The Octagon Bar: Swanky and Soaked for 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im majoring in history. first class is archaeology 102
a beer bong sounds excellent!
too bad we didnt go to college together
what hell we could raise:D
all the mac stores within a 4 hour radius are out of the iPod.....
bastards

no all graduated now (how that actually happened I'll never know:wink: ) And yes it is in Columbia - It is basically known for its Jounalism department and the fact that Brad Pitt went there

and a lot of parties - but you figure when you are stuck in the middle of Missouri you options are slightly limited between parties and cow tipping - sometimes a combo of both:huh:

I have been to Columbia a couple of times. Enjoyed some drinks at the Heidelberg. ;) And loved Rasoi (Indian restaurant).

And the Columbia, MO Target was the first one I ever visited.

the Heidelberg (at least the orginal) burnt down about a year ago - they have since rebuilt - but that where I hung out during my time as an Art History major (as the bar was located right across from the quad and the museum) Many, many late nights at the Heildeberg:)
And yes the Target in the mall is impressive:wink:

cow tipping! sweet. Never got to do it though I live right near a cow pasture. People shoot at cans here....and each other sometimes:|
Theres really nothing to do in a little beach town but break the law and sleep

Yes, I think I remember my Mizzou pals mentioning the fire at the Heidelberg. :( I love Columbia's downtown--so relaxed and yet so busy. It's very college-town-ish.

**Walks into the bar**

For the first night in a very long time - or what feels as a very long time - and for the first time this year, I'll spend more than just 5 minutes in here...

:dance: :drunk: :dance:

starsforu2 said:
Quick give me a :kiss: before LemonBoy gets the wrong idea! :lmao:

:kiss: :lmao:

starsforu2 said:
Happy New Year Merc! Where are you off to next now that University is over?

Thanks! :D

Over?!?!? My University days isn't over yet :laugh: ... got exams until the end of January and then I'm off to my internship... and then there is 1½ year left at uni, so it's hardly over yet... :wink:

Hi Dorothe! :hug: When do you take off for your internship? Doesn't it put you closer to Lemonboy :wink:

Thanks for saving me from Lemonboy's lips. I'm sure they are good for something, but not for me. :huh:

:shifty: Hi Henry! :wave: You sure are Noisy! Thanks Pax, that's better. Only 1.5 hours before I can flee this joint...

starsforu2 said:
Hi Dorothe! :hug:

:hug:

I'm sorry, but... :lol: ... my name isn't that exoctic, is it?! Try with only one "o" next time, dear! :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:
When do you take off for your internship? Doesn't it put you closer to Lemonboy :wink:

January 28th... and no, actually it puts me further away from him, so you don't need to worry! :wink:

... so can I get a drink in here, or whatever happend to that handsome bartender we had once...? :flirt:

u2bonogirl said:
he got whisked away by some chick *shrug*

I really need a drink....
*reaches into her minifridge and pulls out a bottle of white wine*
ah, thats the stuff. I think I need another bottle:huh: :|

No, I think I got busted for bringing you into the conversation when you weren't even here, thus revealing a weakness for Tara :p

** Snaps fingers and Sends Garson out to get some more white whine for the lady **

Hey, did you hide your profile for when you're online? :eyebrow: You're not here on my friend's list?

quite a few here today - I've been working on a report all day so coming here is part of my treat for getting some stuff done
Too early here for nice mixed drink so I'll stick to the diet coke - will add rum later:wink:

also in eleborate time wasting scheme - have posted my work station - Tara - Merc you must do the same as I've seen Pax and Tim's space (btw nice use of Yoda:))

whoa! Im invisible! Cool:wink:
that makes me ultracool like rebekah
Sorry tim, I dont really know how that happened but ill go back to visible so you wont get busted for talking about me while you think Im working:D
not!
My workspace is a little nook with an espresso maker and a lot of spoons
adam would LOVE it:lol:

starsforu2 said:
Sorry Dorthe :reject: :yawn: Must be my foggy head. :D

It's okay - I'm kinda getting used to it and I know it isn't a very common name in English-spaeking countries... but I also know that English-speaking ppl can get it (and the pronunciation) right...if they pratice a little... :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:
What can I get you to drink this afternoon / evening?
:hmm: ... a rum & coke would be just fine! :flirt:

... btw, I almost :faint: when I saw that YOU had made a post in pleba's fan fiction!!! What's next?! Posting pics on Leather Day?! :laugh:

:wink:

... and :wave: Tara!

hey merc! Im not going to even try to butcher the spelling of your name:wink:
you saw Tim post in my fic:D i was pleasantly surprised to say the least.
nice to see another girl here who likes the rum and coke. I like it made it diet, otherwise its too sugary and gives me a hangover:madspit:

** Pours Rum & Coke for Dorthe **

It's funny, I wouldn't have been there if it hadn't been in one of the top 10 recent posts. Someone wrote a response and I saw that Tara was the thread starter, so I read it. And I was impressed! :bow:
But if you catch me commenting on Leather day (whatever that is :rolleyes:) , get me some serious help!

Tara, I don't like it when your invisible :no:, I like to see your body! :sexywink: :dance: Brunette huh? How'd you know that I favor them?

Chrissi, I love Yoda. Remember, Star Wars geek! :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom