The Official AFL Season 2009 thread that may be super!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I agree with you pretty much 100% there. Haven't got a problem with Malthouse doing what she does, in fact I think she's the best boundary rider there is. I don't have Foxtel so I do listen to Tiffany. And again good on Bev O'Connor.

:yes: I hate having 40 thousand 'special comments' people. Shits me up the wall. It's more frustrating on the TV, as I don't mind it so much on radio. A good example is Triple M with JB, BT, Garry Lyon and Danny Frawley. A great team.

Buckley, Schwarz, et al however, are terrible, and I've never liked Robert Walls.

I'm really, deeply worried about defensive, zoning tactics and the kick-to-handball ratio.

To have the kick to handball ratio higher lower than say 1:1.5 used to be a sure sign of defeat, not the ratio is 1:1.01 :(

AFL changing the rules, again!

If it's such a beautiful thing, why change it? It's unrecognisable from the football of yesteryear. Leave it be, let it evolve naturally....stop meddling with it, stop wrecking the sport.

If an ugly tactic becomes common, it's up to tactical evolution on the part of clubs and it's coaches to combat it. It's their problem to sort out, not some administrative body to rewrite the rules. Absolute disgrace.

Geelong killed off Sydney's defensive approach by playing attacking footy to win a flag, Hawthorn responded with the more defensive but effective form of footy they employed to defeat Geelong, which club will combat Hawthorn's new defensive approach, we'll never know because the AFL keeps interfering.....

Richmond v Carlton
Hawthorn v Geelong
Collingwood v Adelaide
Brisbane v West Coast
St Kilda v Sydney
Melbourne v North
Port v Essendon
Fremantle v Bulldogs

:up: :up: :up:

Thank GOD the real stuff starts this weekend.

It's a shame Trev's not on the Footy Show anymore. :(

The footy show is getting pretty awful this year. I didn't really pay attention to it last night, but I'm getting sick of it, which is sad. Because since it started (I was probably to young to 'stay up' during those early primary school years)....It always the 'must watch' program on a thursday night.

Now?, Its just gone to the shits. I Hope it did improve last night, I still Love Sam, but I think Gary kills it for me.

The footy show is getting pretty awful this year.

I just hope Shane Crawford keeps his clothes on for the rest of the year.

The G went off tonight - and Judd's face at the end of the match was worth the neverending off season wait.

GO THE MIGHTY BLUES!

Well... that first quarter was awesome. From there on in I scarcely paid attention. 83 points. Just shows Carlton are pushing hard this year.

I thought Mike Sheahan's article today was a gross overeaction, and I think what's an even bigger one is people doubting Richmond taking Cousins because now he's done a hammy.

This.

Except I'll tip the Hawks to beat the Cats.

They're paying $3.40!! Now I'm a Cats man, but I'm seriously considering jumping on the Hawks at those odds!

The footy show is getting pretty awful this year. I didn't really pay attention to it last night, but I'm getting sick of it, which is sad. Because since it started (I was probably to young to 'stay up' during those early primary school years)....It always the 'must watch' program on a thursday night.

Now?, Its just gone to the shits. I Hope it did improve last night, I still Love Sam, but I think Gary kills it for me.

I'm it's staunchest defender, but yeah so far this year it hasn't been great. This might be the first year in how many that perhaps their more serious stuff (the Wayne Carey piece etc) will outstrip the silly stuff.

Hawthorn v Geelong - Geelong will be determined for payback time.
Collingwood v Adelaide - Underestimate them at your peril. :wink:
Brisbane v West Coast - Meh, sounds like a boring match.
St Kilda v Sydney - StK in a scrappy, low scoring match, see previous seasons.
Melbourne v North - Nth Melb pretty easily.
Port v Essendon - I hate Port, but they look the goods so far (now i've embarrassed meself by saying so)
Fremantle v Bulldogs - And the moral of this story is, never tip Fremantle. :wink:

There.

Tonight was statistically a Cat victory, but probably better for Hawthorn's morale in the long run, will be interesting to see what effect it has on both sides.

Who do you support again Tania?

Collingwood losing cost me like 500 bucks :censored:

Imagine how I felt when I bet on Geelong to win by 12 or less at $9.90...

Back
Top Bottom