The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pre-Season Cup should be scrapped and replaced by practice matches.

Hawthorn and Geelong and Richmond to dominate the season hopefully.....with Carlton and Swans just behind them....

Pre-Season Cup should be scrapped and replaced by practice matches.

Hawthorn and Geelong and Richmond to dominate the season hopefully.....with Carlton and Swans just behind them....

I always thought it should be scrapped in favour of a 30 round season where every team gets to play each other twice, but with these new bullshit fixtures that's not going to happen, and it's now absolutely unlikely with GC and West Sydney in the coming years.

I'm still not convinced by Carlton. I hope Richmond does significantly better, though. As for my boys, I'm not expecting the finals this year, but I have high hopes we'll get around 10th or so. Haha, just a year ago that would have been a nightmare.

Geelong, Hawthorn will be up there battling it out in the Top 2. Carlton and Richmond will probably make the 8. My Crows are always up in the 8, so they'll have another good season with some young talent bursting through.

Melbourne for the wooden spoon... :wink:

I always thought it should be scrapped in favour of a 30 round season where every team gets to play each other twice, but with these new bullshit fixtures that's not going to happen, and it's now absolutely unlikely with GC and West Sydney in the coming years.

I'm still not convinced by Carlton. I hope Richmond does significantly better, though. As for my boys, I'm not expecting the finals this year, but I have high hopes we'll get around 10th or so. Haha, just a year ago that would have been a nightmare.

I've been pushing this idea for years. If it's ok for American basketballers to play 80 games a season, for American baseballers to play 140 odd games a season, for elite European footballers to play 60 games a season, 30 games is surely quite reasonable for AFL players, and no one would have any reason to whinge about the draw and we'll be rid of the need to accommodate some of these fake blockbusters having to be played twice a season, every season.

:love:

BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS BEN COUSINS

Ahem.

Geelong, Hawthorn will be up there battling it out in the Top 2. Carlton and Richmond will probably make the 8. My Crows are always up in the 8, so they'll have another good season with some young talent bursting through.

Melbourne for the wooden spoon... :wink:

Stuff your Crows, they're going down. ;)

Yeah, well, well... they're good, um... yeah, think about it!

Hey I haven't even realised that my birthday is coming up. :wink:

I haven't been keeping up on much news lately (I like to not be obsessed with footy a few months each year) but one of my taxi drivers at the Gold Coast said that GC17 is going along pretty well, his nephew's gonna be captain, and that they're "the fittest bunch of young blokes" he's ever seen. Said he'll still be a Tigers supporter, though.

Also mentioned Buddy's big drug habits.

Alright, so I don't know how reliable a goddamn taxi driver at Surfer's is, but hell, why the hell not.

At the moment I don't really give a damn about any football news because of the Tennis and Cricket. Though when round one comes around i'll be back to my footy loving passion. :wink:

I haven't been keeping up on much news lately (I like to not be obsessed with footy a few months each year) but one of my taxi drivers at the Gold Coast said that GC17 is going along pretty well, his nephew's gonna be captain, and that they're "the fittest bunch of young blokes" he's ever seen. Said he'll still be a Tigers supporter, though.

Also mentioned Buddy's big drug habits.

Alright, so I don't know how reliable a goddamn taxi driver at Surfer's is, but hell, why the hell not.

:lol: For some reason, I tend to trust these reports sometimes. GC17 are going to get raped in a number of their games, but they'll also surprise. Just a shame the AFL are still going ahead with West Sydney, which is going to fail miserably, instead of Tassie.

At the moment I don't really give a damn about any football news because of the Tennis and Cricket. Though when round one comes around i'll be back to my footy loving passion. :wink:

...and A-League is reaching an entertaining business end....

Correct me if I'm wrong here...

me: WCE
Danny: catters
Vlad: croweaters
Inte: swans bloods
Jen: collingscum
Ax: tiggers
Anna: paul roos' head

Anyone else?

You'd think there would be more, hey.

We'll wait for the first game yet, see what happens.

Does Shep Daniel/bono_man2002 ever come in here? He's a Pies supporter, I think.

Disgraceful incident. I saw it and I just felt like "Setanta, Setanta, Setanta, what have you done"

I really don't get the point of bashing your teammate during training, and I don't believe that they had any problems before, earlier.

Simply shocking. :down:

:shifty:

So....Nick Maxwell......is he going to be outted?....I think that he forgot that the AFL is Division 1 Netball, and you're not allowed to make contact.....but hey thats just me.

Back
Top Bottom