The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread - PART 5

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
annie_vox said:
^^It can't be Brazil-Argentina... only in the final.

Can it be Brazil-Portugal, France-Argentina? Anyway, these teams IMO will be in the semi finals.

U2girl said:

Can it be Brazil-Portugal, France-Argentina? Anyway, these teams IMO will be in the semi finals.

Brazil and France meet in the quarter finals!

Unbelievable... this joker was the one who called the penalty in favor of Italy vs. Australia and will now ref Brazil - France.

And funny the English accepted an Argentine ref for their match against Portugal... (Figo's Hand of God goal? :D )

Referees for World Cup quarter-finals:
Germany v Argentina (Lubos Michel, Slovakia)
Italy v Ukraine (Frank de Bleeckere, Belgium)
England v Portugal (Horacio Elizondo, Argentina)
Brazil v France (Luis Medina Cantalejo, Spain)

U2@NYC said:

And funny the English accepted an Argentine ref for their match against Portugal... (Figo's Hand of God goal? :D )

i thought the other day you were saying how good Argentine refs (specificly that guy) were? :eyebrow:

i watched a game that guy refereed i think...he seemed good.:shrug:

U2@NYC said:
Unbelievable... this joker was the one who called the penalty in favor of Italy vs. Australia and will now ref Brazil - France.

Referees for World Cup quarter-finals:
Germany v Argentina (Lubos Michel, Slovakia)
Italy v Ukraine (Frank de Bleeckere, Belgium)
Brazil v France (Luis Medina Cantalejo, Spain)

:eeklaugh:

Why are they using a ref from a country that is still part of the tournament?

And a SPANISH ref in the match that France is part of?

:coocoo:

I didn't know Brazil and France play in quarter finals - OK, I say Argentina - Italy and Portugal - Brazil.

U2Man said:

:eeklaugh:

Why are they using a ref from a country that is still part of the tournament?

And a SPANISH ref in the match that France is part of?

:coocoo:

Maybe the World Cup should use Martian referees exclusively so as to remove any trace of bias. They can't possibly be any worse than the referees we have now, right?

the rockin edge said:

i thought the other day you were saying how good Argentine refs (specificly that guy) were? :eyebrow:

i watched a game that guy refereed i think...he seemed good.:shrug:

You should be fine. He is pretty good.

:up:

What a weird day , and the fact that there was no games , made it even weirder

And only my connection recovered , tell me what's up on the discussion .....

speedracer said:

Maybe the World Cup should use Martian referees exclusively so as to remove any trace of bias.

Maybe the Fifa should be more discreet, Germany-Brazil is the perfect final i guess.

Coffi Codjia is in the short list though. :lock:
How ironic to put him in this list when you know how African teams were robbed during this cup.

:barf:

Wonders which game will have a team most robbed , there's no doubt there will be at least one , my bets :

GER X ARG
BRA X FRA

Ouch Now I've seen it , that crap spanish referee is still on the cup , and he's on Brazil X France
:eyebrow:

What about the fact that the World Cup has alternated between Europe and South America since I think 1966? Should be interesting to see if the trend continues...

You mean the title , I had posted here other day .

I may be wrong but the actual score is 11 AMERICA X 10 EUROPE

england v brazil
Italy v Germany

final

Brazil v germany

Winner : Germany

You forgot to write , IF this happens mate , under the winner

with honorary help of FIFA , for the " sake and healthy " of the sport .

J_NP said:
You forgot to write , IF this happens mate , under the winner

with honorary help of FIFA , for the " sake and healthy " of the sport .

Indeed :up:

I still cannot get over the fact that they are having this idiot Cantalejo ref Brazil vs. France. I mean, the guy ripped off the Australians and is still allowed to ref another match... and a huge one.

FIFA, you are embarassing.

U2@NYC said:

I still cannot get over the fact that they are having this idiot Cantalejo ref Brazil vs. France. I mean, the guy ripped off the Australians and is still allowed to ref another match... and a huge one.

FIFA, you are embarassing.

It could be related to the fact that the head of FIFA's referee committee is a Spaniard.

U2@NYC wrote: ...I still cannot get over the fact that they are having this idiot Cantalejo ref Brazil vs. France. I mean, the guy ripped off the Australians and is still allowed to ref another match... and a huge one.
spot on! yes the FIFA is a bunch of useless FluffyBunnies...
Mr. Blatter is hypocritical 'cause he is the man who gave out the instructions to the refs for penalising every little foul and presenting yellow cards for nothing.
why they don't attempt to test a Sin Bin like they use to do in Rugby or Hockey? it would be better to cool down the players and so they have a chance to get on the pitch after 10min...

jacobus said:

spot on! yes the FIFA is a bunch of useless FluffyBunnies...
Mr. Blatter is hypocritical 'cause he is the man who gave out the instructions to the refs for penalising every little foul and presenting yellow cards for nothing.
why they don't attempt to test a Sin Bin like they use to do in Rugby or Hockey? it would be better to cool down the players and so they have a chance to get on the pitch after 10min...

players will tighten up then and then they be falling around the bitch with hamstring injuries. Unless they take a extra 10 mins stretching of and loosening up.

Also wouldnt it go against the people on the field ? , 10 mins resting sounds good to me.

The war of words is everywhere and keep going

selo_quadrinhos.jpg

Translated :

Tevez - Germany will have to do lot more than what they've been doing to beat us

Klose - The Argentinians are a strong team and one of the favorites to the title , before the beginning of the WC , but they had the bad luck of facing us

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom