from the BBC website, really couldn't help it:

"Zlatan Ibrahimovic fails to re-appear for Sweden. He was rubbing his groin when he came off at half time and their talisman departs for former Aston Villa striker Marcus Allback."

:reject:

Let the poor man rub his parts .......... anyway that's :lmao: Remembers me a bit of a so called 'educated' teacher I had once , now there was this buddy of mine who said that once in his class , we were from different classrooms , the teacher , in a moment of the class started to scratch well .... :wink: ya know under his pants :lol: what a sight might have been :lol:

Anyway back to game , other sleeeeeeeepppppyyy game

I feel here very zzzzzzllllllyyyy.......

damn. ljungberg scores with 2 minutes left on the clock to set up a group B decider for 1st place.

Lampard had an awful game today and was totally overshadowed by Gerrard.

roy keane said:
I'm happy Roon played at all.I'm not worried about England form,it will improve in time but Owen really gives me trouble.I dont know what's going on with him

i thought after the jamcica game when he scored that great goal i thought " thats it , Owens back" but now , he's a shadow of his former self. To be fair to the guy he has only played 5 hours of football this year but still , looks like rooney and crouch upfront.

More happy england scored late on than early on.

At least they broke their duck.

because england didn't bury half their chances, they get flogged?

i don't get it. everywhere i go, people say england sucked ass. this was WAAAY better than their opener.

lampard had a great game, he 7ust had no finish. he made lots of opportunities for himself.

still, the man of the match has to go to beckham. he's been on every goal so far, some fantastic crosses (and some unfortunate dodgy free kicks...)

Zoomerang96 said:

yeah

i mean did anyone see the many chances Germany missed against Poland??? including several dead sitters. but everyone isn't jumping on them, just when it's England.

France were the only seed that actually failed to win their opener but i don't see much critisism of them in here. not nearly as much as there has been of England anyway.

i guess everyone just likes to lay into the English team.

the rockin edge said:

yeah

i mean did anyone see the many chances Germany missed against Poland??? including several dead sitters. but everyone isn't jumping on them, just when it's England.

France were the only seed that actually failed to win their opener but i don't see much critisism of them in here. not nearly as much as there has been of England anyway.

england have been waiting longer than most teams to win anything, especially a country such as england and the talent we have.

Germany has seen off England every time they've met in a major tournament over the last 39 years. In front of their home crowd, with England having shown next to nothing to worry them, why wouldn't they WANT to meet England ?

Thats it , though it's mainly coz we got a lot of people from britain here , which is pretty damn good reason , but now I noticed we talk ttttoooo muuuccch about the brit's team here :| For good and for bad , which is why u are complaing normally coz everybody been 'bashing ' here the team . Anyway , the thing is sure to discuss the day of the game and all , but no other team here gets the same space england gets , in few days after so much discussion about the tactics and all , we all be PhDs about england's football.

What if we did discussed bit more about the spanish team again , which had that fantastic opening , how dumb is the french's coach lately ..... and all , argentina who's playing tomorrow , Italy , we talked lmost nothing bout it , anyway point is let's give a rest to ericsson's team , Shall We ? :wink:

Zoomerang96 said:

i don't get it. everywhere i go, people say england sucked ass. this was WAAAY better than their opener.

lampard had a great game, he 7ust had no finish. he made lots of opportunities for himself.

still, the man of the match has to go to beckham. he's been on every goal so far, some fantastic crosses (and some unfortunate dodgy free kicks...)

*From non-English supporter of England*

I agree, I don't get why everyone is so negative. This was a million times better than the first game, although it's true the pace wasn't fast enough. Still England completely dominated the game from start to finish, saying T&T deserved a draw is pushing it IMO. It was a well-deserved victory for England, although props to T&T for a great defense. Many times England was really close to score and you could feel they would do it eventually.

Lots of 'big' teams haven't been that impressive so far. Brazil, France, Holland. I don't think it means much at this point, if only that it's a great World Cup to watch because there is also real quality from the smaller teams IMO.

***Ok, this is the first time I ever post something in a sports forum!:ohmy: World Cup fever must really be getting to me... :wink: Now back to work... ***

the rockin edge said:

The English team is way over-hyped by their own media. This is just what happens when they fail to live up to the high expectations. If they want respect then they need to deliver on the world stage, otherwise they are just a bunch of over-paid stars that can't play as a team.

karls77 said:

The English team is way over-hyped by their own media. This is just what happens when they fail to live up to the high expectations. If they want respect then they need to deliver on the world stage, otherwise they are just a bunch of over-paid stars that can't play as a team.

Make Gerrard the captain of English - and he should play at lampards position...

England would have beaten T&T by 5-1 or something like that

AcrobatMan said:

Make Gerrard the captain of English - and he should play at lampards position...

England would have beaten T&T by 5-1 or something like that

and beckham doesnt deserve to be captain ? he has been fucking great for us of late, dont forget he has been the key factor in all of our goals and the ebst crosser we have had.

Zoomerang96 said:

Agreed. If England came away with a 4-0 or 5-0 win nobody would be bothered with the dodgy freekicks, missed chances, or poor passes. These are things you can address for the next game and I believe we will. In all honesty I thought the performance was poor but T&T were not exactly all over us as people seem to believe. One goal line clearance from Terry doesn't compare with the heaps of chances we really should have punished T&T with.

Yeah argentina is playing correctly but I DID expect so much more from Serbia .... shame shame shame , I'm as disappointed with Serbia as with Ucraine .

:huh: Why didn't Serbia attack more in the first half? It's like watching Spain walk all over Ukraine.

Jesus Christ , my lasts comments went for nothing :| We should change the name of this thread from the WC thread for the English Football Team Thread ...... For God's Sake give a rest to england , lets talk about today's and upcoming games ......

This Serbia team ...... :| Holy Shit had no idea they were so bad .... horrible horrible horrible ...... they asked for the goals , how come they go to play a foul and they put a ball back to the GK ? Then he kicks in , the argentianians take the ball and score one more ...... Horrible team , it seems that the political division damaged them really badly ..... I may be wrong but I even saw sometimes , a guy that wouldnt pass the ball to a certain other . Really sad this team .......

Unbelievable... 6-0?!? I thought for sure Serbia would press on in the second halftime.

6-0

fabulous performance from argentina.

Cambiasso's goal :drool: that was the best team goal i've seen in a long long time.

Argentina are starting to look the real deal now. look very good attacking-wise. Their defence still looks a bit weak at times but they could be in real contention for the cup.

Just 4 facts , not tryin to diminish Argentina's match , yeah they played well , they played like 'brazilians' or good south-americans for that matter , anyway the thing is about Serbia

1- The coach messed up badly , he didnt call for the cup , his best player : Dejan Petkovic who plays in Brazil , instead he called his own son , which was even worse for the relation of the team

2-This " Team " , THEY CHANGED PUNCHS ! in the half of the game with Holland

3-Besides own 'bad' participation of the coach , do I need to remember that this is a political divided team ? from now 2 different countries ?

4-When the game was already , they lost the head , and started to play like ..... some teams that like to play 'phisically' , and they lost their best player on field Kezman , or Kelman dont remember , so they stood for about 25 minutes with one less , that turned them into a even easier victim

Anyway the point is , Argentina was always a favorite , it's not coz they beat a drunk and already beaten they are now better , and if for that matter , we should put Spain among the favorites as well.

Last edited:
I wish I could have seen this game live, will have to watch in the evening. I heard Messi was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom