The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, what an amazing round so far, Essendon belted Hawthorn, North Melbourne eventually only just held on to beat Port by 5 points and Fremantle won 3 in a row!!! Amazing. :D

While Brisbane and Geelong won pretty easily in the end.

Sad to see Richmond losing after dominating early. Got a soft spot for them, and Richo.

And yeah, Freo have won three in a row :scratch:

Meanwhile Carlton are 3-4, but could very easily be 5-2.

Teh Freo will be top 4 contendahs dis year! :wink:

Damn my Crows sit at 3-4, eh, I guess it's because we're rebuildin'.

I knows, I almost cried when he got that behind. :sad:

Still, one of the best kicks at goal in the AFL. :up:

Mmmmm, far cry from the days when they attracted 15,000 to matches in the mid-90s. Bring back the Gold Coast Rollers and the North Melbourne Gaints and the Newcastle Falcons.

Shite sport though I reckon. Boring to watch and boring to play in my opinion.

I used to love watching and playing basketball, so I'm pretty sad to see it happen. Never really supported a team (although it was nice when the '36ers won) but nonetheless.

Never really had much interest in basketball. Always thought it was quite boring.

I do think it is pretty boring to watch as well, but it's fun enough to play, and it's very sad to see the demise of what once was a truly great national competition - easily ranked second behind AFL for a while there. Interest in basketball peaked in the 90s.

I watched a game of Major League baseball the other day. I'd've rather watched golf.

Oh yeah, I turned to watch ONE HD one day and they showing the MLB competition so I decided to watch it for a while but god, it is so spectacularly boring and lacking in excitement, sometimes i'm surprised that people find it entertaining. Oh well I guess it's just an opinion.

I don't mind watching golf though.

And it's early enough to put down the round 8 tips! :hyper:

Geelong vs North Ballarat
Port Melbourne vs Frankston
Coburg vs Collingwood
Bendigo vs Williamstown
Casey vs Box Hill
Werribee vs Sandringham

oh, wait.

Teehee.

Adam Huntahhhhhh retiring after his next match, supposedly. Which will also be his 150th. Anyway, I'm sad about this - he may have been plagued by injuries lately (hence early retirement) but he was invaluable during our golden era of 05/06. :(

That's no good :( One of those reliable, under-the-radar sort of players we all liked.

Can I just say that if Joel Selwood came onto me, I'd think twice? Thanks.

The thing with baseball spectatorship, it's a sport where you really need to have a very intense emotional investment in the team you support, that's what I noticed in America, you were either hardcore, or didn't give a toss at all.

Oh hey, haven't done my Uneducated Picks for this week.

Well then, here you go:

Wellington motherfucking Hurricanes vs Queensland Reds
... hang on a minute ...

Freo vs Hawthorn
Melbourne vs Bulldogs
Geelong vs Kangaroos
Lions vs Adelaide
Sydney vs West Coast
Port vs Poormond
Collingwood vs Carlton
St Kilda vs Essendon

Freo are a mighty chance to make it four in a row ... :D

They should be the favourites.

I don't know, but if I did I must need proof since my memory has a short span.

But anyway i'm already eating my words from my previous post, Freo are getting smashed. :D

they made half a game of it in the last at least, michael johnson was dominating.

hear melbourne are hot favourites to get a super 14 (15) team ax? even less people care about union here than league, so i find it hard to see how it'll work, considering we've already got a league team.

they're planning on re-opening princes park too, with carlton playing low-drawing interstate teams there, with gold coast, freo, port and west sydney...

Damn that Treadgay! I wish he'd just retire, he's not supposed to regain form at his age. :sad:

Francou's now the footy expert on Channel 10.

And the Porpoise got his second behind yesterday. :sad:

There are so many things to cry about now.

:wink:

i gotta pay more attention!! adelaide games only?

haha, what's his two behinds been like? easy misses?

meanwhile, we continue to just win easily, even without the best player in the competition in our side.

Well, I never saw his first behind since I was listening to radio coverage but the second was a running shot from 50 on a 45 or so degree angle that looked perfect but barely faded in the end, it just missed. :wink:

But still, 20 goals 2 is brilliant. You should've heard the commentators when Porpoise missed last night, "I CAN'T HE BELIEVE HE MISSED! HE NEVER MISSES!" pretty predictable but you get the point. :D

You can also safely say that he's not in his best form atm.

hear melbourne are hot favourites to get a super 14 (15) team ax? even less people care about union here than league, so i find it hard to see how it'll work, considering we've already got a league team.

they're planning on re-opening princes park too, with carlton playing low-drawing interstate teams there, with gold coast, freo, port and west sydney...

Yep, heard about that and I think it would be fantastic - none of the Aussie teams would have even half a chance at making the semi-finals because the thin talent pool that only just supported three teams in the Super 12 era would be hopelessly dispersed over five teams, so the Kiwi teams would have an even easier shot at the finals (especially if South Africa also wants to disperse its talent pool with a sixth team). Or in other words, I think it's a fucking daft move and if the tournament must be expanded, it should be to admit Argentine or Pacific Islands teams.

Good on them re-opening Princes Park.

Damn shame about Poormond today. And I'd hate to be a Collingwood fan after their last two games!

Back
Top Bottom